News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Jimdalva

RotR was 3 min @10 and 16 min @ 2. I hope this is a trend, and I don't have to stress about this in mid Sept. I haven't been to the 'World' in years, and Star Wars and Pandora are the reason to return.

KevinPage

RotR was 3 min @10 and 16 min @ 2. I hope this is a trend, and I don't have to stress about this in mid Sept. I haven't been to the 'World' in years, and Star Wars and Pandora are the reason to return.

Yeah that is bizarre it lasted that long AND there was a huge delay at 2pm? @DCBaker can you clarify what went on?

I mean, it’s true I’m the good luck charm & anti- @disneygeek90 but I still want to know what happened? Would be nice to know I injected a dose of positivity into the system with my mere presence in the parks 😂 😂 😂

disneygeek90

Yeah that is bizarre it lasted that long AND there was a huge delay at 2pm? @DCBaker can you clarify what went on?

I mean, it’s true I’m the good luck charm & anti- @disneygeek90 but I still want to know what happened? Would be nice to know I injected a dose of positivity into the system with my mere presence in the parks 😂 😂 😂
I’m there tomorrow so no worries, I’m sure it’ll be back to the 15 second window 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

I did get on FoP 6 times today though so I didn’t have a bad day myself.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Groups today indeed topped what has been called so far since reopening, ending the day at 94.

Will be interesting to see if window opening times will be repeated tomorrow or if they go back to seconds.

Jimdalva

They must have increased capacity somehow.

Just a though; They could save time by squirting hand sanitizer into EVERY persons hand on the way in. (like on a cruise ship) Thereby reducing down time for constant cleaning.

disneygeek90

They must have increased capacity somehow.

Just a though; They could save time by squirting hand sanitizer into EVERY persons hand on the way in. (like on a cruise ship) Thereby reducing down time for constant cleaning.
The ride is extremely temperamental, but it does have its good days once in a while.

Universal is doing the sanitizer in hands as well. I honestly don't have too much of a preference either way. The cleaning is a little annoying but it doesn't take overly long and it's less frustrating to a ride shut down since I know when it'll start moving again. There seems to be many more sanitizer stations available/noticeable at Disney than Universal, and most guests are using before and after attractions all on their own.

KevinPage

Groups today indeed topped what has been called so far since reopening, ending the day at 94.

Will be interesting to see if window opening times will be repeated tomorrow or if they go back to seconds.

Um, yeah, you’re welcome

51E11718-29DE-4977-89AA-43EF15617BE4.gif

disneygeek90

It was 140 days ago that I last rode ROTR. I missed this ride so freaking much. I had chills through most of it and had to choke back some tears. Overall a great run.
We we’re stuck in the cell a solid 3-4 minutes. It’s been a while, but all effect were working as far as I could tell except maybe the probe scanner. Does that piece usually move? My R5 was operating as normal and AT-AT room as well.

Edit:
Before going into the cell our officer told us our colors and specifically said it would be used for your vehicles. I’ve never heard any of them say that before, usually they say it’s for “interrogation purposes.” I’m guessing they’re trying to limit the confusion some have when the doors open to the vehicles.

Last edited:

TriSeb

I just received an email from Disney about the ride for my upcoming trip this week. It provides the basics already covered here on page 1 but omits the need for being prompt and the shortness of the window to grab a BG. It does include that getting a BG is not a guarantee to ride so that's good. At least they are giving arriving guest a heads up to try an lessen the burden on Guest Experience Team.

1595794930777.png

revancho

I’ve seen some conflicting advice. What’s the current best bet to get a boarding group... using Wifi or LTE? And any other special tips for the current version of the app?

joup7

It was 140 days ago that I last rode ROTR. I missed this ride so freaking much. I had chills through most of it and had to choke back some tears. Overall a great run.
We we’re stuck in the cell a solid 3-4 minutes. It’s been a while, but all effect were working as far as I could tell except maybe the probe scanner. Does that piece usually move? My R5 was operating as normal and AT-AT room as well.

Edit:
Before going into the cell our officer told us our colors and specifically said it would be used for your vehicles. I’ve never heard any of them say that before, usually they say it’s for “interrogation purposes.” I’m guessing they’re trying to limit the confusion some have when the doors open to the vehicles.

Regarding the first item in spoiler note #1, it normally moves and was in the same position for me on Tuesday. If that’s the only malfunction I think we should all call it a win.

Roxane

I’ve seen some conflicting advice. What’s the current best bet to get a boarding group... using Wifi or LTE? And any other special tips for the current version of the app?
Since the reopening I've gone twice. I used the Disney Wifi both times. I got boarding groups 1 and 19. I've never used LTE, but even before the closure I always got good numbers with the Wifi.

revancho

Since the reopening I've gone twice. I used the Disney Wifi both times. I got boarding groups 1 and 19. I've never used LTE, but even before the closure I always got good numbers with the Wifi.
Thanks! I will try that. Any tips on how to refresh until they open up?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom