News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

WOW, must have been an AT&T issue as neither daughter’s phone or mine populated either screen at 8am, I had to hard close and reboot and then got in and got 44.

Not bad all things considered but strange that had an issue and all groups gone THAT quickly today.

Almost half glad I don’t have to do this for another 2+ whatever weeks. 🤪🤩🤪

*Note* multiple first timers in line I helped got single digit groups. Go figure. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Fresh and geeky to the rescue!!

Nearly thought about making one last trip but decided against it. I may swing by Epcot to literally pick up my AP magnet and leave. Sounds like DHS is chaotic as ever.

KevinPage

WOW, Bek B mode today

1D447DD2-CE4C-4285-B83B-1CCFD7035421.jpeg
1105ED7F-F012-48C3-A7E8-97CBAB0E8EEF.jpeg

But they at least give you 3 lines of extra dialogue not normally done

No Nien Numb
The tractor beam is too strong
“Nien Numb gibberish”
It’s worth a shot

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
WOW, Bek B mode today

But they at least give you 3 lines of extra dialogue not normally done

No Nien Numb
The tractor beam is too strong
“Nien Numb gibberish”
It’s worth a shot
That's probably the same transport that the site that shall not be named was referring to yesterday, since they also got B mode Bek too.

The first backup boarding group (53) was called this morning at 11am.

Pacing so far for the day is averaging about 17 groups per hour.
Hopefully it keeps up with the same pace for the rest of the day....and to end the 3+ month journey the ride's been on thus far!!

disneygeek90

WOW, must have been an AT&T issue as neither daughter’s phone or mine populated either screen at 8am, I had to hard close and reboot and then got in and got 44.

Not bad all things considered but strange that had an issue and all groups gone THAT quickly today.

Almost half glad I don’t have to do this for another 2+ whatever weeks. 🤪🤩🤪

*Note* multiple first timers in line I helped got single digit groups. Go figure. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Also, it makes me nervous (again) that for whatever reason join boarding group wasn’t lit for you this morning. Is there any logical reason that should have happened? @Joel any ideas??

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Was able to get group 13. Had friends from out of town and was afraid I wouldn’t be able to replicate the success of my first trip, but the force was with us!
Was a fantastic ride again and cast was even more in character than my first trip!
My friends said “chills” and “I have no words” and that just makes me so happy.

Joel

Also, it makes me nervous (again) that for whatever reason join boarding group wasn’t lit for you this morning. Is there any logical reason that should have happened? @Joel any ideas??
No clue. Obviously Kevin is the pro at this, so I can only assume it was either a temporary network issue or some other form of bad luck.

Edit: Although I really hate ascribing something to "bad luck", since that's what we used to think about all the other BG failures that we now understand the cause of.

Last edited:

KevinPage

Did he even move? It looks like you can see him decently from the side? Was all other dialogue the same?

Nope, no movement at all, no light on him either. Sits frozen in that position. All dialogue was the same except for those 3 additional lines at the end (he comes on screen on the sides).

And CM said there are 3 of those scenes, so you have a 66.667% chance of getting the working one today 🤩

Last edited:

KevinPage

No clue. Obviously Kevin is the pro at this, so I can only assume it was either a temporary network issue or some other form of bad luck.

Edit: Although I really hate ascribing something to "bad luck", since that's what we used to think about all the other BG failures that we now understand the cause of.

Yeah I repeat the same process to a tee, only thing I chalk it up to is AT&T and their connection to the Disney server. My daughter has T Mobile and had the same issue as me too, though.

Were Disney servers a .5 to 1 second behind and those who are super quick on the trigger finger penalized? Who knows. There’s a bunch of other variables out of our control that are bound to happen when we “play the lottery” as much as we do. But 2nd join option didn’t work either so I’m at a loss. I’m just glad I’m being forced to take a break from this whole process. Feels about time, gives me time to “miss the ride” as well. Absence always makes the ❤️ grow fonder.

My daughter was upset at our 44 and I had to explain to her that we’ll ride at like 10am as opposed to 8:15-8:30 (we got called at 10:14am) but I had her addicted to getting super early almost every time.😂

*NOTE* a friend I trained today did my process and got a 97 as nothing populated for him. He got to ride it an hour or so ago, 1st time for him and kids and they loved it. At least I was able to warn him about Bek and to talk to a CM to ensure he didn’t get a subpar experience 🤩🤩🤩

KevinPage

Group 102, called just before 5:35pm, will be the last group of the night for who knows how long.

It’s funny ‘cause in the past few weeks the thought entered my head that:

1. boarding groups will end eventually and this thread will become null and void

2. this is the ONLY thread I actively read every day on WDWMAGIC and has basically become part of my “social media daily” routine.

Will be weird that it will fade away into the ether, but such is life. I’m a social creature by nature (if it wasn’t obvious by my posts) so feel free to hit me up on

Twitter: PARM @KevinPage23 (gravity falls pic)

Facebook: my name

Just make my life easier and let me know who you are here so I’m not like “huh”?

Anyways, still here, not going anywhere
F93A00CD-4419-444B-B73F-5E7337487204.gif

disneygeek90

Well, DHS is officially closed for the foreseeable future. I guess this as good a time as ever to tell everyone that I have very much appreciated all your ROTR conversation and info the past 3.5 months. I know it'll be the first park I go back to when things reopen... just knowing that it won't be open for guests tomorrow is a tough pill to swallow.

I may be resorting to ROTR and MMRR POV's in the not so distant future 😅

KevinPage

I’ve not even been to Disney since Rise opened but have followed this thread like it was going to be any day now. I want to thank @disneygeek90, @Joel, @KevinPage and all of the other wonderful informative posters who have taken us along on your rides.
I’m not at all sure what I’m supposed to do and read at 7:57:30 tomorrow morning!

and @Demarke & @DCBaker 😍🥰😍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom