News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t think Disney can legally take something away from a passholder. You can’t say a passholder gets 365 days of admission but we get to decide if you can ride a ride more than once. Legally they are selling an admission ticket that’s good for admission for 365 days. They could give hotel guests early admission and then give them first chance to get a boarding group... I’m actually surprised they haven’t done this already but it would mean more chaos at the entrance and honestly I dont think current park operations can handle that.

The bottom line is the attraction is not ready to be open and should not be advertised as open. It’s in a preview state.

When an attraction is open, everyone who chooses to wait has a chance to ride no matter when they enter the park. You can enter the line for flight of passage at park closing and ride it. There is never a cut off. That’s how attractions work when they are open and Rise should be no different.

I’m not totally against the BG policy... I’ve gotten to ride it twice. I tried for a 3rd time and failed. I kinda gave up after that. Waking up that early and not getting to ride isn’t worth it.

Roxane

I like the BGs way better than EMH every day. I'm a rope drop kind of girl and I didn't even get to see GE until they stopped doing EMH every day. I wouldn't like it if they limited APs, they already treat us like second class citizens. At least with BGs we have a chance to ride.

Twirlnhurl

The number of guests in the park who are hotel guests is greater then the number of people in all guaranteed boarding groups.

Releasing boarding groups periodically throughout the day would be dramatically worse for the vast majority of guests and for Disney operations. Imagine watching the pre-show of Smugglers Run, and at noon everyone whips out their phones--interrupting the show--trying to get one of another tiny batch of boarding groups. Across the park, at Little. Mermaid during the Under the Sea number, the dark theater lights up with a hundred cell phones. Over at Rockn Rollercoaster, guests were refusing to board the train in the station because it was 11:59.

At the end of the day, a guest who only wanted to ride Rise and failed to get a boarding group goes to Guest Relations to demand their money back. The Plaid apologizes saying that they can't do anything for them because they were in the park for 14 hours.*

Getting up early sucks. But until the reliability of the ride approaches that of Test Track, there can't be fastpass. And having experienced the standby line at Hagrids several times this year, (including one ride attempt where I was at the park an hour before rope drop that was unsuccessful) I am confident that for the time being, boarding groups are the best of a bad situation.

*A guest who fails to get a boarding pass at 8am will get their money back if they leave the park and ask guest relations for their money back.

KevinPage

Nahhh, I disagree with you there. There’s really no sense of urgency in B mode. He’s not standing right in front of you and it doesn’t feel like you need to get out of there after he explodes. With the blown out side of the ship and with the wind and sirens, it sells it way better that you need to get out right now.

Yeah the lack of physical effects that go along with the AA in A mode really help sell the whole scene.

B mode is okay but they should have kept the physical effects with it. Not sure why they turned those off too.

SoFloMagic

The number of guests in the park who are hotel guests is greater then the number of people in all guaranteed boarding groups.

Releasing boarding groups periodically throughout the day would be dramatically worse for the vast majority of guests and for Disney operations. Imagine watching the pre-show of Smugglers Run, and at noon everyone whips out their phones--interrupting the show--trying to get one of another tiny batch of boarding groups. Across the park, at Little. Mermaid during the Under the Sea number, the dark theater lights up with a hundred cell phones. Over at Rockn Rollercoaster, guests were refusing to board the train in the station because it was 11:59.

At the end of the day, a guest who only wanted to ride Rise and failed to get a boarding group goes to Guest Relations to demand their money back. The Plaid apologizes saying that they can't do anything for them because they were in the park for 14 hours.*

Getting up early sucks. But until the reliability of the ride approaches that of Test Track, there can't be fastpass. And having experienced the standby line at Hagrids several times this year, (including one ride attempt where I was at the park an hour before rope drop that was unsuccessful) I am confident that for the time being, boarding groups are the best of a bad situation.

*A guest who fails to get a boarding pass at 8am will get their money back if they leave the park and ask guest relations for their money back.
Not to mention that spending all day trying to get to ride a ride and failing would be terrible. Knowing by 7am and getting to move on? Not bad.

KevinPage

1) limit AP holders to one ride per week

854E2E16-C6EA-4E38-B414-CBAE9DF9F002.gif
BCFA4A28-AC24-4B2E-9FF8-B6AAC1935122.gif

Last edited:

DarkMetroid567

Not to mention that spending all day trying to get to ride a ride and failing would be terrible. Knowing by 7am and getting to move on? Not bad.

Yeah, for all the crap I’ve given VQ, I def prefer the All at Opening approach compared to the waves that some have suggested.

Waking up in the morning is doable for most, I just don’t think the attraction is worth the early wake and hassle. I speak from privilege, though.

Got it........

Until this past week, I wasn't aware the My Status button was the only one that need be Red, and had assumed the Join Boarding Group had to turn Red........

I learned Thursday the My Status is the only Button needed to create the Boarding Group

After I click on my status do I still have to click on join boarding group on the next page that follows or does it automatically put me into a boarding group

Goofnut1980

How about they just do FP+ just like they did for every other attraction. Does Runaway Railway really need a boarding group??? It's a family ride. Dumbo got a play area which that must have not worked for them.

What's next, we redo Peter Pan, and add boarding groups to fly over Neverland?

steveNJ

If you open the app right at seven doesn’t it take at least 30 seconds for the app the fully loaded I know it does on my phone
No, I can open the app from scratch, check boarding groups (including clicking on my status) and force close all in 10 seconds.
I tested repeatedly while waiting for groups to open on Saturday.
If it’s taking you 30 seconds to open the app, it’s your phone that’s the holdup.

MJJME

I like the BGs way better than EMH every day. I'm a rope drop kind of girl and I didn't even get to see GE until they stopped doing EMH every day. I wouldn't like it if they limited APs, they already treat us like second class citizens. At least with BGs we have a chance to ride.
Right. Thats what I meant when the audience of this forum it prob doesn't apply

MJJME

Too many scenarios to list to make it worth it, I’m an out of state AP and always stay on property so which wins out?
Like I mentioned, I like BG. But Disney is doing surveys for a reason. I'm not sure of the correct format. But it's obvious the current one isn't working and alienating some. Looking for balance in a difficult scenario until ride reliability goes higher. Whatever one had the most benefits would be the one you got?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom