News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

Any word on the actual efficiency of this ride? Non-covid restrictions is this running at peak capacity? My understanding per @marin1971 was that only really had one day pre-COVID where it hit all its numbers.

gerarar

Premium Member
Any word on the actual efficiency of this ride? Non-covid restrictions is this running at peak capacity? My understanding per @marin1971 was that only really had one day pre-COVID where it hit all its numbers.
I have a bot that keeps track of Rise's reliability and it hasn't recorded a single downtime (>= 15mins usually) since March 10th. So it's almost been a full week of splendid reliability!

Of course if there was no restrictions on capacity, I'm sure we'll be into BG 200 these days. The current ceiling of BG is comparable to December 2019, but that was with extended hours and lots of downtime. Therefore, my estimated guess is that it's currently running at the highest capacity currently allowed/able to with the current park hours 'til 8pm.

Keep in mind, parties of 1 or 2 hurt the PPH as they reserve a whole row for themselves. Dispatches are about 2 RVs every 30-33 seconds from estimates on various POVs (my own estimations/observations).

Edit: These are just assumptions that BG-size hasn't changed drastically over the course of its operations the past year..

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

I have a bot that keeps track of Rise's reliability and it hasn't recorded a single downtime (>= 15mins usually) since March 10th. So it's almost been a full week of splendid reliability!

Of course if there was no restrictions on capacity, I'm sure we'll be into BG 200 these days. The current ceiling of BG is comparable to December 2019, but that was with extended hours and lots of downtime. Therefore, my estimated guess is that it's currently running at the highest capacity currently allowed/able to with the current park hours 'til 8pm.

Keep in mind, parties of 1 or 2 hurt the PPH as they reserve a whole row for themselves. Dispatches are about 2 RVs every 30-33 seconds from estimates on various POVs (my own estimations/observations).

Edit: These are just assumptions that BG-size hasn't changed drastically over the course of its operations the past year..
I just saw your Edit, do we know for sure if the BG-size has changed? Paging @lentesta @marni1971

lentesta

Premium Member

I’d like to compare notes. We have more than 30 mins of downtime on ... Monday? We could be wrong.

lentesta

Premium Member
It wasn’t close to hourly capacity when we counted last month.

gerarar

Premium Member
I’d like to compare notes. We have more than 30 mins of downtime on ... Monday? We could be wrong.
Ah yes, I see it now, from ~9:32am - 9:58am.
I mistakenly grouped it with the the (usual) delay from the initial BG callings at around 8:40am then at 9:00am.

1615949914600.png

lentesta

Premium Member
Ah yes, I see it now, from ~9:32am - 9:58am.
I mistakenly grouped it with the the (usual) delay from the initial BG callings at around 8:40am then at 9:00am.

View attachment 540090

It looks like there was ... something ... around group 25 on Saturday? One group was called in a span of 30-ish minutes?

But yeah, overall, it's been running okay starting on the 11th. I haven't checked yesterday.

2021-03-13-ROTR.png

lentesta

Premium Member
It wasn’t close to hourly capacity when we counted last month.

The highest number of guests we've ever counted coming out of ROTR in an hour is 1,566 around 9 a.m., on 9 March 2020 (so, a year ago).

On 18 Feb 2021, we counted 946/hour around 3 p.m. I think they were calling around 18 BG/hour, so ballpark-y, around 53 people per boarding group then?

I'll have the team get a count when they're at DHS. Should be in the next couple of days.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The highest number of guests we've ever counted coming out of ROTR in an hour is 1,566 around 9 a.m., on 9 March 2020 (so, a year ago).

On 18 Feb 2021, we counted 946/hour around 3 p.m. I think they were calling around 18 BG/hour, so ballpark-y, around 53 people per boarding group then?

I'll have the team get a count when they're at DHS. Should be in the next couple of days.
Unless I’ve missed a date I’ve got January 4th 2020 as being the most successful day to date, I dare say a combination of lack of down time and long park hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom