News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disorbust

Thanks for responding!! They have friends coming in for the weekend from Cali and decided to suck it up and buy tickets and it so would completely suck if they didn't make it. I'm telling the to arrive by 5:30 am. If anyone has any other suggestions or strategy I would love to hear it.

disneygeek90

Thanks for responding!! They have friends coming in for the weekend from Cali and decided to suck it up and buy tickets and it so would completely suck if they didn't make it. I'm telling the to arrive by 5:30 am. If anyone has any other suggestions or strategy I would love to hear it.
The earlier the better for sure. 5:30 should be as safe as possible. Have them checking the app constantly once they’re inside.

Angry Warlock

So my kids are going on Sunday I say they should be at DHS by 6am or is that too extreme.
Possibly not extreme enough. I was there at 5.25 Monday and 10 people from the gate. Group 10. today I was there at 5.15 and 4 from the gate. Group 8. The beauty is that you might be there 30 mins earlier than necessary, but potentially save hours and hours as the delays kick in later in the day, along with the "Will I make it" anxiety.

tirian

Yawn. Galaxy’s Edge is a triumph. The majority of riders will rate ROTR better than FOP and only the most idiosyncratic will rate MFSR lower than NRJ. The Falcon alone makes the land probably better. But the food and drink options plus merch, Savi’s, droids makes it no contest. You can moan all you want about how you wanted an animatronic Luke whining about power converters. Turns out that a great ride is a great ride and a very very good ride is a very very good ride and the land will go down as Disney’s best addition of this build period.

And ROTR only makes the hotel seem like it probably will be a hit too. Won’t that burn people who just can’t stand that taking a creative risk with GE has paid off?

Especially when that ride looks and feels like the Star Wars universe that’s existed for decades and created millions of fans.

WDI did a fantastic job recreating the art direction from other people in the 70s and 80s. This doesn’t detract from the achievement; it simply gives credit where it’s due.

ROTR is an incredible ride that could’ve been built anywhere. It also would’ve fit into the old Disney-MGM Studios backlot format.

The surrounding land itself would be icing on the cake if Disney would fix its creative problems.

Two hours before whatever opening they announce the night before. If it opens at 6, be there at 4 a.m.

This is a concept I still don’t get, either—Where does a change to the posted opening time get communicated the night before? I’m planning on arriving on NYE by 6-6:15, scheduled opening is @ 9. Where would I check the night before to see what that opening time has changed to?

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
This is a concept I still don’t get, either—Where does a change to the posted opening time get communicated the night before? I’m planning on arriving on NYE by 6-6:15, scheduled opening is @ 9. Where would I check the night before to see what that opening time has changed to?

You just have to keep checking MDE. Also park opening is currently posted for 8am that day.

Tom Morrow

A friend of mine is in town and went to DHS today. They saw that the park opened at 8:00 and didn't know that Disney was actually opening it at 6:30, so they figured arriving at 7:30 would be plenty of time. Also I forgot to tell them. So they were pretty annoyed when it turned out they would be waiting 12 hours for their boarding pass time when they thought it would be much less. It's not fair to blame it on people for not showing up early enough when "early enough" is arbitrary. Disney is opening the front gate when enough of a crowd builds up. A crowd that wouldn't build up if they didn't let them do it in the first place.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
5:44am today

38CA1EF5-0BCF-4AA4-BE7A-80636136AC7A.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom