News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

ParentsOf4

Left our room at BWV at 6:13
In DHS at 6:52
BG 58

Now we're leaving for breakfast!

20191216_061914.jpg

20191216_063602.jpg

Last edited:

drizgirl

Apparently now they might open up more groups in the evenings if all morning groups are called and finished early?

My read on this is that they're tired of not getting to all the morning groups and needing to offer guest recovery. I would guess they will issue fewer initial groups, but then offer some backup groups with the warning they might not get on (and should not recovery if they don't get called).

disneygeek90

My read on this is that they're tired of not getting to all the morning groups and needing to offer guest recovery. I would guess they will issue fewer initial groups, but then offer some backup groups with the warning they might not get on (and should not recovery if they don't get called).
I think they’ve called every group they’ve issued since Wednesday. This might be more about them recently finishing calling groups several hours before park close.

This allows them to push the limit and operate longer if they have a good day but also spares them the comps if they don’t get to the extra groups in the process.

Last edited:

butterxcup

So does that mean someone out there has group 125 And is not guaranteed to ride? Or when 120 is nearly called they’ll open up more if time permits? To me it sounds like the former.
Pretty sure it’s if 120 is called two to three hours before the park closes they’ll release a few more groups to end the day with. How many? Guess we’ll find out if they do reach 120 before the end of the day.

disneygeek90

Pretty sure it’s if 120 is called two to three hours before the park closes they’ll release a few more groups to end the day with. How many? Guess we’ll find out if they do reach 120 before the end of the day.
“Backup” makes me feel like people already have those numbers they are just less likely to be called than group 1-120.

If they release more groups later, even better. I can be there by 6:30, lol

drizgirl

This is a pretty simple concept. The ride has found some consistency as far as number of boarding groups it can handle. As long as there are no unexpected extended breakdowns, then the ride should be able to handle all guaranteed boarding groups 2-3 hours prior to park closing and that will allow them to call the extended boarding groups and increase ride capacity daily. I am sure disney will be "moving the goal posts" and continue to add to guaranteed boarding groups as the ride can handle it with less and shorter breakdowns. For eg if they now get to 120 bgs per day for 10 straight days then once they get to 160 they will increase the early boarding groups. That is the whole concept of using boarding groups to begin with. It's a real time testing for capacity and reliability.
They’re calling it back up boarding because they want people to know they will not offer the same level of guest recovery they have previously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom