News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MJJME

Advertisement
I don't
And how did they know it was that one group vs the ones called before with their 2 hour window or previous day FP’s, etc?
I don't think there was any truth to that statement. It's impossible to know

TrainChasers

I know why they don’t want to do it ($$$) but they needed to keep the 6 am open. Even with holiday crowds there were less people at the park at 6 am which meant you had a few minutes, not a few seconds, to get a guaranteed boarding group and then you could go ride slinky with a somewhat reasonable wait.

That was an ok guest experience. My 2 experiences with 7 am opens were not good from a guest experience, and I wanted to leave the park asap, and I love dhs.

Personally, I think it’s quite concerning the ride is not ready to properly open yet. It was already late when it did open to BG’s.

As much as I love the trackless ride system, they could have just done an Omni-mover type system and actually had a ride that all the guests could have enjoyed.

disneygeek90

I know why they don’t want to do it ($$$) but they needed to keep the 6 am open. Even with holiday crowds there were less people at the park at 6 am which meant you had a few minutes, not a few seconds, to get a guaranteed boarding group and then you could go ride slinky with a somewhat reasonable wait.

That was an ok guest experience. My 2 experiences with 7 am opens were not good from a guest experience, and I wanted to leave the park asap, and I love dhs.

Personally, I think it’s quite concerning the ride is not ready to properly open yet. It was already late when it did open to BG’s.

As much as I love the trackless ride system, they could have just done an Omni-mover type system and actually had a ride that all the guests could have enjoyed.
I think it’s a bit too soon for a knee jerk reaction that the entire ride system was chosen incorrectly. The ride is beautiful when it’s working. They just need to work out the kinks sooner rather than later.

I know we all want to see this thing operating at its best but it’s obvious that’ll require some patience at this point.

TrainChasers

I think it’s a bit too soon for a knee jerk reaction that the entire ride system was chosen incorrectly. The ride is beautiful when it’s working. They just need to work out the kinks sooner rather than later.

I know we all want to see this thing operating at its best but it’s obvious that’ll require some patience at this point.
First off... I agree. But for arguments sake, when is it not too soon? The land opened August 29.... one would assume the ride was supposed to be ready then. So we are 5 months past when the ride should have been ready to be fully operational.

When is it not too soon? August 29, 2020?

disneygeek90

First off... I agree. But for arguments sake, when is it not too soon? The land opened August 29.... one would assume the ride was supposed to be ready then. So we are 5 months past when the ride should have been ready to be fully operational.

I don’t know what the exact date is but it’s definitely not 2 months. Many acknowledged that it was opened well before it was ready so these are the growing pains that go along with that.

scottieRoss

Do you not like the idea of assigning BG's the night before? prevents crowds in am and lowers the lines for popular rides since most of the BG people would wait until their approximate ride time...……….

The ride was never expected to open August 29, 2000. It was scheduled for Late Winter always

GreenEyedChick

I don't have a problem with the ride being open but I think it's disingenuous of Disney to be heavily advertising it. I think if Disney had officially called this a soft-opening, it would have done a lot to set guests' expectations. I hate hearing that people are scheduling a vacation just to ride this ride. It's not ready for prime-time and shouldn't be marketed as such. As someone said earlier, set expectations low and exceed them. Disney didn't take their own advice this time.

Rich Brownn

Did you count?
The Briefing room was much fuller on my last run through than it had been any time before. Also, the line moved extremely fast compared to last times through. (I mean, the line was backed up almost for the entire outdoor queue and we got to the briefing room in 15 minutes).

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Always? I’m pretty sure the plan was always to open the entire lands together.
That was never ever the plan except as an internal proposal that was shot down.

DHS was "Late Fall" then "Fall." Then, all of sudden, everything was ready except RotR, so they opened everything but that early (it should have been labeled a soft opening or preview, but that horse is out of the barn).

This makes RotR opening before the onset of Winter, on time. Even though it needed more time.

TrainChasers

That was never ever the plan except as an internal proposal that was shot down.

DHS was "Late Fall" then "Fall." Then, all of sudden, everything was ready except RotR, so they opened everything but that early (it should have been labeled a soft opening or preview, but that horse is out of the barn).

This makes RotR opening before the onset of Winter, on time. Even though it needed more time.
Yeah I see what you mean, nobody thought Rise was going to be ready in August for Florida. The rest of the land was ready early.

Top Bottom