News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
How were you able to ride twice?

We got to the park at 4:30 this morning and got into Boarding Group 18. Rode it first time at 8:00 after the downtime and after exiting joined a new Boarding Group 124, which was already estimated for ‘evening’. We went home and worked the rest of the day, then drove back in the evening to try for 124, which ended up working out perfectly. Even saw the X-wing drones in the sky, which were pretty cool.

disneygeek90

To rain on this happy parade, is it really good news that you had to be in the park and smart enough to figure out the boarding group process before 8:30 am in order to get to ride? That's only a half hour if you showed up when the park was supposed to open. I would think there would be a lot of late arrivers who were unhappy to be blocked out.
You can’t expect every day to be that drastic. I think some are forgetting this was opening day. The fact that someone could walk in a half hour after open and still be able to experience one of the most highly anticipated attractions without actually having to wait in a line of any substance? Seems like a good option to me.

Last edited:

TP2000

To rain on this happy parade, is it really good news that you had to be in the park and smart enough to figure out the boarding group process before 8:30 am in order to get to ride? That's only a half hour if you showed up when the park was supposed to open. I would think there would be a lot of late arrivers who were unhappy to be blocked out.

That's a valid point. This virtual queue thing seems aimed at highly invested AP's who know how the place works.

The average tourist family from Ohio or Oslo or Ottowa probably was confused on what they were supposed to do to get on the ride aside from simply entering the theme park that ride is located in.

But I'm thinking this virtual queue thing has another day or three before it gets retired. They can't keep up this level of focus and today's admirable yet temporary TDO Battallion of Business Casual camped out in front of the ride past this weekend. By Monday they are going to need to hand this off to the $12 an hour CM's and their $22 an hour managers.

And those sad little potted plants from Home Depot holding down the Executive Shade Umbrella aren't going to last past this weekend either. :cool:

1b0dd42c-5fbf-40a4-8ba7-9764354f2d2c-jpeg.430633

Last edited:

Lirael

That's a valid point. This virtual queue thing seems aimed at highly invested AP's who know how the place works.

The average tourist family from Ohio or Oslo or Ottowa probably was confused on what they were supposed to do to get on the ride aside from simply entering the theme park that ride is located in.

But I'm thinking this virtual queue thing has another day or three before it gets retired. They can't keep up this level of focus and today's admirable yet temporary TDO Battallion of Business Casual camped out in front of the ride past this weekend. By Monday they are going to need to hand this off to the $12 an hour CM's and their $22 an hour managers.

And those sad little potted plants from Home Depot holding down the Executive Shade Umbrella aren't going to last past this weekend either. :cool:

I agree most people won't know how to operate the virtual queue (especially international guests - many don't even see the point of downloading the app). But then again, unless you are a hardcore fan you aren't going to try and lineup at opening day anyway, and surely any hardcore fan planning to camp out a whole day for a new ride is going to try and do some homework on how it's going down and be told about virtual queues.

That and, like you said, this isn't forever; I doubt this will still be in use in january.

Lirael

I wonder if Universal will copy Disney and start using virtual queues at attraction opening to avoid another Hagrid

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom