News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

trainplane3

Last edited:

disneygeek90

And apparently the line is outside the land AND has a full queue. The wait time once in line is said to be about 2 hours.

That’s... I mean... obviously not great and a big reason they’re using BG’s to begin with. But at least it’s giving people a chance to ride if this is the only day they can.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would guess they're calling a big batch of BGs at the end simply because they can't stretch them out. If they want to close at 10p, for example, they can't call groups right up to 10p because they're giving them a 2 hour window to show up. If they want to finish at 10, they got to call everyone they've decided they can handle up to 10 all at 8p. And then they all show up at once since it's the end of the night.

trainplane3

That’s... I mean... obviously not great and a big reason they’re using BG’s to begin with. But at least it’s giving people a chance to ride if this is the only day they can.
Oh I get it. At this point it doesn't really matter. At least the chance is being given to people.

Personally, I'd go do something else but then again, I'm not overly concerned with riding it asap.

Tom Morrow

I haven’t ridden since before the “lottery” aspect of the boarding groups was introduced. Once 7:00 hits, how long have the passes been going for before switching to backup passes?

DCBaker

Premium Member
I haven’t ridden since before the “lottery” aspect of the boarding groups was introduced. Once 7:00 hits, how long have the passes been going for before switching to backup passes?

It's different even now - the last 2 days they have only had "regular" boarding groups to the mid 80's. So, they have been going faster than before.

disneygeek90

But at what time on average do the main boarding passes run out? 7:30 am? 8:00?
5-15 minutes typically.
EE7ABDFF-871D-4FF6-8687-9873C2B08835.jpeg

Beckylhl

We will be going with our 3 year old (who is far too small to ride) only my husband will be riding. Do we all have to be there for only him to get a boarding pass?

matt9112

It's not even the worse ride in the 3 ride land where it resides never mind in all of disney. In MK alone, I don't think you could convince anyone that any of these arent worse than TSM: Alladin, Tiki room, Swiss family treehouse, country bear, Tom Sawyer island, hall of Presidents. Riverboat , dumbo. Tea party. Pete's silly side show. Barnstomer Winnie the Pooh. Little mermaid Astro orbiter monsters inc. stitches escape etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Your wrong.

Fable McCloud

Can you get your boarding group and then leave the park?

Like, would I be able to arrive at 7:00-7:30, get into the park, get my boarding pass, and then head to another park (especially if I end up in a backup boarding group that won't board until end of the day). I'm not the biggest Hollywood Studios fan, and there's no way I can kill up to 12 hours lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom