News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

DarkMetroid567

I’m confused how this is going to work unless they magically fixed all the issues that have plagued the ride since opening?!?!?!

The most sought after ride, while wearing a mask, while socially distancing, hoping they don’t cut all the preshows, knowing it’s riddled with downtime.

That sounds like a nightmarish proposition😱😱😱

I'm still stuck too, but the planned capacity limits no doubt will help. I'm more worried about the experience itself, and hopefully, maintenance has been back to working on the ride in preparation for next month. Hagrid's seems to be doing alright over at IOA.

Giss Neric

I’m confused how this is going to work unless they magically fixed all the issues that have plagued the ride since opening?!?!?!

The most sought after ride, while wearing a mask, while socially distancing, hoping they don’t cut all the preshows, knowing it’s riddled with downtime.

That sounds like a nightmarish proposition😱😱😱
Park is first of all on limited capacity so way less guests and way less wait times. If the ride breaks down, they could easily wait and ride it when it's back up since you can ride it without a virtual queue.

Giss Neric

Personally, since you are now not allowed to park hop, I think Hollywood Studios is my park of choice to go to now. Weird right cause before HS is the worst park. Now, it has the best line up of rides (for me).

Purduevian

This will be interesting to see how long this line gets with social distancing. I thought I heard that the main line can only take about 90 mins worth of standby guests, assuming there was no Fastpass. With social distancing, that number is at least in half, so the line can only hold about 45 mins worth of guests. They are going to need an extremely long quene and I wonder where they will put it, snake all through SWGE, Leak into Grand Ave, or my personal favorite, cross the pathway and snake behind MMRR, Scifi and into Pixar Place.

peter11435

This will be interesting to see how long this line gets with social distancing. I thought I heard that the main line can only take about 90 mins worth of standby guests, assuming there was no Fastpass. With social distancing, that number is at least in half, so the line can only hold about 45 mins worth of guests. They are going to need an extremely long quene and I wonder where they will put it, snake all through SWGE, Leak into Grand Ave, or my personal favorite, cross the pathway and snake behind MMRR, Scifi and into Pixar Place.

Park attendance is being severely limited. This won’t be the issue you think it will be.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
It will be when the ride inevitably comes to a standstill or shuts down for an hour.
Plus, depending on how they space people, if the park is at half capacity, but the ride is also at half capacity, wouldn’t that likely mean the same or similar wait times and demand? Instead of jamming three groups of 2-3 in a ride vehicle does just one party go per vehicle? Parties of one or two could dramatically jam things up if that’s the case.

Without the virtual queue to space it out, a shut down, plus spacing, and no limits to joining the queue could lead to an epically long line!

disneygeek90

Plus, depending on how they space people, if the park is at half capacity, but the ride is also at half capacity, wouldn’t that likely mean the same or similar wait times and demand. But, without the virtual queue to space it out, a shut down, plus spacing, and no limits to joining the queue could lead to an epically long line!
I'm hoping that the park is more in the 30% range but yeah, if it's anything like Universal a party of 2 would have their own car that typically seats 8.

Purduevian

Park attendance is being severely limited. This won’t be the issue you think it will be.

I think I remember hearing that RotR has an hourly capacity around 1600pph when running at full capacity. Lets be optimistic and bump that up to 1800pph. Now lets also be optimistic and say they can run RotR at 60% capacity (probably high) due to Covid. We now have an attraction that can handle 1,080pph at best.

I believe I remember hearing that the ROTR line can only hold about 90 minutes worth of people without FP enabled (maybe someone that got in line during BGs when the line was full can back me up). So assuming 100% full line and 1800pph and no social distancing, the line can hold about 2,700 people. Now lets assume social distancing cuts that number in down to 40% (6 feet is a lot of space between groups). So conservatively now the line can hold 1,080 people or 1 hours worth without spilling out.

I don't know how limited the parks will be as far as attendance, but I'm going to bet more than 1000 people will be willing to wait an hour to ride ROTR once it opens. We've already seen waits over an hour for much less impressive rides at Universal studios.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Ok, who wants to bet we see a significantly altered pre-show experience due to the concerns over spacing?

Do the shuttle craft sequence and interrogation rooms get bypassed?

Giss Neric

It will be when the ride inevitably comes to a standstill or shuts down for an hour.
When it comes back, it's not like it will have two hour waits cause there are limited guests inside the park. Advantageous for CMs as they don't have to put effort in trying to evacuate a lot of people.

Giss Neric

Plus, depending on how they space people, if the park is at half capacity, but the ride is also at half capacity, wouldn’t that likely mean the same or similar wait times and demand? Instead of jamming three groups of 2-3 in a ride vehicle does just one party go per vehicle? Parties of one or two could dramatically jam things up if that’s the case.

Without the virtual queue to space it out, a shut down, plus spacing, and no limits to joining the queue could lead to an epically long line!
Still depending on how they limit guests in the parks, is it 20%, 30% or 50%. I went to Universal 3 times already. They were spacing guests out in their rides like per party, whether dark rides, roller coasters, and water rides, the wait times aren't that bad at all. The longest I have waited was for the Hulk which was 30 minutes. The rest were 5-10 minutes or walk-ons. This doesn't include the virtual queue for the most popular rides like Hagrids.

If everyone who went to Hollywood Studious goes to ROTR then of course it will have a more significant wait time but there is Runaway Railway too to divide the crowd.

disneygeek90

When it comes back, it's not like it will have two hour waits cause there are limited guests inside the park. Advantageous for CMs as they don't have to put effort in trying to evacuate a lot of people.
Spacing will have to be done in the ride vehicles, I would assume one party per car. That could definitely push the wait time out.

peter11435

That's great... but since RotR was already so far behind the actual park capacity... 'how low can they go?'. It's also still going to be the most popular attraction in the park, and still the least reliable.

Oversubscribed is still oversubscribed.
The difference is that with the ultra low capacity cap, even with reduced attraction capacity Rise will be able to accommodate a much higher percentage of park attendance. In fact it may even exceed the park attendance cap on good days.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The difference is that with the ultra low capacity cap, even with reduced attraction capacity Rise will be able to accommodate a much higher percentage of park attendance. In fact it may even exceed the park attendance cap on good days.

Yeah, but now we'll have re-rides too... So even if you say the park attendance gets capped at like 9k... It's not a stretch to assume they halve the seats in the rise vehicles... so it does what.. maybe 800pph?

Giss Neric

Are people forgetting that Runaway Railway was just less than two weeks old when the parks shutdown. As much as ROTR will still be a big draw, crowds will be divided between these two attractions mainly and the others of course. Since there will be no virtual pass. It's either people will choose one over the other to ride first.

Hollywood Studios was the fastest park to fill in during the first day of reservations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom