News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

Yes. A week and a half ago it saw 8k guests in one day. Today it’s on track to do so by 2 pm with 7 hours to spare (i.e. halfway through the day).
If allowed, 16k would likely be possible. I don’t think they released enough groups, though. Early to bed, early to rise of the resistance?

Parker in NYC

No. People mob it. Honestly BGs are a controlled soft opening. You can’t just get in line whenever you want.

I didn't know this -- maybe this was the only way to go. I guess with the advent of social media, everyone and their #mother knows immediately what's happening. But were the boarding groups also put in place because of the "downtime" risk? I'm late to the party though I was there opening day. So, kind of late to the party I guess.

ToTBellHop

I didn't know this -- maybe this was the only way to go. I guess with the advent of social media, everyone and their #mother knows immediately what's happening. But were the boarding groups also put in place because of the "downtime" risk? I'm late to the party though I was there opening day. So, kind of late to the party I guess.
It was to help hide downtime, which they feared would be far worse than it’s been. They discovered that (to them and guests), a virtual queue is a great opening strategy, so it’s now the plan moving forward (until there’s a new plan).

But you are right. One Instagram post from a soft opening and 10000 people are there in an hour. This mitigates that.

jbolen2

They just called our group 139 at 5:50.

Attachments

• 2FB8CD6A-3032-481B-B8FD-0D95D93868D3.png
    2FB8CD6A-3032-481B-B8FD-0D95D93868D3.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 62

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom