News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah, they really picked up the pace (or the back-up groups are smaller!)...

1578185369078.png

hopemax

When Indy opened in DL, I understand that the line often went all the way to Main Street. How long was that line? Does anyone remember how that worked?

Working my way through this thread, and I'm sure others have posted, but we took a Spring Break trip to DL about 3 weeks after Indy opened. We rode it three times. Twice we got in line in the Hub, the third time the line had curved its way into Frontierland and we got in line basically outside the doors of Pioneer Mercantile. The waits in the Hub, were 60 minutes. The Frontierland position added another 10 minutes. The longest we saw it was down by the Mark Twain dock.

And for another comparison, we also rode Test Track the 3rd day it was open for soft openings. It opened on December 19th (so Christmas crowds), my birthday was the 21st and we were in Epcot. I had a decision to make, on the previous days the ride opened at 6:30PM but we had reservations for California Grill. I decided I would rather try to ride, and we headed to the area about 6PM and got in line and the posted wait time was 90 minutes. Consulting my old trip report: At 6:10PM, CM's announced the ride needed a reset (which took about an hour) A lot of people, bailed on the line, we stayed. Ride came up as expected, and we boarded at 7:50PM. I have still never eaten at California Grill. I feel like this was a mistake. But at the time, in was cool to come back to RADP with ride reports.

Our 2nd ride on Test Track, happened Dec 26th. Consulting my old trip report again. After riding Horizons, about 11:15AM we noticed a line forming around the pavilion, so we hopped in line. CMs said they were expecting to open at 11:30AM. At that time, we were promptly let into the queue, cars zoomed around, and then stopped. Reset time. People left. We sat down, waited our hour. Ride came back up, and since we were near the front, our wait was about 5 minutes.

Neither resulted in Armageddon despite no Fastpasses or boarding groups. People made decisions to wait or not, and most people didn't want to wait more than 90 minutes. So they didn't. In the FP era, Disney has trained people to either be completely anti-wait, or the other extreme have to be willing to wait longer (when you can't get a FOP FP, people are willing to stretch the 45-60 minutes to 90min-2hr). Second, ratio of AP holders to regular guests, ratio of repeat visitors to regular guests has changed, I think. If you are a local AP, there is no wait too long. You can play on your phone, talk to people, it can be a good time. If you're on your 10th trip in 5 years, with many more to come, does it really matter if you are in line for a new ride for 4 hours? So that's what people do.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I want to say today is the 11th day. I’m newly the proud owner of 11 piping pipers.

Such a splitting migraine.

The 6th is the 12th. The 5th is the 11th. So, the 4th is the 10th. Whether or not it's the 4th for you depends where in the world you are.

Ending at 179 today, much needed recovery from yesterday.

Indeed...

1578194236279.png

KevinPage

Yeah, I shouldn't have phrased it as a question since theyll change their minds 14 times between now and then. I'm just curious. A lot probably depends on how many days rise has like today vs yesterday.

assuming they are not behind schedule, they will be able to do cast member and AP previews. That in and of itself will alleviate a chunk of the initial crowds.

And no matter how good the ride is, it won’t have the appeal of ROTR, nor is it meant to be that much of a heavy hitter either 😎

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
That's what I'm really curious about - when MMRR opens, will they run boarding groups for both? And will you only be able to choose one?
If, and a big if, there happen to be more than one attraction on a virtual queue in the same park, I'd suspect it would be similar to FP+ Tier 1, as you would need to clear the first group by completing before joining into the next group. Thus, a guest would need to make a choice at rope drop which group to join.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom