News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

butterxcup

Having experienced the process now, I’m actually going to give Disney credit here. They’ve had some glitchy days, seemed to have appropriately compensated those who don’t get to go on, and the virtual queue is just so much safer of a process for everyone. No running back there, no guests stuck in line for hours (relatively, I know there have been back ups), and much easier for the CMs to manage.
During my third try a guest behind me was talking to what looked like a manager after we entered the park and asked him what his thoughts were on the VQ. He said something along the lines of, ‘It’s nice because everyone enters the park fairly calmly, gets their group on the phone, then leisurely walks to whatever other part of the park they want to. There’s no sense of panic! At least on the outside. They may be panicking for a group but once they have it, they’re calm and move on. It’s good not having to deal with the pushing or rushing to a certain part of the park.’
Obviously it’s only one opinion out of the many workers of Disney, but if many others share the same thoughts as him I wouldn’t be surprised if VQ becomes normal for newer rides for a while.

bubbles1812

You need to be in the AK line before 8:15 am (when they open up the turnstyles 45 minutes before the 9 am open )

You get there by 8:30-8:40 you are looking at a 2 hour wait already.
Like I said, you snooze you lose. I don’t really feel bad. Every Disney site out there gives you the advice to get here early, so unless you decided on your first time to do absolutely no research whatsoever...

And the wait honestly may say 2 hours by that time but I never take it too seriously that early in the morning. They inflate the time pretty quickly. We rode it twice in a row on Monday without a FP. Used EMH for one and the went around again. Claimed by then it was a 60 minute wait and we waited 30. *shrug*

Or they offer the upcharge paid option to go and do whatever you want to do. (That's the Disney way)
Well of course! It wouldn’t be Disney without an upcharge. *Says this having paid for a MVMCP and HEA Dessert Party this week* 🙄😁

Though if there were an upcharge event to ride ROR over and over, I would gladly pay it.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're in line now. They've brought snacks and water through, and Rey is going through the line now talking to people. Vi came through and did a little telephone game with people in line. We've been stopped for about 30 minutes or so.
They also take pictures if you interact with Rey, and you get the pictures for free, even if you don't have the Photopass.

bubbles1812

During my third try a guest behind me was talking to what looked like a manager after we entered the park and asked him what his thoughts were on the VQ. He said something along the lines of, ‘It’s nice because everyone enters the park fairly calmly, gets their group on the phone, then leisurely walks to whatever other part of the park they want to. There’s no sense of panic! At least on the outside. They may be panicking for a group but once they have it, they’re calm and move on. It’s good not having to deal with the pushing or rushing to a certain part of the park.’
Obviously it’s only one opinion out of the many workers of Disney, but if many others share the same thoughts as him I wouldn’t be surprised if VQ becomes normal for newer rides for a while.
I had that sense of PANIC! Was really nervous and then walked in, had a BG about 15 seconds later and then... walked to Slinky Dog calmly. 😂

KevinPage

1. Word of mouth about how good this ride is and it’s worth the wait

2. People now know how this virtual queue thing works

3. Holidays coming up

4. People now know park is opening sooner than advertised

All of this has caused not only a sustained level of crowds but I’d say MORE people than the first 2 days.

I noticed an uptick in people on Day 3 (Saturday) and just attributed it to weekend crowds. Looking back, I think it’s a combo of the above 🤩

bubbles1812

So if I'm understanding you correctly, don't be a lazy idiot and wake up early.
If you want to take it that way, take it that way but I’m truly not calling anyone an idiot or lazy. If you want to sleep in, that’s totally fine, but then you shouldn’t get upset if it’s a 2 hour wait. You chose sleep (again that’s fine) as a priority over a short wait for a popular ride.

Like I said, every site gives this advice. Everyone on this forum knows it. Being there at least an hour before opening was a lesson I learned at age 7. Disney 101 was a fun class to take.

EDIT: Obvs ROR does not apply to the hour rule, haha. To get the thread back on track

Piebald

I bet this weekend will be packed. Most APs will be blocked soon so this is the last weekend for most normies who work full time and cant go during the week. I planned on arriving at 6am tomorrow but now it's looking like 530 or even earlier is more ideal. 😶

DisneyJoe

Did anyone take Disney transportation this morning? I am wondering when the earliest bus was. I'll be coming from Coronado Springs.

I know that may be putting me out of luck for my trip next week (I am hoping to be to HS early Monday am), but I use an ECV, and it can be just as difficult getting the Minnie Van that can accomodate the ECV. Thanks.

disneygeek90

I bet this weekend will be packed. Most APs will be blocked soon so this is the last weekend for most normies who work full time and cant go during the week. I planned on arriving at 6am tomorrow but now it's looking like 530 or even earlier is more ideal. 😶
That’s what I’m leaning toward now as well.

ThistleMae

When are the blocked AP's? From what to what?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom