News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

Got Boarding Group 44 at 1 pm today. As mentioned earlier, Rise was down for awhile this afternoon. We were notified at 4:15 pm and entered the queue at 4:20 pm. Had a longer wait than usual for us but worth it as all effects worked flawlessly.
How much did you wait this time?

MickeyCB

Got Boarding Group 44 at 1 pm today. As mentioned earlier, Rise was down for awhile this afternoon. We were notified at 4:15 pm and entered the queue at 4:20 pm. Had a longer wait than usual for us but worth it as all effects worked flawlessly.
Is it working as it did pre-covid, where multiple people in your party can try for a BG? Thanks.

disneygeek90

We exited the ride an hour and 5 minutes after entering the queue. I don’t know the length of the attraction from the first preshow until the end, but I’m sure someone here does and can do the math. 😜
That’s not too shabby all in all! 40 mins from start to finish is about what a good day would get me in the “old days.”

Jimdalva

Even thou Im not at the park, I am practicing for mid September . Yesterday at 4pm I tried and missed, I got the red, 'Sorry'. This morning at 10am I got 'Looks like your not in the park' (true), I think if I was in the park, that would be a win. ALSO, there are 500 pages here, can someone direct me to the page with the tips and tricks that some posters here are eluding to.

disneygeek90

Even thou Im not at the park, I am practicing for mid September . Yesterday at 4pm I tried and missed, I got the red, 'Sorry'. This morning at 10am I got 'Looks like your not in the park' (true), I think if I was in the park, that would be a win. ALSO, there are 500 pages here, can someone direct me to the page with the tips and tricks that some posters here are eluding to.
The majority of the tips and tricks were due to timing issues on the app pre-covid. Since the reopen the process is much more simple in that, if you click join right at the time you should have the button appear and you're on from there. If you got the "you're not in the park!" then you did everything right. I used to have it down to a science and now my strategy on Sunday will be... sit on the main screen and click join at 10.

One thing that can still save time - clicking "select all" at the top when you choose your party rather than scrolling though the list to individually select your group. The downfall to this of course is that your entire friends list needs to be in the park. If you have more than a couple in your party and a large friends list, it might be best to remove everyone not going on the trip temporarily.

Aries1975

Sorry, I was talking about the Join button on the select party screen, not the Join button that gets you to the select party screen.

Of course, you could save some time by already being on the select party screen when the queue opens, but it's just not very practical.

In my situation it could be advantageous. I have a large group and a teenager who I don't know whether or not she will drag herself out of bed to be physically in the park at 10am. So "select all" may not be an option. If I could prep the phone at 4pm the day before with the group, I could save precious seconds at rope drop.

disneygeek90

In my situation it could be advantageous. I have a large group and a teenager who I don't know whether or not she will drag herself out of bed to be physically in the park at 10am. So "select all" may not be an option. If I could prep the phone at 4pm the day before with the group, I could save precious seconds at rope drop.
I wouldn't plan on that working from 4pm the day before to 10am the next day. The app can seemingly restart itself at any time, especially after long whiles without operating it. In your case I think it'd be best to select all and then uncheck the one person not there.

Aries1975

I wouldn't plan on that working from 4pm the day before to 10am the next day. The app can seemingly restart itself at any time, especially after long whiles without operating it. In your case I think it'd be best to select all and then uncheck the one person not there.

Thank you for the tip.

We are supposed to be there mid-August. But may reschedule due to double quarantine restrictions.

Darth Snips

I’m spending the afternoon in DHS and got Group 55 at 2PM. It’s labeled as a backup group. What does that mean in the current system? Am I unlikely to get on?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom