• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

FRD714

Thank you I was refreshing constantly instead of allowing the join queue button to go live
Exactly what the others have said is what I do. I close the app a minute before and open it back up and I get back to the join virtual queue page while staring at time.gov. Do not hit that button until it hits 7am exactly. The only reason I have missed it 3 times is due to abnormally long friends and family list load times.

HauntedPirate

Sheltered-at-home Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Huh, I guess I was mistaken on their purpose then. So it really is all about demand/capacity issues. Was this developed in response to the FOP lines?

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but TPTB at Disney thought Hagrid-like wait times were “a failure”, and didn’t want that kind of publicity for RotR.

RSoxNo1

Just over 1700 an hour.

Apparently.
To be clear, this is the theoretical capacity, right? There are some attractions that approach, if not exceed their theoretical capacity, and others that never come close.

In short, I don't think it's an overly useful number.
Was there every a plan to increase capacity? I.e. 2 “tracks” Or are they going to have that as a big announcement similar to Soarin and Midway Mania?
Current Disney management has a tendency to underbuild things, including projects that were approved around the time the capacity expansions took place on Soarin and Midway Mania. It's mind boggling.

Thinking logically, an additional track for Rise of the Resistance doesn't seem feasible. If this is an avenue Disney wants to explore, I would think the only option is modifying the ride vehicles themselves. Even then, there isn't really wasted space on the ride vehicles so I don't know how realistic it would be to add a third row to the vehicles. I imagine that the elevator portions would have to be modified as well, making all of this moot.

disneygeek90

Premium Member
I have a reservation for tomorrow, but I also go for my 2nd vaccine shot at 11am. I'm not really wanting to be there all afternoon so I'm going to pause for a few seconds at 7 and try to get a noon-ish group.

...That sentence would have made zero sense two years ago.

Kamikaze

Any idea what the demand is like at Disneyland?

I’d assume it being in a park with a lot more to see and do, it should manage crounds better than BG being gone in seconds.
Disneyland has been closed since March 2020. When they do reopen on April 30, capacity will be lower than WDW. That might mean its easier to get on Rise because of that lower capacity. (Edit: However, most tickets are already sold for the next couple months and you have to be a CA resident to attend the park currently)

However, before the closure (remember that DL's Rise only opened Jan 2020, so it only operated for just under 3 months), their BGs were gone instantly every day, even faster than WDW's were going at the time.

Edit 2: Corrected the opening of Rise West. Who the heck knows time anymore.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Premium Member
I have a reservation for tomorrow, but I also go for my 2nd vaccine shot at 11am. I'm not really wanting to be there all afternoon so I'm going to pause for a few seconds at 7 and try to get a noon-ish group.

...That sentence would have made zero sense two years ago.
I think I pretty much nailed that 😅
4DF6396E-4077-491B-8C24-1BC7EFA09649.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom