News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

DonaldDoleWhip

Yes, really. The earliest wave of guests couldn’t access boarding groups upon opening at 6. There was no reaction of success - just a bunch of people saying “not yet!” and “it says I’m not in the park!” The silence was bizarre. Many of us figured the issue would resolve itself after a few minutes and continued refreshing the app; it never did, hence the ridiculous lines for guest experience CMs.

I’d bet many of the early boarding groups went to people outside that earliest wave, with the only exception being those who immediately went to guest services.

scottieRoss

Advertisement
Disney is really good at making the customer happy.

My last day in Orlando, I rope dropped for ROTR and then when I went to scan my band at 6:50 am there was a problem because my AP had expired the day before. So they sent me to guest services and the lady was nice enough to give me a one-day park hopper even though there was no reason to. I was out of there and back in the park by 6:57 am to get my boarding pass.
I had the same experience, almost.
In MDE one place said my pass expired 12/24 and in the profile said my pass expired on 12/25. I called Guest Services before I left home to confirm and they said it expired 12/24 but passes have an extra day so that it would be good on 12/25. kept checking it every day and had a countdown of park days left until 12/25. It even let me make fastpasses on 12/25. Fast forward to yesterday morning and my husband got in line for rope drop and I headed straight to guest services to confirm my admission. Nope it was expired. But when he saw the screen the showed 12/25 he added a one-day parkhopper. Sure enough at the tapstyle, it took from the parkhopper and still showed 1 day left of annual pass. But about 5pm, it all changed and showed pass expired on 12/24. So there was a definite bug in their software, but Guest SErvices was great with the one-day ticket so all ended well.

scottieRoss

I had the same experience, almost.
In MDE one place said my pass expired 12/24 and in the profile said my pass expired on 12/25. I called Guest Services before I left home to confirm and they said it expired 12/24 but passes have an extra day so that it would be good on 12/25. kept checking it every day and had a countdown of park days left until 12/25. It even let me make fastpasses on 12/25. Fast forward to yesterday morning and my husband got in line for rope drop and I headed straight to guest services to confirm my admission. Nope it was expired. But when he saw the screen the showed 12/25 he added a one-day parkhopper. Sure enough at the tapstyle, it took from the parkhopper and still showed 1 day left of annual pass. But about 5pm, it all changed and showed pass expired on 12/24. So there was a definite bug in their software, but Guest SErvices was great with the one-day ticket so all ended well.
And Rise of the Resistance rocked both days. Loved it!

DonaldDoleWhip

Disney is really good at making the customer happy.

My last day in Orlando, I rope dropped for ROTR and then when I went to scan my band at 6:50 am there was a problem because my AP had expired the day before. So they sent me to guest services and the lady was nice enough to give me a one day park hopper even though there was no reason to. I was out of there and back in the park by 6:57 am to get my boarding pass.
Thank you so much! Your advice was spot on - I paid one more visit to guest services and boom:

98A20916-CAE4-4312-BF9B-3E641B213AEE.png

KevinPage

As a Silver AP I can’t return until January 2, and I want to (as need to get our little one on for the first time), but the idea of app not working and then having to go to Guest Relations to plead my case, seems like an (necessary) annoyance.

When is it exactly that all you out of towners leave? 😂😜🤩😎

So if rope drop is at 5:40ish the next week or so, and I Uber over from Port Orleans around 4, will the driver be able to leave me at the official drop-off spot?

Minthorne

Saw our friend TJ from ToT fame, who has now joined the First Order. Fabulous, as always.

Had a wonderful 3rd and final ride on RotR this trip. Ecstatic to get to ride 3x during Christmas Week!
Was TJ's voice back? We were fortunate enough to have him as our First Order member lining us up for interrogation last week and he was great but his voice was strained from all his hard work.

gerarar

I'm going next Sunday 1/5. What is the latest I can get to HS and get a boarding pass? Thank you.
If you want a guaranteed ride on ROTR, within 30 minutes of official park opening. After that, it's usually backup boarding groups. That usually lasts about 2 hours after official park opening.

Today I got to HS at 7:40ish (6am opening) and nabbed a 142 BG. They already had signs out saying all groups were distributed, which is partially true as regular ones were gone, but backups were still available.

Top Bottom