News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Every time I try a practice run my app gives an error message (dreaded oops something went wrong with your request) when trying to refresh or forces me to log in via face recognition. I have no faith that I will ever secure a boarding group when we visit later this year. Dropping big $ and not even having a chance to secure a BG is making me second guess our trip. 8 seconds and no margin for error when dropping thousands of dollars is a major turn off.
Cancel. Come back if and when it’s slightly less popular.

Sad thing is enough people will take your place. They made a huge grafow with the capacity for possibly the worlds most popular IP.

puckett26

Sad thing is enough people will take your place. They made a huge grafow with the capacity for possibly the worlds most popular IP.
They've made several questionable decisions unfortunately with that IP and the parks recently and going forward...

Unfortunately, it seems that many of the folks involved in entertainment (movies, games, parks etc.) these days don't seem to be die hard fans of the source material. Otherwise, the blueprint for success is out there and relatively easy to follow. They just keep mucking it up due to a lack of creativity, attention to detail, pushing personal agendas and constantly evolving and changing societal norms (this dates back to decisions to remove attractions such as Alien Encounter and possibly earlier). These are amplified as well when budgets are constrained bc of short term thinking (which doesn't really fit the mission statement of a theme park).

"We create happiness by providing the best in entertainment for people of all ages everywhere."

Revision 4/16/2021 "We create an equilibrium of happiness everywhere by thoroughly analyzing, calculating and providing break-even entertainment for most people of all ages everywhere to maintain demand, justify annual price increases and return value to stakeholders who view Disney Parks as a cash cow."

FRD714

Every time I try a practice run my app gives an error message (dreaded oops something went wrong with your request) when trying to refresh or forces me to log in via face recognition. I have no faith that I will ever secure a boarding group when we visit later this year. Dropping big $ and not even having a chance to secure a BG is making me second guess our trip. 8 seconds and no margin for error when dropping thousands of dollars is a major turn off.
I have made about 22 practice runs and only failed to secure a BG 3 times. I have never received that error except for when I back out and try again while the the window is still open it will give me that red error message. Is it possible your connection isn’t great? Maybe talk to technical support if possible.

puckett26

I have made about 22 practice runs and only failed to secure a BG 3 times. I have never received that error except for when I back out and try again while the the window is still open it will give me that red error message. Is it possible your connection isn’t great? Maybe talk to technical support if possible.
So when I select join queue, I do not have to refresh the next screen? I thought I had to constantly refresh that screen. Is the process to refresh the app, hit join 5 seconds before 7 AM and wait for the next screen to activate and allow me to select join a queue? Or do I have to refresh that page as well? I get the error message when refreshing the actual queue page (after initially selecting join).

I appreciate the help.

disneygeek90

So when I select join queue, I do not have to refresh the next screen? I thought I had to constantly refresh that screen. Is the process to refresh the app, hit join 5 seconds before 7 AM and wait for the next screen to activate and allow me to select join a queue? Or do I have to refresh that page as well? I get the error message when refreshing the actual queue page (after initially selecting join).

I appreciate the help.
This is what I do. I pull this screen up at about 6:59:30.

5EF4ADC2-2B2A-4CA1-BC3E-B85D2AD359D1.png

I usually open the app a couple mins before to make sure I'm logged in. I don’t press join virtual queue until I see my clock on my phone strike 7, and then I press it immediately. From there, the join group button is already available. Select it, let the friends and family load, and then tap the join group as fast as possible. While the family and friends are spinning I usually start tapping the bottom where the button will be.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member

I usually open the app a couple mins before to make sure it doesn’t have me login etc. I don’t press join group until I see my clock on my phone strike 7, and then I press it immediately. From there, the join group button is already available. Select it, let the friends and family load, and then tap the join group as fast as possible. While the family and friends are spinning I usually start tapping the bottom as I know where the button will be.

I've had the best success with the same method. If you have another screen available (phone, computer or watch), go to time.gov and use the time there to hit 7am right on the dot and click Join Virtual Queue.

PizzaPlanet

I wonder what the capacity is compared to other popular attractions? If it's really that bad you've gotta wonder how they could overlook something so important.

puckett26

View attachment 549361
I usually open the app a couple mins before to make sure it doesn’t have me login etc. I don’t press join virtual queue until I see my clock on my phone strike 7, and then I press it immediately. From there, the join group button is already available. Select it, let the friends and family load, and then tap the join group as fast as possible. While the family and friends are spinning I usually start tapping the bottom as I know where the button will be.
Thank you I was refreshing constantly instead of allowing the join queue button to go live

rle4lunch

View attachment 549361
I usually open the app a couple mins before to make sure it doesn’t have me login etc. I don’t press join virtual queue until I see my clock on my phone strike 7, and then I press it immediately. From there, the join group button is already available. Select it, let the friends and family load, and then tap the join group as fast as possible. While the family and friends are spinning I usually start tapping the bottom as I know where the button will be.

why don't you login? Curious.

FRD714

Thank you I was refreshing constantly instead of allowing the join queue button to go live
Exactly what the others have said is what I do. I close the app a minute before and open it back up and I get back to the join virtual queue page while staring at time.gov. Do not hit that button until it hits 7am exactly. The only reason I have missed it 3 times is due to abnormally long friends and family list load times.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Huh, I guess I was mistaken on their purpose then. So it really is all about demand/capacity issues. Was this developed in response to the FOP lines?

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but TPTB at Disney thought Hagrid-like wait times were “a failure”, and didn’t want that kind of publicity for RotR.

RSoxNo1

Just over 1700 an hour.

Apparently.
To be clear, this is the theoretical capacity, right? There are some attractions that approach, if not exceed their theoretical capacity, and others that never come close.

In short, I don't think it's an overly useful number.
Was there every a plan to increase capacity? I.e. 2 “tracks” Or are they going to have that as a big announcement similar to Soarin and Midway Mania?
Current Disney management has a tendency to underbuild things, including projects that were approved around the time the capacity expansions took place on Soarin and Midway Mania. It's mind boggling.

Thinking logically, an additional track for Rise of the Resistance doesn't seem feasible. If this is an avenue Disney wants to explore, I would think the only option is modifying the ride vehicles themselves. Even then, there isn't really wasted space on the ride vehicles so I don't know how realistic it would be to add a third row to the vehicles. I imagine that the elevator portions would have to be modified as well, making all of this moot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom