News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Joel

As soon as the app gets updated again with the BG functionality re-enabled, I'll test it out and let you all know if there are any noteworthy changes.

I'm hopeful that the hidden limitations that were removed from the app during the shutdown won't be making a comeback, which should make the process a lot less frustrating overall. Grabbing a BG will then mostly be a matter of who's fastest on the draw rather than who knows some arcane tricks or merely got lucky. The downside, of course, is that those of us in the know won't have much of an advantage and may even begin wishing we could have the hours spent reading an almost 500 page thread back (I kid, I kid... or do I?).

The new multiple distribution times, plus the fact that (AFAIK) no serious work was done during the shutdown to make the ride more reliable, all but guarantees that opening day will be an interesting one. Good luck to any of you psychos that are going to be there.

joup7

The new multiple distribution times, plus the fact that (AFAIK) no serious work was done during the shutdown to make the ride more reliable, all but guarantees that opening day will be an interesting one. Good luck to any of you psychos that are going to be there.

Which is why on that opening day I booked Animal Kingdom. Intelligent psycho here

gerarar

Premium Member
We’re probably going to see more of this being used now. Backstage being used for ROTR extended queue. Probably for when they call a bunch of groups and they all arrive simultaneously.

gerarar

Premium Member
Do we think that the CMs in ROTR will be wearing face masks or face shields?

A majority of the attraction CMs that I've seen so far (from photos from MK and AK) have been wearing face shields. If it's face shields, hopefully it's at least themed/painted black! And vice versa with face masks.
Also to reply to my original question, seems like all First Order and Resistance CMs are wearing face shields, as seen on multiple videos and pictures posted today.

42BDA616-EC40-42B8-95BA-43511AB45398.jpeg

8B26E9E3-74A2-4751-ADAD-3352BA6B49DD.jpeg

disneygeek90

We’re probably going to see more of this being used now. Backstage being used for ROTR extended queue. Probably for when they call a bunch of groups and they all arrive simultaneously.

I'd guess this is also an issue with doing Standby. Likely a contributing factor why we won't have that.

Furiated

Is it too “spoilish” if I start using ride dialogue to describe photos that get posted?

Not if you spoiler tag them! ;)

I know most people seem to not mind the spoilers (or have ridden it already) but I'm monitoring this thread to keep updated on any operational changes I need to know about, while still trying to stay as spoiler-free as possible for my upcoming trip (that may or may not happen now...)

saxamoophone

Waited a little over four hours in line (seriously) between 2-6pm, but finally got to ride it with the family.

The line provides decent shade, but definitely bring sunscreen.

Not sure if the Muppet side tour will continue next week. It at least provided the opportunity for trips to the bathroom, pizza, and beer.

Great experience as always on the ride, with little obvious modifications due to Covid. Full preshows.

Movielover

You could say this is all bad show if things were normal but in this case I say run with it and take as many photos backstage as possible haha!

Chris767

Yep I can definitely see why they are still doing virtual queues. They need to. I was there yesterday and while waiting in line it broke down twice while we were outside, took around 100 minutes before we were almost about to enter the inside queue. Another announcement came saying it was broke again and since our party had all already done it but one, we just decided to leave line at that point (The one who hadn’t done it was the first who wanted to leave the line) . I went with cast members so nobody was upset and everyone was very patient other than we were tired from standing there that long, but I could see how paying guests would get really mad waiting standby for this, far more than under the boarding group system. Someone we knew waited around 3 and a half hours with about 5 breakdowns before they got to the first preshow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom