News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

BoarderPhreak

Glad you got to ride it? how did you like it?
Awesome sauce! đź‘Ť

The cast members also walked everyone who were in the front towards the Smuggler's Run Ride and blocked off the ROTR. So like the pied piper everyone walked towards the Smuggler's Run ride and alot of people walked into that queue thinking that was a special queue for ROTR. Unless you realized that and broke off and ran towards ROTR, ignoring all the Cast Members telling you to go to Smuggler's Run you wouldn't have been first in the ROTR ride since it was already open but Disney was funnelling everyone to Smuggler's.
Yeah, that was ridiculous. I was one of the hoard that broke free and dashed to ROTR, as my boarding group was called.

Piebald

I wonder if Universal will copy Disney and start using virtual queues at attraction opening to avoid another Hagrid
I mean they already do. They use a VQ for the Fallon ride and Volcano Bay is entirely VQ with a little smart watch thing that vibrates and alerts you when your time is up.

Magic Feather

I mean they already do. They use a VQ for the Fallon ride and Volcano Bay is entirely VQ with a little smart watch thing that vibrates and alerts you when your time is up.
Right now, Uni's only VQ Infrastructure in the Dry Parks involves set return times. At one point, Hagrid was going to use a very similar system to RotR, but it was pulled because the ride's lack of reliability meant that set return times could not be guaranteed, and would only cause a backup of guests. It would take a serious overhaul of their VQ system to make it work (VB's Tapu System is a Third Party that ONLY runs through the bracelets, so it could not be ported over).

AshaNeOmah

I think it’s a bit unfair that they are lying to guests about when the park will open and when transportation will begin. Do buses and the Skyliner start earlier than posted?

This is the question I need answered. If they're not allowing resort guests to take transportation for these early, unannounced opening, that's a real problem.

Crunchie9

This is the question I need answered. If they're not allowing resort guests to take transportation for these early, unannounced opening, that's a real problem.
Sky liner was reported to be running at 5am with no CM and the buses were running an hour before? I’m staying at POP in a week and I’m hoping the virtual queue is still operating.
If I have three fp for that day do I have to drop one to get a RotR?

ToTBellHop

They need to be honest and allow their resort guests the same opportunity to be first in line without paying for a Minnie Van. If they intend to open at 6 AM every day, to allow for the greatest ridership are in the midst of downtime, that’s fine. Just change the hours to 6 AM to 9 PM daily. Personally I would make some of that EMH but that’s just me. Something like 6 AM to 7 AM EMH with access to boarding groups and then 7 AM open to all.

Magic Feather

the Buses from the resort left at 3 am on opening day. But that was only announced that morning.

the reality is nobody knows what is going on and what is usually happening is the park higher ups look to see how early and how many are camping out/waiting early and I think based on that will open the parks earlier.

once that determination is made then they alert the buses to pick people earlier than The night before stated 6 am time.
CM's are scheduled for these things well in advance. These procedures have been kept hush hush to prevent everyone and their mother from showing up at 6 AM to snag a return time, making them run out by 6:30. I know it's frustrating to not know (I didn't even know), but this lack of information is perhaps the greatest crowd control measure that Disney is employing.

disneygeek90

Park opened at 6am today and boarding groups are in effect.
Hoping if I’m there at 6am tomorrow, that’ll be good enough to snag at least an afternoon boarding group.

Boarding groups are at capacity now. I think that’s earlier than yesterday, probably not as many groups issued today

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
They need to be honest and allow their resort guests the same opportunity to be first in line without paying for a Minnie Van. If they intend to open at 6 AM every day, to allow for the greatest ridership are in the midst of downtime, that’s fine. Just change the hours to 6 AM to 9 PM daily. Personally I would make some of that EMH but that’s just me. Something like 6 AM to 7 AM EMH with access to boarding groups and then 7 AM open to all.

It also conditions guests to expect unannounced early openings. Then when they pull them, when guests start to expect them, it just leads to chaos. If the idea was to get a soft opening to the day and avoid a rush, it seems to not be working.

AshaNeOmah

But that was only announced that morning.
once that determination is made then they alert the buses to pick people earlier than The night before stated 6 am time.

Then it's dishonest. You shouldn't give guests driving to the park priority over guests staying in your resort hotels. Unless you have an alternative plan to get them on the ride.

I know they lost on the extra Extra Magic Hours, but those should have restarted for RotR today through the next few weeks. Having them for Smuggler's Run only now looks silly.

ToTBellHop

It also conditions guests to expect unannounced early openings. Then when they pull them, when guests start to expect them, it just leads to chaos. If the idea was to get a soft opening to the day and avoid a rush, it seems to not be working.
It would work better if the ride wasn’t spending a considerable amount of time broken down this morning.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It would work better if the ride wasn’t spending a considerable amount of time broken down this morning.
giphy.gif

Ready for the nasty comments.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Exactly. You need to prioritize resort hotel guests. Perhaps send a push notification to any guest staying on site announcing when they will open on a given morning. I assume by 5 AM they knew that they were opening at 6 AM.
Just send a video message from the star of SWGE.....the blond pilot kid, letting everyone know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom