News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

TrainsOfDisney

So get yelled at by security for trying to go through a bag line without a bag. .. get packed in and told to not stand in a line, gates open and cast member at gate yells (literally yelling at the top of her lungs) that we are supposed to be approaching her in a line and then immediately when you step in a guest relations manager is on a microphone yelling to keep moving.

I’ll edit to add the only cm actually yelling was the one at the touch point, the others were just telling everyone what we were doing wrong in an unwelcoming and annoyed tone.

The ride was worth it that’s for sure.

Last edited:

DonaldDoleWhip

One last time! Fast fingers today. 🙌🏼 Happy New Year!

099C5810-0679-40CE-96A6-D8AC453FAD39.png

DonaldDoleWhip

The force is clearly with you! I got 40 and was constantly refreshing :p
Since I started opening the app exactly at opening, that’s been a game changer! In fact, today the button wasn’t highlighted for me at 7:00:00, so I completely shut the app and reopened it. Still pulled off 13!

As of 7:20, groups 7 - 14 are boarding.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Actually it is... it’s written to know that while exceptions exist, the exceptions do not represent the entire group... so the exceptions are not equal to the larger group.

You could have countered with “some resort guests...” and been correct. But as you tried.. no. Nor did your counter really matter to the discussion at all because its not representative of the audience under debate.
Well, if you had said "most resort guests," you would have been correct. As it is, you were wrong, because some resort guests have those perks.

DonaldDoleWhip

As of 09:19 they are only up to group 36. Shouldn't they be higher two hours later? Or am I just being impatient?
On the positive side, they are still giving out backup groups.
Things got off to a slow start today (everyone was held up before the interrogation rooms), but once we made it through, ride experience was seamless. Hopefully they’ll be able to recover as the day goes on.

SJN1279

The user posted the truth. Nothing wrong with that.

Truth hurts?

The fact that I only waited 35 minutes in line, on Christmas Eve, for Rise of the Resistance, makes me feel the way Disney handled the attraction is a huge success.

I feel some on the boards want the land to fail, which is ridiculous if you’re a theme park fan. This is probably the best decade ever for Orlando theme parks when it comes to new attractions and we should be enjoying it!

Remember the lack of new attractions only 10-15 years ago, do we really want to go back to that?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The fact that I only waited 35 minutes in line, on Christmas Eve, for Rise of the Resistance, makes me feel the way Disney handled the attraction is a huge success.

I feel some on the boards want the land to fail, which is ridiculous if you’re a theme park fan. This is probably the best decade ever for Orlando theme parks when it comes to new attractions and we should be enjoying it!

Remember the lack of new attractions only 10-15 years ago, do we really want to go back to that?
I never disagreed with anything you mention here. I merely stated the OP posted something truthful.

That the ride was not ready to open to the public but did so anyway wasn’t the choice of anyone here. That was a corporate choice. Operations had to make the best of a bad situation and as you said are attempting to do so very well.

Happy new year :)

Rob562

Also the longest hours of operation though too...

I wonder if it would be helpful/informational to rework the graph so that the x-axis starts at "park open time" and is then marked in "hours since opening". That might give a better idea about where on any given day they should be 5 hours after opening, and whether they're above or below that. Then each person can apply that to their own plans.

-Rob

KevinPage

So even though this Saturday (01/04) is still considered “peak crowds”, I’m toying with the idea of going anyways as too much FOMO in my brain 😜

Park opens at 7am, and since I’m too lazy to go back and read multiple pages, what’s the LATEST people have shown up, got into the park prior to 7am/boarding groups opening up, and still got an early morning BG?

I have to drag a toddler along with me going forward, so trying to minimize as much time standing around as possible 😎😎😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom