News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Epcotfan21

So my spoiler free review after getting to ride it today.

Wow. The closest ride that comes to mind is Spider-Man at islands of adventure but this is Spider-Man on steroids.

I was blown away by the cast members, the rooms, the effects, the animatronics, everything. As soon as I got off, I immediately wanted to get back on.

Hopefully they can get the kinks worked out from a functionality standpoint and turn it into a fine tuned machine.

Tom Morrow

Finally got my second ride in, and though the ride is still great, getting up at 5 AM to line up at 6 AM to play Fastest Finger Lottery at 7 AM so I can wait until 2 PM or potentially all day to ride is not fun at all, it's completely awful and miserable and I can't wait until this thing runs at full capacity and ditches the virtual queue because, as a local, I would gladly stand for a few hours in line, entering on MY time, then go through this again.

While we were in the actual queue, the ride had an extended delay, and they brought everyone bottled water, chips, bananas, and popcorn, which I'll admit did stifle my frustration quite a bit, so kudos to them for this.

jt04

Finally got my second ride in, and though the ride is still great, getting up at 5 AM to line up at 6 AM to play Fastest Finger Lottery at 7 AM so I can wait until 2 PM or potentially all day to ride is not fun at all, it's completely awful and miserable and I can't wait until this thing runs at full capacity and ditches the virtual queue because, as a local, I would gladly stand for a few hours in line, entering on MY time, then go through this again.

While we were in the actual queue, the ride had an extended delay, and they brought everyone bottled water, chips, bananas, and popcorn, which I'll admit did stifle my frustration quite a bit, so kudos to them for this.

i keep thinking the debut of MMRR will allow them to open standby and Fastpass+.

Even more likely once Rat passes the initial rush.

Having boarding groups at each park would spread the crowds even further by ensuring the rides are fully utilized at opening (ideally).

BGs could be limited the more parks they are offered at. All my opinion.

Manny8808

Heading down next week and have some little fans that are eager to ride. In order to make sure we get on, what time should we get to the park? Any tips to get on?

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Apologies if this has been addressed (I’ve read most but not all posts in this thread)

Has anyone had issues with missing ADRs due to their boarding group
and/or extended RotR queue delays?

I currently have an afternoon Oga’s reservation. Just wondering how it would/could be handled if my ADR falls in the middle of my BG return time.

Do I do RotR first and hope for no delays? Go to Oga’s first and rush thru it a bit? It appears I could also just do Oga’s for breakfast as well.

Twirlnhurl

I currently have an afternoon Oga’s reservation. Just wondering how it would/could be handled if my ADR falls in the middle of my BG return time.

Do I do RotR first and hope for no delays? Go to Oga’s first and rush thru it a bit? It appears I could also just do Oga’s for breakfast as well.

When I was there last weekend, I was being seated at 50's Prime Time Cafe when my boarding group was called. Since the window is 2 hours, we ate lunch like normal and still had about 50 minutes to get to the ride.

When we got off the ride, we were 25 minutes late for our reservation at Oga's Cantina, and when we explained why we were late, they were very accommodating and still let us in (with another wait of approximately 20 minutes).

So I wouldn't worry about it too much. I would use the entire 2 hour window if necessary and let the restaurant reservation times be more like guide lines.

Epcot_Imagineer

Apologies if this has been addressed (I’ve read most but not all posts in this thread)

I went two weeks ago and had a reservation for Oga's at 11:20, then a reservation for Savi's Lightsaber at 12:50. My boarding group was called at 10:20. Scared of missing one of my reservations for a potentially long line I asked one of the people working the front of Oga's what I should do, and they said immediately in character, "Look, I haven't seen Oga around yet today, how about we just get you in there now. What do you think Oga would prefer; being early or late?"

ninjaprincesst

I have been there 5 days this month including twice this weekend. I can assure you that groups aren't opening early. Everyone stands around and is staring at their phone at 6:59 while join boarding group is greyed out waiting until the clock hits 7. There are no cheers around the park until then when groups unlock.
I can assure you there are it may not be the whole group but it is happening.

rnese

I've got parents who are 68 years old going to HS on Tuesday. They aren't very technologically savvy. I've been giving them a game plan to get a boarding group. I told them they need to get there and be sure to get on the app at 7am. I suggested using data and NOT the WiFi. I've looked through the last few days of messages, but forgive me if I've missed this...What time do they allow you to start tapping in to the park?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

dizneycrazy09

Question about getting a boarding group in the morning:

There are two of us going at the end of March. Should we both be trying to get a boarding group through the app or should only one of us do it?

gerarar

Premium Member
I've got parents who are 68 years old going to HS on Tuesday. They aren't very technologically savvy. I've been giving them a game plan to get a boarding group. I told them they need to get there and be sure to get on the app at 7am. I suggested using data and NOT the WiFi. I've looked through the last few days of messages, but forgive me if I've missed this...What time do they allow you to start tapping in to the park?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
Anywhere from an hour before park opening to 40 minutes. For example if the park opens at 7am, people are reporting they tapped in at 6:18am.

Question about getting a boarding group in the morning:

There are two of us going at the end of March. Should we both be trying to get a boarding group through the app or should only one of us do it?
Two is better than one! It doesn't matter, as long someone gets it first, it'll apply to everyone in your party, in this case, the both of you. You two can either try refreshing the app or opening the app on the dot. One method may be faster than the other -- just depends on connection, phone speed, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom