News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

Thanks to everyone on this thread for your great advice. I knew what to expect. Just got back from my trip . . . went to Hollywood Studios on Jan 30th --bad day for ROTR. Here's my experience:

I definitely opened app way too early. Go with opening it from scratch at 7:00am like others are suggesting. Luckily my aunt was on it and got boarding pass 59. Got called around early lunch time. Ride broke down and we waited in line for 1 1/2 hours! Yes, they brought us chips, bananas, water. Chewy walked by but did not stop. They said he would come back but never did. Scanned our magic bands to give us fastpasses for it later. Came back in the evening (only 3 out of 5 in my party were up to coming back). Ride broke down again, but luckily we rode most of the ride first. IMO --one of the best rides in Disney! Scanned magic bands for fastpass again. Ride never came back up. Stood in customer service line for 45 min. Nice CM gave us another day ticket and fastpasses for everyone in our party. Came back the next day late morning. Ride broke down again (after 1st 2 phases--no spoilers). Scanned magic bands for fastpasses. Came back; finally rode entire ride all the way through! Definitely an impressive ride, but more so the first time through--not the fourth Ha Ha!

That is some dang awful luck. Thankfully you had the patience to see it through and get rewarded for it 🤩🤩🤩

SoFloMagic

I had no finger scans yesterday with no issues. To make myself feel better I booked a random fast pass for those in my party for 2 or so weeks ahead. Does nothing I’m sure but in my mind I think I’m telling the app “HEY I’M HERE AND SO ARE THESE PEOPLE”.
Yeah I was worried about nothing
Screenshot_20200202-070341_Disney World.jpg

HolleBolleGijs

Last day of the trip and beat my group on Tuesday (6) by getting group 4!

I still started with the app open prior to 7 a.m., but this time I restarted my phone a few times beforehand and cleaned up my Family and Friends.

I was pleasantly surprised since it’s much more crowded today than it was on Tuesday (predictably).

ETA: we had a second phone to display the seconds (both times), which I think made a huge difference.

Attachments

• 4E709D49-092C-4593-9521-6A8980E336A4.png
    4E709D49-092C-4593-9521-6A8980E336A4.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 102

KevinPage

Last day of the trip and beat my group on Tuesday (6) by getting group 4!

I still started with the app open prior to 7 a.m., but this time I restarted my phone a few times beforehand and cleaned up my Family and Friends.

I was pleasantly surprised since it’s much more crowded today than it was on Tuesday (predictably).

ETA: we had a second phone to display the seconds (both times), which I think made a huge difference.

2B33E6EC-2957-4FCD-A987-046767523258.gif

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Another satisfied team restart member here.

Yesterday (2/1) got BG 33. I didn’t have a secondary clock so just waited til my regular phone clock hit 7am

My phone is over 3 years old. It may not look like much but apparently it has it where it counts. 😉

Got called up at 9:10 with a 1 hr return window. Entered line at 9:40. Done with ride at 10:35.

SoFloMagic

I find it weird that the effect in the elevator even needs a B-mode. Isn't it a fairly straightforward effect??
it looked like it was missing the "cut" look, so there may be more to it than we think? Probably the Saber moves and brings a "cut" roof tile with it? Probably just isn't moving like it should today

bclane

So today we had group 46. Rode Bravo side and the elevator effect people have mentioned was still broken and the last animatronic was still in B mode. According to the lead I spoke to they had to order a part from California because the character’s wrist had broken...so that will not be back in A mode until they get that part which could be a few days or more. The elevator effect was going down on both sides today at different times though so asking for Alpha side is not a sure thing. The ride is still amazing though even with those problems and I can’t wait to ride it again.

SoFloMagic

So today we had group 46. Rode Bravo side and the elevator effect people have mentioned was still broken and the last animatronic was still in B mode. According to the lead I spoke to they had to order a part from California because the character’s wrist had broken...so that will not be back in A mode until they get that part which could be a few days or more. The elevator effect was going down on both sides today at different times though so asking for Alpha side is not a sure thing. The ride is still amazing though even with those problems and I can’t wait to ride it again.
That's odd... The last animatronic was in A mode around 8 am today

bclane

That's odd... The last animatronic was in A mode around 8 am today
I’m not sure how to use spoiler tags but i’m not talking about the one that is there after the ride is basically over but the main character that has more than one animatronic. He was definitely in B mode and will be until they get some part for his wrist.

HolleBolleGijs

I’m not sure how to use spoiler tags but i’m not talking about the one that is there after the ride is basically over but the main character that has more than one animatronic. He was definitely in B mode and will be until they get some part for his wrist.

Interesting. Despite being in B-mode on both Tuesday and Wednesday last week, he was in A-mode for me at 7:30 this morning. I guess something must have happened earlier today? Or it’s an ongoing issue that they fixed temporarily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom