News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There are no M&Gs for popular characters at the WWoHP, but Dumbledore, Harry, Ron, Harmione, Hagrid, Draco, Godrick Griffendor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff, Salizar Slitherin, and the Sorting Hat, a Hungarian Horntail Dragon, and the Wimping Willow are in Forbidden Journey. Along with iconic locations like Hogsmeade, The 3 Broomsticks, Honeydukes, Zonko's, Hog's Head Pub, Dervish & Banges, Hagrid's Hut, and of course Hogwarts. Throw in Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice and you have a heap of nostalgic fan service.
Isn’t that the point of a theme park? It was never about “surprising people”

Someday...I hope we hear more insight from execs and designers why they never really built an immersive land on the movies...either in the 80’s, 90’s or under full ownership today.

But they did a good artistic job on TFA/Solo land...just need more emotional guts to it.

Maybe someday

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We're going in mid-January. We've planned to split one day at EPCOT then hit DHS (it's EMH for EPCOT that day, and in-laws are very eager to ride Soarin'). If we already have FPs for EPCOT, and have park-hoppers, can I scoot over to DHS first thing, get in a later boarding group, then get over to EPCOT to do the rides and go back to DHS later on?
Honestly...that’s not gonna go well. That’s way to much to expect to get out of a short operational day, overextended capacity park system

Mouse Trap

The popular movies...not the reboot land

Anyway...gonna need a full spoiler laced discussion on the ride. From the perspective of re-reridability.

Very intrigued so far

Re-reridability? Tons. I don’t wait in lines longer than an hour, I don’t go to opening day attractions.

I did for this and I’ll be at Disneyland for opening day there as well. This is something I’d wait 2 hours for and not care.

Lirael

We're going in mid-January. We've planned to split one day at EPCOT then hit DHS (it's EMH for EPCOT that day, and in-laws are very eager to ride Soarin'). If we already have FPs for EPCOT, and have park-hoppers, can I scoot over to DHS first thing, get in a later boarding group, then get over to EPCOT to do the rides and go back to DHS later on?
Beware that the virtual boarding might not be going on mid-january. There's no certainty about how long they'll use it for right now.

Personally I'd go DHS first thing; people seeking to ride this will be larger than the number of people after Soarin still. Not to mention, it has been showing operational issues. If those continue in january, I would try to ride it first thing in the morning (less chance of breaking down yet, and more time to come back if it does) and then focus on EPCOT

Darth Snips

Anyone got boarding groups higher than a 100?
I'm currently in Group 154. I personally have my doubts that my group will actually make it on the ride before the park closes. But it's all good; I've already done it once.

By the way, this ride is EVERYTHING they've said it is. I was left speechless.
1575564120145.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Basing your statement on experiencing only half of the GE attractions (if that) is objectively wrong.
Not “wrong” off the top...more “premature” or “incomplete”

The land will be enhanced by this new ride...but it doesn’t address the design choices or administrative angle they took.

I hope the ride is worth it...genuinely...even if the movie its based off of is aging with the qualities of a tomato

RobWDW1971

Basing your statement on experiencing only half of the GE attractions (if that) is objectively wrong.

I’m not talking about ROTR, which looks amazing, I’m answering your question. There are three parts to SWGE - Batuu which has received tepid to poor reviews. MFSR which has also been a disappointment, and now ROTR which will be a huge hit. The latter doesn’t change the issues with the first two.

Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley as environments were a huge success on their own as attractions. In fact, I enjoy Diagon Alley more than Gringott’s.

disneygeek90

Absolutely...

It’s not a movie...it’s a ride. A theatrical dark ride at that.

Rides are successful when they poke your physical or emotional senses...”knowing” shouldn’t change that at all.
For me the absolute best part of a new attraction is not knowing what to expect.

I have been on so many of these attractions time and time again, it's a truly special experience to not know what's going to happen on an attraction for once.

pax_65

why did no one get their titties in a twist when Diagon Alley opened with one ride, or when Hogsmeade opened with one (new) ride, or when pandora opened with two rides?? Oh but GE has two rides and its labeled as trash smh

When I think of a land I think "Fantasyland" or "Tomorrowland" - awesome theme and lots of attractions. IMHO just two attractions isn't "a land" regardless of who built it or how good the theme is.

That said, I still enjoy all of them and I'm super excited to see this new Star Wars "area" of Hollywood Studios ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not talking about ROTR, which looks amazing, I’m answering your question. There are three parts to SWGE - Batuu which has received tepid to poor reviews. MFSR which has also been a disappointment, and now ROTR which will be a huge hit. The latter doesn’t change the issues with the first two.

Hogsmeade as an environment was a huge success on its own as an attraction.
You’re a “hater”, Rob...which means you’ll be dismissed out of hand by those looking to accept this for their Disney mental psyche at all costs.

I do think you may be over the top...but you’re a Star Wars fan - a true one that defends the foundation of the fandom - and you’re still probably right about this.

It’s always about “tone”...which ignores the lack of substance far too often.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For me the absolute best part of a new attraction is not knowing what to expect.

I have been on so many of these attractions time and time again, it's a truly special experience to not know what's going to happen on an attraction for once.
If this is anything like “so many other rides”...then the reridability will fall short.

That’s my fear with any over-budgeted new ride they open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom