Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

mandelbrot

I get stressed just thinking about trying to get on this ride. Not the kind of experience I'd want on vacation.

Maybe it'll be better after Labor Day? Maybe not. I don't expect the madness to end anytime soon.
It's not popular to say this but Disney vacations ARE stressful. There's pressure to get value for what you are spending, pressure to please everyone in your group, pressure to get up early, pressure to get restaurant reservations, pressure to hit certain attractions/entertainment/shows, etc. A Disney trip can be a great experience but if it's a true relaxing vacation you want go somewhere less........populated.

TP2000

So far so good. Got boarding group 107 and it’s 10:40am and they haven’t even started boarding group 1. 🙄

Rise Before Dawn is having a really rough day for Super Bowl Sunday. Thus far;

8:00am - Disneyland Opens
8:02am - Boarding Groups Gone
10:45am - Ride Opens For The Day at Boarding Groups 1-12
11:10am - Ride Breaks Down at Boarding Group 23
12:30pm - Ride Reopens at Boarding Group 24
12:45pm - Ride Breaks Down at Boarding Group 26
1:20pm - Ride Reopens at Boarding Group 27

Currently the ride has been stuck at Boarding Group 35 for the past 20 minutes. Broken again, or just backed up?

mickEblu

Rise Before Dawn is having a really rough day for Super Bowl Sunday. Thus far;

8:00am - Disneyland Opens
8:02am - Boarding Groups Gone
10:45am - Ride Opens For The Day at Boarding Groups 1-12
11:10am - Ride Breaks Down at Boarding Group 23
12:30pm - Ride Reopens at Boarding Group 24
12:45pm - Ride Breaks Down at Boarding Group 26
1:20pm - Ride Reopens at Boarding Group 27

Currently the ride has been stuck at Boarding Group 35 for the past 20 minutes. Broken again, or just backed up?

Story of my life. Just the day after it made it to group 141 too. So glad I woke up at 5 am. Also so glad they delayed it 8 months to get the kinks worked out. Also so glad they re giving hotel guests a ROTR boarding pass. Oh well, I’m staying at the Grand Californian tonight and can try again tmrw... without waking up at 5am. And this time we re doing it on one phone. Today we had 4 of us with all of our passes linked to all of our phones and I have a feeling that slowed us down instead of increasing our chances.

Is it true they shut down at 8pm every night? Also do they usually start so late like today at 10:45am?

Last edited:

TP2000

And for @mickEblu and anyone at Disneyland trying to time a park departure for the 3:30pm kickoff, or trying to avoid the game entirely by staying at Disneyland, here is a graph I just made for you comparing today versus the previous two weekends with long park operating hours.

Today's miserable performance is the graph line appropriately in Gold to represent both Kansas City and San Francisco.

bokeh_plot (6).png

TP2000

Story of my life. Just the day after it made it to group 141 too. So glad I woke up at 5 am. Also so glad they delayed it 8 months to get the kinks worked out. Also so glad they re giving hotel guests a ROTR boarding pass. Oh well, I’m staying at the Grand Californian tonight and can try again tmrw... without waking up at 5am. And this time we re doing it on one phone. Today we had 4 of us with all of our passes linked to all of our phones and I have a feeling that slowed us down instead of increasing our chances.

Is it true they shut down at 8pm every night? Also do they usually start so late like today at 10:45am?

They call the last Boarding Group somewhere between 8:15pm and 8:30pm, and then run the ride for one more hour for those folks only.

Today's 10:45am opening was the worst delay they've ever had, and then it's been followed up by a couple hours of breakdowns and delays. Today is shaping up to be the worst day for the ride since it opened.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but at least the weather is gorgeous today?

Curious Constance

Good luck!

mickEblu

They call the last Boarding Group somewhere between 8:15pm and 8:30pm, and then run the ride for one more hour for those folks only.

Today's 10:45am opening was the worst delay they've ever had, and then it's been followed up by a couple hours of breakdowns and delays. Today is shaping up to be the worst day for the ride since it opened.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but at least the weather is gorgeous today?

Wonderful! Yeah I’d be able to enjoy the weather more if I wasn’t exhausted. Well, at least my room was ready at noon.

TP2000

Wonderful! Yeah I’d be able to enjoy the weather more if I wasn’t exhausted. Well, at least my room was ready at noon.

Go take a nap!

I'm off to a Super Bowl party now, but will be interested to check in on this tonight to see how today worked out for everyone.

TP2000

Interesting that they started giving hotel guests a pass to ride. Have you confirmed that with the hotel? Were you given one?

I think that was sarcasm my dear lady. ;)

They don't have the daily capacity on this troubled ride to handle giving Boarding Groups to the 5,000+ daily guests staying in the 2,400 Disney owned hotel rooms. Just another example of how badly this ride has been designed and managed from the top so far. (Looking at you clueless Burbank & Glendale execs, not the hard working Anaheim CM's!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom