News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

I suspect this has happened a few times this month already. There have been days where they stopped calling 15-30 minutes earlier than most other days; those have typically been days where they made it over 160.
This is new 🤔 Now we have some visibility into how many groups are missing out each day. My guess is that people were not seeing/noticing their reject push notification.

View attachment 443115
The new alert will let us find out if all the groups were called in a given day. If there is no alert then all of the groups were called.

It will also help us track how many groups of each type were distributed per day, average backup group reservations per minute, etc.

rowrbazzle

Yeah, I think it works fine for some families and not so well for others -- it's certainly not an across the board designation; life is more nuanced than that. And of course every day is different with kids, you could plan on doing it one morning and then have that just not work out for various reasons.

Regardless, it doesn't matter. It's the system Disney has chosen and they likely aren't going to change it until they open RotR to FastPass/standby.

No doubt. It's definitely tricky with kids. We actually had a third day at HS where we arrived about an hour after the park opened. It wasn't our intention to arrive that late, but it happened. We wound up with a backup group and thankfully were able to ride.

A Noble Fish

How ironic.

This is exactly what I was trying to get you (and others) to understand. You keep using the word objective, but I don't think you understand what it means. What you are saying is subjective; there's no data to support your claim that this is the objectively best method. Your opinion that this is the best method is not a fact. Everything everyone has said here is subjective until there's some actual statistics to back it up.

It is amusing to read the last couple of paragraphs you wrote, though, because they're accurate -- you're just totally missing the fact that you're describing yourself with them.
Folks, this is the problem with the world. Some people literally think nothing is firm.

What data do you need? The ride would be closing early like Hagrid's and cutting people off with 5-10 hour queues if it wasn't for this system. People would get kicked off the enormous queue whenever it breaks down. Oh, and using Fastpass+ would make the queue even longer. Almost everything in the world can be objectively understood to the best of our knowledge, and this is no different. I can even objectively say an undercooked steak has more flavor, but I can't tell you to like that taste, however. It's no different than this, except you think that everything 'is just opinions'. Reason and logic are learned skills, they are easy to use when you've developed the ability to.

Businesses try to make the best objective move for their situation and it goes as far as to the simplest things in life. Sometimes there are multiple comparable ways to do this, but this is not one of those cases. This is a non-issue in the larger world, but it can be objectively said that based on the current conditions, it is the best system they have used. Do you not believe in science or math or anything at all? Most science is the objective understood through humans who objectively look at the situation and come to a conclusion. This is not different.

You're literally saying I'm operating on the same playing field but the other systems are in no way comparable. As a business person, you make good choices based on the best scenario with what you're dealt with. It's not done on a whim just because you can. This move was a smart business move, and it has paid off for the company and guests alike. Stop being so narrow-minded just because you haven't looked into it. OPINIONS AREN'T FACTS AND FACTS DO EXIST.

You CAN say that this is the best system they have used for the conditions, and you CAN say it objectively. You Can't argue that Hagrid's system would have worked better than this. Sure, some exclusive minority of people may have benefited from it, but OBJECTIVELY, it is not as useful for park ops and the guest. This is objectively the best system so far for this scenario.

I'm asking this forum, is he a known troll or actually this much under a rock? I'm done responding to this madness.

KevinPage

So, how about that new Star Wars ride at DHS? I believe it is called Rise of the Resistance. I hear it is pretty good.

Pretty good I reckon. And since the GIF I made got overlooked due to the DVC debate I’m posting it again 😜😜😜

F0254741-5091-4793-AB09-FBAFB1C0C66C.gif

flynnibus

Premium Member
What headliner is most worthy to rope drop when you are there for BG openings? Slinky or MFSR? Are they walking the crowds back to the lands or is it a free for all past sunset blvd?

KevinPage

What headliner is most worthy to rope drop when you are there for BG openings? Slinky or MFSR? Are they walking the crowds back to the lands or is it a free for all past sunset blvd?

Organized for both. Slinky is usually backed up to One Mans Dream as they allow everyone to filter into the queue. MFSR I’ve seen reach Aliens (not kiddong). Depends on which you like more. Slinky has FP, so that standby is consistently longer throughout the day.

Neither is an E ticket, so ride Tower and RnRC 🤩 with little wait and enjoy a stress free morning

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Organized for both. Slinky is usually backed up to One Mans Dream as they allow everyone to filter into the queue. MFSR I’ve seen reach Aliens (not kiddong). Depends on which you like more. Slinky has FP, so that standby is consistently longer throughout the day.

Neither is an E ticket, so ride Tower and RnRC 🤩 with little wait and enjoy a stress free morning
This. SR and Slinky are way too swamped in the morning. Tower, RnRC or TSMM are the best places to go first unless you're there to rope drop the others. SR especially will drop considerably in the afternoon (at least until Feb 19...)

flynnibus

Premium Member

Yeah RnRC and ToT are probably best 'bang for buck' in terms of rides/time... but they are too intense for the people I'm inquiring for.

UNCgolf

Yeah RnRC and ToT are probably best 'bang for buck' in terms of rides/time... but they are too intense for the people I'm inquiring for.

I would say Slinky Dog. I had a friend there earlier this week who said the Slinky Dog line got much busier than the MFSR line at rope drop, and I think the general consensus is that Slinky Dog is a better ride.

Plus, the Slinky Dog line is longer during the day than the MFSR line. When I was there two weeks ago, the MFSR standby line never topped 70 minutes. Slinky Dog was typically over 100, and sometimes over 120.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom