Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

Travel Junkie

I'm not trying to excuse ROTR downtime as it is simply unacceptable.

Hagrid's at Universal has been down for two days with no explanation given. This coaster has also been nothing but trouble since it opened. It seems as though designers are not taking into account reliability as they "innovate." Disney, Universal, and other ride manufacturers need to make sure an attraction can maintain a certain up time before they open it.

They are prioritizing "what cool thing we can do" over guest experience.

socalifornian

Crowdsourced locations of cell towers by carrier:

AT&T
0CED70CF-E636-4F7D-8AC7-AC79C88A7FE0.jpeg

Sprint
54D7CD0D-5A2D-4333-BE2C-6619450139BE.jpeg

T-Mobile
AC098266-869B-40A6-A380-0CE516A1C833.jpeg

Verizon
4D301F18-F44D-4110-84B9-DFE5369285B6.jpeg

Last edited:

fryoj

Depending on what the 12 hour turn around really entails, I'd think they possibly could take one set of elevators and some cars out of service, while the rest of the ride is going late in the evening to start the process. It means lower capacity for a while, but still operating. Same thing in the mornings. Otherwise.... Hopefully they just have more stringent inspection requirements the first few months, and after it reaches a certain amount of cycles, they can cut back some.

Phroobar

You know for AT&T being the official carrier of the parks, you'd think they have more coverage. Not that I care, I'm on Verizon....
So it looks like Verizon and T-Mobile are the best to be with in the park. That kind of makes sense since my daughter was able to give a play by play of Pirates on her phone for the entire ride. It was really annoying.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So it looks like Verizon and T-Mobile are the best to be with in the park. That kind of makes sense since my daughter was able to give a play by play of Pirates on her phone for the entire ride. It was really annoying.
Well she is part of the Youtube generation, so it makes sense she would give a play-by-play, lol.

Emmanuel

With the rate they were calling groups before the 1st breakdown I was thinking they would’ve gotten past 100 2 hours ago. I had to leave early and right now at McDonald’s across from harbor as “sort of” lamenting on getting so close on getting on again since opening weekend.

Oh well. I’ll try again on Saturday.
My boarding group number is 132

TP2000

Emmanuel

That's the best post of the week! You win!

It now makes sense why I had such perfect and strong AT&T coverage up by the train station, and on the western patio no less. There's two towers just to the west of there; one in the Jungle Cruise and one by the picnic area.

I have T-Mobile and no wonder I got lucky on opening weekend.I got it in front of the train station and according to the T-Mobile map I was near one of them in town square

TP2000

Haha thanks! Sounds like it’s accurate then

I'm going to print this map out and take it with me on my next visit to the park and bore people stuck next to me in line with it.

And I love that there's an AT&T tower right at the entrance to Tomorrowland, where the old Bell System AT&T CircleVision pavilion was for decades. It's almost as if God and Walt and Alexander Graham Bell all conspired to put it there on purpose!

7a3e6561ec007edb7c372652b9045123.jpg

And in completely unrelated news, look how fabulous that lady on the left looks in that mod zig-zag pantsuit with matching bag and tomato red summer scarf!

Last edited:

socalifornian

I'm going to print this map out and take it with me on my next visit to the park and bore people stuck next to me in line with it.

And I love that there's an AT&T tower right at the entrance to Tomorrowland, where the old Bell System AT&T CircleVision pavilion was for decades. It's almost as if God and Walt and Alexander Graham Bell all conspired to put it there on purpose!

7a3e6561ec007edb7c372652b9045123.jpg

And in completely unrelated news, look how fabulous that lady on the left looks in that mod zig-zag pantsuit with matching bag and tomato red summer scarf!
You might be able to sell them if it’s 5 minutes before park opening

TP2000

You might be able to sell them if it’s 5 minutes before park opening

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I just don't want to get up that early again, even if I'm sponsored by the International House of Pancakes.

I was just imagining myself in the queue at Pirates of the Caribbean around 2pm, as a doddering old guy saying to the Canadian tourists next to me... "Hey, do you know where all the cellular telephone towers are in this park? I've got a map!"

DrAlice

Twitter is full of those now! A close second is photos of the lines to get into the park just before 8am, like this one taken last Wednesday morning. Wednesday morning!!!

ERVYPlNUUAMNZOP
One of two things needs to happen before the family trip this summer:
1) This needs to work itself out by then.
OR
2) I'm going to have to make sure my crowd-phobic husband does NOT see this image. My daughter and I have to use all of our feminine charm to get him to agree to go to the parks as it is. This would make him want to cancel. Heck, it half makes me want to cancel.

This is just nuts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom