News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

sbskins

Made an account just to post this, the past two days we got high backup boarding groups and weren’t called either day, today I decided to do some research and happened upon this forum.

I took @KevinPage , @Joel and @Demarke advice and did these steps in this order:

(We had three people in our group, two people trying 7:55:00 and one person trying 7:57:30)

Note: If your phone goes dim, move the screen up and down a bit to so it doesn’t die on you. DO NOT change applications to check the time, Facebook, Twitter, etc. this will mess it up.

Step 1: WiFi OFF

Step 2: Two of us clicked on the application at 7:55:00 and one of us clicked it at 7:57:30. The more people you have in your party, the better the chances. Have some people try out 7:55:00 and some try out 7:57:30.

Step 3: Once inside the app, don’t touch anything. Your phone should be on the default home screen, with the “FIND OUT MORE” button showing.

Step 4: At 8:00:00, click “FIND OUT MORE”

Step 5: If all has gone well, and these steps have been followed, “JOIN BOARDING GROUP” should be able to be pressed. Press it. (If the button is grayed out see step 5.5, if you were able to click it, see step 6)

Step 5.5: If “JOIN BOARDING GROUP” is grayed our, press “MY STATUS” then press “JOIN BOARDING GROUP.” (If it worked see step 6, if not, hard reset the app and try again

Step 6: HAVE ONLY ONE MEMBER OF YOUR PARTY DO THIS STEP! Select all members of your party or hit “SELECT ALL” and hit confirm. Congrats!

By using this method, **all three** of our phones were able to join a boarding group at exactly 8:00 AM!

We scored group 11.

Good luck to you all.

Last edited:

Joel

Joel, so I’m guessing getting to the My Status/JBG screen, the GetQueues request is generated by BOTH clicking Find Out More OR going back to that screen from the JBG screen (that uses the GetPositions call) ?
This is true, but as soon as you get an enabled Join button on one screen, it will be enabled on the other one as well even without calling the server again. The result for both API calls is stored in the same place and shared by both screens.

This morning I tested tapping through to the Boarding Status page ahead of time, waiting there until 8:00, and then swiping back to the previous screen. I immediately got a Join button.

I'm going to record a video of this method on my phone tomorrow so everyone can see how it works. I'd also like to do a video showing a side-by-side of using the app and the timeline of requests being made through Fiddler, if I can figure that out a good way to do that.

KevinPage

Made an account just to post this, the past two days we got high backup boarding groups and weren’t called either day, today I decided to do some research and happened upon this forum.

I took @KevinPage and @Joel advice and did these steps in this order:

(We had three people in our group, two people trying 7:55:00 and one person trying 7:57:30)

Note: If your phone goes dim, move the screen up and down a bit to so it doesn’t die on you. DO NOT change applications to check the time, Facebook, Twitter, etc. this will mess it up.

Step 1: WiFi OFF

Step 2: Two of us clicked on the application at 7:55:00 and one of us clicked it at 7:57:30. The more people you have in your party, the better the chances. Have some people try out 7:55:00 and some try out 7:57:30)

Step 3: Once inside the app, don’t touch anything. Your phone should be on the default home screen, with the “FIND OUT MORE” button showing.

Step 4: At 8:00:00, click “FIND OUT MORE”

Step 5: If all has gone well, and these steps have been followed, “JOIN BOARDING GROUP” should be able to be pressed. Press it. (If the button is grayed out see step 5.5, if you were able to click it, see step 6)

Step 5.5: If “JOIN BOARDING GROUP” is grayed our, press “MY STATUS” then press “JOIN BOARDING GROUP.” (If it worked see step 6, if not, hard reset the app and try again

Step 6: HAVE ONLY ONE MEMBER OF YOUR PARTY DO THIS STEP! Select all members of your party or hit “SELECT ALL” and hit confirm. Congrats!

By using this method, **all three** of our phones were able to join a boarding group at exactly 8:00 AM!

We scored group 11.

Good luck to you all.

The 3 head @Demarke @Joel @KevinPage monster will not & can not be stopped!!!!!!

83AADCE7-95CE-4BC9-AC19-529707C9178C.gif

@sbskins Will this be your first time?

KevinPage

Wonder how many groups were distributed today. There’s no logical reason that we’re back to the 2 minute window for all groups on a Monday and Tuesday.

Yesterday the park felt slammed with people, even more than when we were there on Saturday/Sunday

This will be my first time indeed! I’m so excited!

Sweet. Can’t wait to hear your reactions. Try not to get too caught up in photos and videos (if you can). There’s a lot to absorb and you want your full attention.

1 tip. Go stand near or right in the front in the 2nd preshow 🤩

sbskins

Yesterday the park felt slammed with people, even more than when we were there on Saturday/Sunday

Sweet. Can’t wait to hear your reactions. Try not to get too caught up in photos and videos (if you can). There’s a lot to absorb and you want your full attention.

1 tip. Go stand near or right in the front in the 2nd preshow 🤩

I have made sure to avoid any and all pictures and videos, so I’m going in completely blind - and will do! Thanks! I’ll update later after I’ve ridden it.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Me reading through these posts:
View attachment 455134
Everything certainly sounds logical. Now I’m second guessing what I’ve done during my refresh/Demarke methods and thinking maybe my timing was off. I’m definitely down to give it a go again but it seems like the worst case default is to restart the app so why not reload it right at 8 to avoid potentially losing even more time? I think a case could be made fresh and geeky is still the safest approach.

One thing that’s made me nervous lately is the inexplicable dropping of friends or even the main account being completely removed from the friends list when it comes time to selection. I wonder if using the method of sitting on the app would do anything to sure this up but it really only seems like the app searches for your friends list once join boarding group is pressed.

This is what happened to us. Only two names were available and they weren't the main account. The second hit on boarding groups was only another two of us, and the third time everyone was available but we only needed one more person. So we ended up waiting an hour for guest services anyway.

MM311

Got to ride it twice last week, I had been following this thread for months, and quite honestly I was really freaked out going into our trip. Looking back it was completely silly to be freaked out in advance of riding a ride, but I will say it was well worth it, the ride completely blew away all my very high expectations! We stayed at POFQ, both mornings were on the bus by 6:40 am and physically tapped into the park by around 7:15. We headed to the Slinky Dog line both days and were on it by 8:30. As for the Boarding Groups, we ended up with 26 and 23, the first day we shut down our phones (Verizon Iphone 11) about 7:45, turned off Wi-Fi, and brought up the app at 7:58, our group of 3 got a group immediately. The second day we didn't shut down and just turned off Wi-Fi and opened the app at 7:58 and had pretty much the exact same success, this time with 4 people. The family next to us were on T-Mobile and ended up in BG 66, they seemed to know what they were doing, so I guess it truly was luck of the draw or maybe it was our mobile carrier. Thanks for all the help everyone has given with this :)

KevinPage

So what you're saying is I probably have no chance of riding today in group 87?

A late start doesn’t help, but don’t give up yet. Sure it will probably be later in the day, but really depends on how the day goes and how much down time (if any) occurs.

They have reached at least 100+ for a week or so (if I’m correct).

🤩🤩🤩

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom