News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

BlackCauldron

That's correct

Correct - it will auto select everyone on your MDE family/friends group who is in the park - assuming that the app is working correctly. During the glitch last week, it was randomly saying that people were not in the park (when they were), and then it was not auto selecting either.

disneygeek90

Premium Member
Spent the weekend at my parents house in south Florida for the weekend. Drove back to Orlando today, went straight to HS and got here about 1:30. Just pulled this 🤩
948E3808-7D08-4DA8-8E06-7FEE7717C3F7.jpeg

PolynesianPrincess

We arrive on Friday so I practiced at 10 and 2 today. When I go to add the members of my group, I have to select my other 2 persons seperately because I have others in my friends and family group. I've tried deleting them off in the app and in the website and it won't let me remove them. It says they have active plans and they definitely don't, we haven't traveled with them since 2013. Does anyone know any other way to delete people from friends and family?

DCBaker

Premium Member
We arrive on Friday so I practiced at 10 and 2 today. When I go to add the members of my group, I have to select my other 2 persons seperately because I have others in my friends and family group. I've tried deleting them off in the app and in the website and it won't let me remove them. It says they have active plans and they definitely don't, we haven't traveled with them since 2013. Does anyone know any other way to delete people from friends and family?

You don't need to select people anymore - the app will auto select anyone on your friends/family list that has tapped into the park.

PolynesianPrincess

What time are HS gates currently “unofficially” opening? If parking lot is blocked until 9:15a (true?) is walking in from Boardwalk etc the best option for being at the front?

This is what I'm wondering as well. We're taking the bus (or an Uber if the bus line looks too long) and want to make sure we are IN the park before 10am

revancho

Got in the park at 9:40. So many people here! Thought I would head towards Galaxy’s Edge because it would be less crowded and that’s where I successfully pulled group 6 in July. But it was packed all over, and I got nothing today.

Are we sure they haven’t increased capacity for reservations? It’s Wednesday at 10:45 and this place feels way busier than late July. And when I looked this morning, there were still reservations available for all categories. I cannot fathom how GSATs could be high.

KevinPage

Got in the park at 9:40. So many people here! Thought I would head towards Galaxy’s Edge because it would be less crowded and that’s where I successfully pulled group 6 in July. But it was packed all over, and I got nothing today.

Are we sure they haven’t increased capacity for reservations? It’s Wednesday at 10:45 and this place feels way busier than late July. And when I looked this morning, there were still reservations available for all categories. I cannot fathom how GSATs could be high.

Disney has made no announcements but I’ve gone to a park almost every weekend since mid July and gone are the 0-15 minute waits in almost all attractions.

DHS rarely gets below 30 minutes (posted) for anything these days on weekends. Generally DHS is 30-90 minutes posted wait times all around.

Heck, Muppets had a 30 minute posted time on Saturday.

If I had to venture a guess Disney increased the caps AND people are generally more comfortable going out as time goes on, so you have 2 things suddenly causing crowds that didn’t exist a month ago.

HauntedPirate

Sheltered-at-home Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My wife and her friend got a BG this morning. But she also said crowds are insane. An hour wait for the Skyliner at CBR this morning.

I’m not sure if caps were raised, but where are the people coming from to fill them? You would think it would have to be locals but I honestly don’t know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom