News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

Oh, you mean given out by WDW in total, not Boarding Groups that called called out so far.

Nevermind.
1576450290258.gif

KevinPage

From what I can tell, showing up at 5:15 vs 6 can potentially save you hours of waiting.

Absolutely agree. An extra 30-60 minutes earlier in the morning will save you MULTIPLE HOURS.

The single best piece of advice I can give is GET THERE EARLY. Saw continuous reports of people who got there 15-30 minutes after me getting boards groups well into late morning and early afternoon when I’d be called by 7-7:30am

- The sooner you are through security, the sooner you queue up at the band scanners.
- The sooner you enter the park, the earlier you get a boarding pass.
- The earlier you get a boarding pass the earlier you get on the ride.
- The earlier you get on the ride it frees up your entire day. If there are issues you can get a FP & get back on early
- The longer it’s open the more potential issues it has causing longer delays and swaths of people.

Oh wow, DHS opening time between Xmas and NY moved to 6am. Thought I RememberEd someone here saying CMs don’t have time on the clock before 6am- does that mean I wouldn’t need to get there obscenely early on New Year’s Eve? Hoping to get a BG but couldn’t realistically arrive any earlier than 5am :/

I guess the other question is- how long might it take someone to get in the park who arrives to the crowds an hour before opening?

ToTBellHop

Oh wow, DHS opening time between Xmas and NY moved to 6am. Thought I RememberEd someone here saying CMs don’t have time on the clock before 6am- does that mean I wouldn’t need to get thereon New Year’s Eve? Hoping to get a BG but couldn’t realistically arrive any earlier than 5am :/

I guess the other question is- how long might it take someone to get in the park who arrives to the crowds an hour before opening?
If you want to ride on what is literally the busiest day of they year, you’d have to arrive by like 4.

joup7

I’m in the park right now and haven’t ridden yet. I’ll keep checking to see if they reopen boarding groups and I’ll report if they do.

The smart move would be to close early, get extra maitenence done, and not open Pandora’s box by reopening boarding groups just because they got lucky today.

Get there as early as you can and hope for the best. A posted 6am open reasonably means they’ll be opening the park by 5:30.

5 might be okay enough to get a pass but obviously not guaranteed and would probably be in the back half of the groups.

Appreciate this pragmatism. I know the hype for ROR is very just, but It does sometimes seem as though the brand affinity and closeness to the WDW community of so many members here seems to overpower advice and assessments that are within other working people’s or non-locals’ means, Yknow?

disneygeek90

Appreciate this pragmatism. I know the hype for ROR is very just, but It does sometimes seem as though the brand affinity and closeness to the WDW community of so many members here seems to overpower advice and assessments that are within other working people’s or non-locals’ means, Yknow?
FWIW, I’m seeing some AP groups on Facebook with their other times. Someone arrived at 7am on Thursday and got 79. Factor in the holiday and obviously it’ll probably be more crowded, but 5am arrival I think is still definitely realistic to get a group, you don’t have to be in group 11 or even 30 to ride, even though it feels like it here lol

joup7

They appear to be either calling the final boarding group or cutting it off at the 2 hours to go mark. That way they can honor the 2 hours to report rule without keeping the ride open a second past park close. Correct me if I’m wrong as far as other days but calling group 123 was around 7 pm today.

ToTBellHop

They appear to be either calling the final boarding group or cutting it off at the 2 hours to go mark. That way they can honor the 2 hours to report rule without keeping the ride open a second past park close. Correct me if I’m wrong as far as other days but calling group 123 was around 7 pm today.
They will call up to about an hour before close. They’ve just been calling all groups the last several days. It’s a slow but steady ramp up considering they would eventually want to honor over 200 BGs in a typical day.

relic827

I laughed at this, so thanks. The one point I'll add is that I love the "experience" of RotR but by the second or third time it gets pretty draining with all the pre-shows, staging, etc. At least SDD, Space Mountain, the Song of the South ride are all much easier to have repeated rides on. Sometimes you just want to get on a ride.
Maybe sit it out and make room for people who haven’t ridden it yet then?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom