News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Viget

We are number 47. We are stuck in the line right now, and it’s down. It seems like it has only been operational for half a day… That may be exaggerating a little, but it definitely seems like it. It was down for two hours the first time, and it’s been down a good while currently.

Yeah I think that's right.

Ok, did not realize said FP was good for RotR. I question the wisdom of this if this is an ongoing problem and heading into a holiday weekend. It will only exacerbate the problem further and result in a lot of upset guests.

disneygeek90

We are number 47. We are stuck in the line right now, and it’s down. It seems like it has only been operational for half a day… That may be exaggerating a little, but it definitely seems like it. It was down for two hours the first time, and it’s been down a good while currently.
I think it was operational well under half the day. On a good day they are through 50 by 10am.

disneygeek90

Yeah I think that's right.

Ok, did not realize said FP was good for RotR. I question the wisdom of this if this is an ongoing problem and heading into a holiday weekend. It will only exacerbate the problem further and result in a lot of upset guests.
If anything, they will simply adjust the amount of “standard” groups given out tomorrow to allow for expected fast passes. Thats what they did before backups were a thing and they were having to hand out fast passes nearly a week straight.

I’m pretty sure this is the first day they have not called all standard groups in 2020, it does not appear to be an ongoing problem.

tecowdw

And sadly, this was the day I decided to take off work to go. I was group 78 and got the notification of it being cancelled around 4pm. :(
Now, I have a FP good for anything tomorrow (seems to indicate any park, any ride) and a complimentary 1-day Studios park admission. I'm a passholder so that piece has no value to me, however, the ride anytime tomorrow FP is nice. Maybe I can ride ROTR tomorrow without having to be there at park opening. I'll see how it's running in the morning.

tecowdw

Looks like they cancelled BG's 59 and higher.
Sigh...
So I wonder how many standard boarding groups they will issue at 7am tomorrow since they will have to possibly accommodate an extraordinary amount of FP returns. I bet less than 75 standard BG's tomorrow morning.
o_O

I would sure love to know what went wrong today. It's such a technology laden attraction that I fear it will be prone to breakdowns more than most rides over time.

Last edited:

Viget

Looks like they cancelled BG's 59 and higher.
Sigh...

I would sure love to know what went wrong today. It's such a technology laden attraction that I fear it will be prone to breakdowns more than most rides over time.

Did you get a notification? I haven't heard anything yet.

tecowdw

Did you get a notification? I haven't heard anything yet.
I did around 4 pm for my group 78.
And I see they just went to 59. Maybe 60 is the max? Which seems odd since there isn't a two hour window available for any new groups before park close.

disneygeek90

Has anyone with a FP experimented with getting there at open the next day too? Would it be possible to get a boarding group for that day, in addition to your FP, resulting in two rides?

tecowdw

Has anyone with a FP experimented with getting there at open the next day too? Would it be possible to get a boarding group for that day, in addition to your FP, resulting in two rides?
Interesting but I would think Disney wouldn't permit that due to the ride popularity. But who knows. ;)

disneygeek90

The comp ticket I got today is valid for exactly two years and expires 1/16/2022. It also states that it is non-transferable. Being a pashholder, I can at least go to Studios one time when I'm blocked out. ;)
Interesting, they are definitely playing with the dates of those comp tickets. But yeah, helpful for gold/silver AP’s even though clearly this is meant for the person that just bought a limited day ticket and tried to ride. Seems fair to me.

FWIW, I was kicked out of hagrids a couple weeks ago and received a fastpass that expired at the end of March.

Last edited:

tecowdw

BG 70 as of 7:11pm...it's kicking it in the last hour! Hopefully they fully fixed the issues for a smooth run tomorrow.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

Theoretically there will be 46 groups all with fast passes for tomorrow. Assuming the rest in the queue now make it through.

If I’m not mistaken the previous group low called was 71, in early December.

KevinPage

23995637-5E90-4E52-87EE-87CE7E8B8DFB.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom