News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

scottieRoss

Read my whole post. Not everyone uses the app months before their vacation. You cannot find this information using the website. Not only that, I know that some Asian versions of the app do not have capability to join a boarding group. I know this because I worked virtual queue.

I agree with the usage of virtual queue regarding capacity. My only opinion is that Disney screwed up and opened the ride early.
Yes, you can find the boarding group infomation on the Walt Disney World website. On the plan your visit to Galaxy's Edge page

ParentsOf4

Advertisement
Give APs one quota a month for RotR might solve a lot of demand issues. Especially at DL. They likely will need to do something as I think demand will always vastly exceed supply here.
It will be interesting to see how Disney handles RotR at Disneyland Resort (DLR).

Guests who have purchased Premium Annual Passes have paid extra for no blockout dates. IMO, it's improper to institute RotR quotas for these Annual Pass Holders (APH).

I acknowledge the merits of your idea but also recognize it would upset a lot of Guests. Your idea makes me wonder if Disney might resort to a quota system for those who purchase less expensive annual passes with blockouts.

jt04

It will be interesting to see how Disney handles RotR at Disneyland Resort (DLR).

Guests who have purchased Premium Annual Passes have paid extra for no blockout dates. IMO, it's improper to institute RotR quotas for these Annual Pass Holders (APH).

I acknowledge the merits of your idea but also recognize it would upset a lot of Guests. Your idea makes me wonder if Disney might resort to a quota system for those who purchase less expensive annual passes with blockouts.
Agreed. They couldn't set quotas for premium passes.

VaderTron

Yeah, I'm an AP and I don't even agree with that statement. Vacationers are far more profitable which is why modern WDW caters so much to you. If there was any truth to APs spending more, Disney would do far more for us.
No need to reply to the braggart. They had been hitting hard on the name calling for quite a while, but evidently were not getting enough attention anymore. Needed to change it up to "look at all the money I have to blow". Must have been getting bored with the lack of reactions and attention to their endless drivel.

You know, if everyone stops feeding their ego by replying to their posts they will probably stop posting. Narcissism dies quickly of famine.

Hint: Disagreement is like steak and wine for them. So, arguing only makes them post more.

Last edited:

Leia'sMom

Good morning! Loving how lucky we all are to be so passionate about going to the happiest place on earth and riding cool new rides -- liking the wait or not! Thank you all for your diligent watch on this for those of us coming down to the World soon. THANK YOU all for your thoughts -- good bad and indifferent. Wherever you stay, however much you spend, whether you agree or disagree, I've been hopping on here daily to see how on earth I'm going to manage to ride this ride next week before I get up really early two days in a row to run the Goofy. So thank you! And I look forward to continuing to see the updates. My current thought is Thursday early morning. Just me because my DH won't get up that early for a ride. Hope I get a BG, and then maybe bail out to go to the Expo to pick up my packet and the like. Looking forward to seeing the updates continuing!

rowrbazzle

I agree with some members who are courageous enough to say that, this system isn't that simple for international guests, older folks, those not tech savvy, or people unfamiliar with social media.

I get this, but these people aren’t gonna be the ones waiting in a 210 min standby either. Honestly the ones that are able and want to ride more are the ones that are going to, at least for now until it dies down a bit. Both options (VQ and standby) aren’t good for these guests, but idk how you really fix that in the current state.
And neither is fastpass or fastpass+. Disney may have long since passed many of these guests by.

TrainChasers

If we want to talk about safety issues - 10,000 people lined up at the park entrance for two hours is far more unsafe than "more traffic than normal when the parking lot opens".
I hate how they have everyone crammed in now instead of the single file lines they had before

This and this.... I couldn’t believe that Disney was actually using the system that they were using. It’s extremely dangerous and honestly shouldn’t be legal. It’s exactly how people get trampled.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If Rise were running smoothly and at full capacity, I think we would see similar waits to Flight of Passage, not 10 hour waits.
The advantages of
- getting compensation if your wait fails
- avoiding queueing, and getting kicked out of line and having to requeue in the main line
- avoiding dedicating yourself to this one attraction
- making the attraction accessible to everyone, including those that can not physically tolerate such a wait
- avoiding having to figure out where to put all those people in line

All outweigh the negative of losing the check and balance of wait tolerance.

DarkMetroid567

The advantages of
- getting compensation if your wait fails
- avoiding queueing, and getting kicked out of line and having to requeue in the main line
- avoiding dedicating yourself to this one attraction
- making the attraction accessible to everyone, including those that can not physically tolerate such a wait
- avoiding having to figure out where to put all those people in line

All outweigh the negative of losing the check and balance of wait tolerance.
It’s just hard to make this a unique argument. You could very easily say all of this in favor of adding Virtual Queue to Flight of Passage.

Not to mention, these benefits matter little if the average guest isn’t made aware of them. I’m not against changing the status quo, but if Disney wanted to do so, they should have been more diligent in getting that information out.

Top Bottom