News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

PeoplemoverTTA

Depends on whether the DHS parking lot is open. You can always drop off at BoardWalk.

It seems like the lots have been opening around 4:30-5, does that sound accurate? I know it can and will change over the next few weeks, but even though I've kept up with every post in this thread (aside from the person I blocked, a rare honor I've only done one other time 🤣), I haven't seen a ton of answers on the lot opening time.

We'll be at DHS next Thursday, and I'm planning on using Uber or Lyft, and leaving CBR by 5:30 at the latest. 👍

ladyjayhawk

Two hours before whatever opening they announce the night before. If it opens at 6, be there at 4 a.m.

I brought a cheap thermos with hot water (for hot chocolate and coffee), snacks, and those thin, metal space blankets for staying warm.
It’s that cold in the morning? Trying to plan what to pack for later this month. Thanks!

raymusiccity

This.

People are lining up for the ride. Whether it is structured to get a VQ number, or, to physically fast-walk to the ride and get in the standby line, it's basically the same thing: they are lining up for the ride. And there are more people showing up than the ride can accommodate.

So, whether the line starts at the standby line, or at the tapstile, or at baggage check, or in the parking lot, or parked along the highways... it is still a line.

And unless you're in the front of the line, you don't get in. And your attempt to get in has now become a big waste of time.

So, what do you do? Well, tomorrow, you show up earlier. And if you didn't show up early enough, you show up even earlier the next day.

And several thousand people are doing the same thing to compete for the front-of-line (no matter where it starts). So you show up at 7 AM, then 6:30 AM, then 6 AM, then 5:30 AM... and so on.

All the while Disney is advertising an opening time. Which doesn't matter. Once several thousand people are being held either in the hub, or at the tapstile, or at baggage check, or in the parking lot, or parked along the highways (or circling in a giant traffic jam), well, Disney's going to let them in. Even if it's hours before posted opening.

So, there's no pain involved in showing up two hours before opening. There are enough people doing the same such they you'd only have a half hour wait before Ops freaks out about an uncontrolled mob and lets you in.

So, you show up three hours earlier. To beat everyone else. And everyone else is doing the same.

At least, the VQ is telling people that they're not getting on, so, they don't waste their time on a 10 line (unless the show up at 11 PM the night before and camp the park entrance). But the 10 hour line did have an advantage for Ops in that the pain of such a line turned people away. The very early morning race to be first loses any painful penalty if Disney opens up early for them.
Please stop confusing this thread by applying common sense!

rowrbazzle

Same for us. We got these things called mifolds that work for young kids (ours turn 7 two weeks after we go) and easily fit in a suitcase.

We just bought one of those, but haven't used it yet. Glad to hear you like it.

I was thinking about a Minnie Van as our youngest is two so he needs a real car seat. Are the Minnie Vans running that early? What's their max occupancy?

Last edited:
Ugh... we jumped in line as soon as it reopened, but after steadily moving for 15 minutes we’ve been stuck dead in line for the last 15 minutes. Not looking good...

Yep, here come the chips and bananas. Hopefully they compensate me when we likely miss our slinky dog fast passes.

Last edited:

Purduevian

Anyone know if the VIP tours let people into the line? Way to much money for me, but I'm curious if anyone has seen a plaid worker in line and if they are able to reride. I could see 10 people getting together and buying the 7 hour minimum for ~$3,000 ($300 each) to ride Rise, and all DHS attractions multiple times.

Enjoy expedited access to attractions via FastPass+ for everyone in your party.
via Disney's website

ukcatz12

Anyone know if the VIP tours let people into the line? Way to much money for me, but I'm curious if anyone has seen a plaid worker in line and if they are able to reride. I could see 10 people getting together and buying the 7 hour minimum for ~$3,000 ($300 each) to ride Rise, and all DHS attractions multiple times.

via Disney's website

Len Testa said on this week's podcast they called him and told him his VIP tour on 12/5 would not have access to RotR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom