News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kamikaze

These are different features being discussed. The app knowing your location for mapping and proximity to parks is not the same thing as 'admission checks' if you want to call that which is being used to allow boarding groups. Ticketing/admission is not using geo-location.. it's using your activity at the turnstyle.

It checks both. When BGs are available, you can't see the button 'light up' unless you are within proximity of DHS. Then you can't join a group once clicking the button unless you have valid tickets tapped in.

Dad 2 M & M

Join Boarding group doesn’t turn red until groups open, no matter where you are.
This is in reference to a reply to one of my older posts.....the Join Boarding Group turning red I was referring to was Dec 7-9 (somewhere in the first week of operation)....back when the Boarding Groups open before the Park opened...

The entire context was referring to, after tapping in the Park, how far you could go (leave the Park) and still be in range to join a Boarding Group...

I was pointing out I was “in range” when pulling in to the parking lot...

Purduevian

It checks both. When BGs are available, you can't see the button 'light up' unless you are within proximity of DHS. Then you can't join a group once clicking the button unless you have valid tickets tapped in.

Incorrect, I've been playing at home some mornings. I see the button light up from several states away. Try it with the Disneyland app in about 45 minutes if you don't believe me, although that one goes super fast.

DCBaker

Premium Member

Not true. You do not need to be within proximity of DHS for the Join button to light up.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Any indication as to how much longer the boarding group format will be used? I read once M&MRR opens on 03/04, that ROTR will go to standby only or begin allowing FP+??? I'm planning a late April trip & wondering if I have to deal with the boarding groups, or if I need to start monitoring FP+ availability, or just plan on waiting in standby.
I think it is very much on an as needed basis without any specific timetable. Could be a while still.

disneygeek90

That's just demonstrably not true. I've clicked "join boarding group" from sitting at home. It turns red for everyone once groups open.
This is in reference to a reply to one of my older posts.....the Join Boarding Group turning red I was referring to was Dec 7-9 (somewhere in the first week of operation)....back when the Boarding Groups open before the Park opened...

The entire context was referring to, after tapping in the Park, how far you could go (leave the Park) and still be in range to join a Boarding Group...

I was pointing out I was “in range” when pulling in to the parking lot...
I get what you're saying, you likely just happened to pull into the lot as they opened the park, and therefore groups. My point is there is no "in range."

What? I’m not calling you a liar but what you are saying is incorrect and refuted by several members.
The "join boarding group" light definitely turns red from home. I've done it several times. When you click it, it asks you to select your party. After that they catch you . . . it asks if all of your party members are in the park? They know they are NOT!

flynnibus

Premium Member
dawg.gif

How do you think everyone is checking BG availability and status??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom