News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

So go ahead prior to 7:00 and hit the initial home page "join" button and wait to hit the button on the "join virtual queue" page right at 7:00?
This is what I do. I pull this screen up at about 6:59:30.

View attachment 549361
I usually open the app a couple mins before to make sure I'm logged in. I don’t press join virtual queue until I see my clock on my phone strike 7, and then I press it immediately. From there, the join group button is already available. Select it, let the friends and family load, and then tap the join group as fast as possible. While the family and friends are spinning I usually start tapping the bottom as I know where the button will be.

007mickey

I usually open the app a couple mins before to make sure I'm logged in. I don’t press join virtual queue until I see my clock on my phone strike 7, and then I press it immediately. From there, the join group button is already available. Select it, let the friends and family load, and then tap the join group as fast as possible. While the family and friends are spinning I usually start tapping the bottom as I know where the button will be.
So there are 2 "join group" buttons to select during these steps after the "join virtual queue" button from the "my queues" page?

I gotta start practicing tomorrow to see these pages/steps first hand. Thanks to all for the great info (with updates) in this thread.

disneygeek90

So there are 2 "join group" buttons to select during these steps after the "join virtual queue" button from the "my queues" page?

I gotta start practicing tomorrow to see these pages/steps first hand. Thanks to all for the great info (with updates) in this thread.
Once you click the button in the screenshot, it will open up the ROTR page, and the “join” button will appear. After that it will check for family and friends, and then one more click to confirm the group.

It’s the exact same process at 7 and 1, so either one you choose to practice on doesn’t matter. Though the 7am does close a little quicker.

BMP

What am I doing wrong on my attempts to get a BG? I am 0 for 5 in attempts -

(1) log into MDX at 6:59;
(2) I go to "Virtual Queues";
(3) I wait for 7AM to hit the "join VQ" button" - this is where something goes wrong.

When I read he "how to" threads, it says my party should be pre-selected (?), but this is not true, I have to select each person in party and by the time I get the next Join button it is way to late?

What am I doing wrong?

DCBaker

Premium Member
What am I doing wrong on my attempts to get a BG? I am 0 for 5 in attempts -

(1) log into MDX at 6:59;
(2) I go to "Virtual Queues";
(3) I wait for 7AM to hit the "join VQ" button" - this is where something goes wrong.

When I read he "how to" threads, it says my party should be pre-selected (?), but this is not true, I have to select each person in party and by the time I get the next Join button it is way to late?

What am I doing wrong?

Are you practicing or do you have a park reservation?

If you are just practicing, your party will not be automatically selected because no one has a park reservation.

BMP

Are you practicing or do you have a park reservation?

If you are just practicing, your party will not be automatically selected because no one has a park reservation.
Practicing.... so should I practice without adding the party?

Also, the MDX now shows everyone connected to me and only 4 will actually be going this summer.

when at WDW, will the app pick up only those who have a reservation for HS that day?

DCBaker

Premium Member

Also, the MDX now shows everyone connected to me and only 4 will actually be going this summer.

when at WDW, will the app pick up only those who have a reservation for HS that day?

MDE will only pre-select people in your party if they have a park reservation.

disneygeek90

Yes, practice without selecting the party. Only you will be selected, but that's fine. If you get a "whoops! Not in the park!" notification then you are doing the steps correctly. If you had a reservation your entire party that has a reservation would be selected and there's no difference in steps. It will not add those without a ticket that are on your friends list.

afr117

I live my life in worst case scenarios, so what happens if you are able to get your full party a BG, but someone gets sick and doesn't get to go to the park that day? Will the ones who do go to the park still be able to use the reservation, or will it cancel since everyone did not scan into the park that day?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I live my life in worst case scenarios, so what happens if you are able to get your full party a BG, but someone gets sick and doesn't get to go to the park that day? Will the ones who do go to the park still be able to use the reservation, or will it cancel since everyone did not scan into the park that day?
Yes everyone in your party can use the BG if one member cannot make it to the park.

If you aren’t successful at 7 am but are at 1 pm, only those tapped into the park will receive the BG.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom