News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

Ok so they let us in early

EE1F23E2-F278-4C16-863D-C08090F8CF8F.png

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Sunday Dec 8:
7:32: Loading 1-3; SR: 40 min
7:34: Loading 1-4; SR: 40 min
7:35: Loading 1-5; SR: 40 min
7:36: Loading 1-6; SR: 40 min
7:38: Loading 1-7: SR: 40 min
7:39: Loading 1-8; SR: 40 min
7:41: Loading 1-9; SR: 40 min

(So much for RotR not opening during the EMH, big perk for hotel guests, wonder how this will impact how soon all the boarding passes are distributed)

Last edited:

djlaosc

So based on the speed that I got in , and how late my boarding pass is, resort guests were able to book before us, which after 3 days of a free for all, is a nice and welcomed “perk” for them.

Do we know if there was a push notification or an in-park message to state that it was opening in advance? If you were at your hotel and read...

Boarding Groups opening at 8am tomorrow

...last night, and were stuck in Tower or Terror/Aerosmith for preshow and then ride, fully expecting that you would have another half an hour before you needed to be glued to your phone, then you're not going to be happy - what would be the point in going to Extra Magic Hours when the only way to maximise your ability to get a boarding group as soon as they opened would be to sit on a bench for the two hours in case they opened early given the fact that by the time you would get off the ride, you may end up with a late boarding group if any which may still not be able to ride?

butterxcup

My ‘no science to back this up but fun fake theory’ is, since for the first there are now groups 1-9, I’d like to think they were actually planning on opening groups at the announced time but someone fudged up and instead of pushing the button for testing the system (maybe they would do inside testing of the system using groups 1-9 everyday before today) they pushed the button to open groups to the public and have now caused this fun experience for guests in the park this morning.
But again, no science behind this AT ALL and just having a fun time at home wondering how/why they messed up the supposedly set opening time of boarding groups.

KevinPage

Here’s what I think happened.

Resort guests got in at 6am.
Non resort guests got in at 7:20am
System went live as soon as we got in, took 5 minutes for me as a non resort guest to get into entrance.
I got group 65, which is super late for how quickly I got in.

My guess is MDE knows who’s a hotel guest and who’s not and allots the EARLIER groups to hotel guests.

Plus people IN the park might have had a 5-15 minute head start before non hotel guests went in.

Either way, hotel guests who came early and didn’t just mindlessly listen to “it goes live at 8am” got a big and deserved benefit.

drizgirl

I am baffled at Disney's logic in the intentional misinformation going on with this attraction. I can understand internal miscommunication on opening day and maybe even day 2. But it is pretty obvious that this isn't internal miscommunication. It is obviously an intentional plan of misinformation. I don't get it.
They misinform in hopes of spreading out crowds.

KevinPage

Yet even with what people consider “misinformation”, there’s plenty of people here who know how to read between the lines and get here early enough in case something is activated early.

Resort and non resort guests. To simply think that you could show up at 7:55 and have the same potential benefit as anyone who’s been here for two or three hours is silly.

If you show up late you’re going to be behind all of those other people anyway who’ve been waiting, so you’re not getting anything anyway.

Disneyhead'71

Yet even with what people consider “misinformation”, there’s plenty of people here who know how to read between the lines and get here early enough in case something is activated early.

Resort and non resort guests. To simply think that you could show up at 7:55 and have the same potential benefit as anyone who’s been here for two or three hours is silly.

If you show up late you’re going to be behind all of those other people anyway who’ve been waiting, so you’re not getting anything anyway.
You keep saying this. You obviously don't get it. Not one person has said anything about strolling in late and expecting anything. But you keep on keeping on.

There is no logical business sense in lying to your guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom