News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We are coming to DIsney Feb 8-12, and we are at AK on Sat the 8th, hoping to rope drop FoP, with 2 young kids, 9 and 6, hearing your input about FoP stinks, hopefully with EMH that morning we can get to ride the ride with under an hour wait.

You might consider bringing a stroller for the younger one or committing to carrying them to the back of the park. It's a haul, but it would be a much faster haul if you were not going at the speed of a six year old. Or tell them they're racing you, and make them run?

Daddyoh

Now all they have to do is KEEPING IT RUNNING ! early mornings, to many break downs, to many return passes are they really worth it ? You BETCHA !

butterxcup

I’m not saying Disney is right one way or another but for those saying the park shouldn’t open until normal park hours of 8 or 9am...
I lived in Japan for 3 years and frequently visited TDL. Parks would ALWAYS open on the dot of opening time. That being said, even if park open was 10am, guests would start lining up around 5am every. single. day. Main reasons being that trains around Tokyo would start at 5am and overnight busses would arrive in TDL around the same time. The TDL websites DO NOT acknowledge these factors. The most the website says from what I remember is ‘it is recommended to arrive about 60-90 min before opening’. You can follow those times to a T and yet some days you’ll still arrive to a PACKED entrance gate area. If you try to time it out to exact opening, you could arrive to an even more packed area and a park with guests inside who already started grabbing fastpasses and lining up at attractions (hotel guests are allowed into the parks 15min before everyone else daily). So even when the park opens at 8/9/10 or whatever, if a person tries to arrive right at opening there on certain days (weekends, holidays, or a new attraction opening) they could easily spend a good 30 min in line to simply get INTO the park and already be greeted with a 6+ hour line for something they may have wanted to do (there have also been cases of 10-12 hour lines and having to cap them off super early as well).
So I guess what I’m trying to say is, people will be people. Even if opening is 8 or 9 people will find ways to line up earlier then that time (even if parking lots are closed till a certain time) and those who try to come at opening will always be greeted to people who wanted to get there before opening for whatever reason they may have.
Again, I’m not trying to say Disney is right for what they are doing here or saying that what TDL is doing is better, just that even if HollyWood Studios DID open up at 8/9 on the dot I think you would still have disappointed guests no matter what.

peter11435

Build higher capacity rides? Don’t open them until their ready? As stated above, on a normal day the average DHS capacity who want to should all be able to rise Rise once if it runs at capacity.
While I don’t entirely disagree. There are few attractions that can accommodate all of the average attendance at the parks. Even people eaters like Pirates can’t accommodate every guest in the park on an average day.

VaderTron

The signs are also out in front of the tapstyles. Then again, just inside.
But you have reservations for lunch at Sci-Fi Cafe, a reservation at Oga's Cantina, and reservations for Hollywood Brown for dinner. You also got FP+ reservations 60 days prior for DHS. I guess you should just go to another park and dump all of your plans?

...wait...Disney charges $10 per person on restaurant reservations that are canceled same day. :banghead:

glendroid

This is my first trip since I was 7. Im now 35. I’m also a professional buyer, supply chain manager. Research and planning is just par for the course.
Same reason I was able to get to the leaf game for 5:30 and allow my son to fist pump Austin matthews and others when they come out of the shoot for warmups.

research will always set the select few apart from the general masses.

Auston*

EdnaMode

Currently they are not planning on operating during evening EMH, but it’s all open to change.

They're going to need to sort out how to turn away day guests to allow resort guests to ride if it will be open during evening EMH. If you're there on Sunday night, people, treat the cast with respect, whether you are permitted to ride or turned away.

Space_Cowboy

Didn't that plan also include opening RAT in time for SWGE? I seem to remember that being the main reason for choosing RAT over a BATB attraction. The simple solution to all of this would have been:
1) Leave Great Movie Ride open in all its outdated glory
2)Update the TSMM games on the same day as RotR
3)Have Rat open at the same time

MMRR would be further behind, but extra resources on RAT would have helped.

What is RAT?

socalkdg

Wait...this can't be right!? Everyone else is saying that the crowds are out of control and Disney is at the mercy of their riotous power! They MUST open their gates and they MUST let the stampeding herds through the turnstiles hours before planned opening for safety reasons! They don't have any other options! :hilarious:
For the last time. It doesn't matter if they open the gates early or wait until 8 AM. If the hoard is lined up at 6 am, showing up at 7:45 will not get you onto the ride, whether the gates are open or not. You are either behind 10000 people outside the gates, or behind 10000 people inside the park.

If I"m showing up at 7:45, personally I'd rather be able to go right in instead of waiting behind the hoard. Still have a number of good rides and shows that I can do. At least I don't have to wait 45-60 minutes getting in as I wait for the hoard to get through the turnstiles.

CMR2013

You might consider bringing a stroller for the younger one or committing to carrying them to the back of the park. It's a haul, but it would be a much faster haul if you were not going at the speed of a six year old. Or tell them they're racing you, and make them run?
She can run pretty fast, and no more strollers for us, so if she knows it's a race, it will be on!! Our 9yr old can flat out haul, so we will run. Thanks for the info!

txwdwluvr

HELP! Advice needed.

AP but NOT staying onsite. Wish to on ROTR this Sunday when there is EMH....

Question: Will the boarding groups be gone before I'm even allowed into the park? Can I enter early and seek a boarding group at the same time they are offered to everyone else? Any advice is appreciated. Wish to know if it's even worth the effort to get up on Sunday morning.....

disneygeek90

HELP! Advice needed.

AP but NOT staying onsite. Wish to on ROTR this Sunday when there is EMH....

Question: Will the boarding groups be gone before I'm even allowed into the park? Can I enter early and seek a boarding group at the same time they are offered to everyone else? Any advice is appreciated. Wish to know if it's even worth the effort to get up on Sunday morning.....
According to WDWMagic they are pulling morning EMH completely starting Sunday. Keep an eye on the app, but I would give it a shot with a ~6am arrival.

socalkdg

Operating hours at Disney's Hollywood Studios adjusted for December 2019 and January 2020 including a return of evening EMH
Thanks for the update. Was just able to get FP for SDD at 8:55 Jan 6 and RNR at 8 am on Jan 11. Guess I'll be getting there at 6:00 am. Glad I'm at the BW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom