News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

steveNJ

I rode a few weeks ago. We got to the lot around 545am and promptly got in line. Got boarding group 56 and rode around 2pm. This was for an "8am" opening (they let us in at like 630am) Since the official hours are now 7am for this weekend, should we anticipate a similar day by showing up around the same time or is this pushing people to show up even earlier than they had been before? Thanks

A few weeks ago when? Before they implemented the BG change or after? Sounds like you were there when they opened the whole park at 6:30. Now they’ll let everyone in @ 6:30 but the park and BGs won’t open until 7. You could show up at 6:30 and still be in park by 7 when the BGs open.

Piebald

A few weeks ago when? Before they implemented the BG change or after? Sounds like you were there when they opened the whole park at 6:30. Now they’ll let everyone in @ 6:30 but the park and BGs won’t open until 7. You could show up at 6:30 and still be in park by 7 when the BGs open.
Yes this was before the apparent change. Good to know we can sleep in and still ride.

Lee L

Yes this was before the apparent change. Good to know we can sleep in and still ride.

well, sleep in a little, but they still are going within minutes of park opening.

But yeah yesterday someone was on the boat with us back to the hotel (we were done with the ride by 9:45 since we had a low group and went back and took a nap since we’d been up till 1:00 New Years) and he was complaining he had gotten to the park at 5:30 and got a really high boarding group while he was standing beside someone who got there at 6:30 and they got one way ahead. You just need to be there in time to be through the gates at open, that is all.

steveNJ

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens the rest of the month as the holiday crowds die and the APs are allowed in. I’ll be there jan 25/26 and feb 1/2, hoping to at least get 2 rides in

disneygeek90

I'm planning on this Sunday, leave my place at 6 which will put me at HS around 6:15/6:20, and into the lines past security around 6:30.

Hoping that many that were here through the holidays will be heading out by Sunday.

TrainsOfDisney

I did one opening at 6 am and one at 7 am. They need to keep the opening at 6 am... the 7 am over-crowding experience was worse than anything I’ve experienced at a Disney park.

MidwestStitch

I'm planning on this Sunday, leave my place at 6 which will put me at HS around 6:15/6:20, and into the lines past security around 6:30.

Hoping that many that were here through the holidays will be heading out by Sunday.
I will also be there Sunday. My partner does not understand why we have to be in the park by 7, so it will be a challenge dragging him from our hotel room to get there by 6:45!

Lee L

I will also be there Sunday. My partner does not understand why we have to be in the park by 7, so it will be a challenge dragging him from our hotel room to get there by 6:45!

and you’ll really need to get there by 6:30 to have a good chance of getting in if this morning is any indication. Maybe if you have no bags but with the backups I saw, you’d be borderline getting in by 7:00. You might get in at 6:57 but I’d sure hate to be stuck behind someone who blue lights in that situation!

relic827

If they are going to do a lottery just have it the night before. At least that way you don’t need to wake up and get there early just to attend a lottery that you may lose.
It could be like a flight check-in. Except instead of 24 hours, make it 12 hours before posted opening time.
EDIT: Although that would create a problem where people are claiming groups and then no-showing

Last edited:

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
HS will probably only issue BGs on the day because it looks like the criteria for joining a BG is that the guest has used a park ticket to enter HS that day (different to the current methods used to reserve FP+).

For the best chance to ride- arrive inside HS before official open and consider planning 2 early mornings at HS during your trip.

It's debated whether closing & refreshing MDE helps but I would shortly before park open. When we try for >3 FPs it helps to close/reopen MDE when the system seems tangled, especially when my whole party is doing stuff in the app simultaneously.

socalkdg

We plan on doing two mornings for HS as we fly in tomorrow. I'll also have myself, oldest daughter, and wife operating their phones as we all try to book our group. I'll take any BG number as long as it isn't a backup. Staying at BWV so easy to get back to the room.

Soma27

Anybody have reports of trying to book a large group (22+ people) into a boarding group? Does that cause any unknown issues? Have a large family reunion heading down in 10 days, was trying to see the best way to get everyone on. And yes, everyone will be present and on-line 45 min early to make sure we get through security.

RunawayRunaway

The guy at my hotel who just checked us in said we will lose the boarding group if we leave the park after securing it in the morning. So no going back to the hotel if your boarding group isn’t until the PM? Can someone debunk this and just confirm one of the check in guys at the Dolphin is wrong? I thought this was specifically not the case? Unless they changed something...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom