Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

NateD1226

Welp, I tried the method of starting to open the app a few seconds before and it didn’t cone up. Restarted and didn’t cone up When it finally did I got 77. Gotta leave for flight at 6pm, so pretty sure I won’t get on today. Oh well. I’m officially on the side of hating this process now.
Bro they’re on group 60! you got this 🤞
Yup! Hope you didn't leave the park yet! At this rate you can probably get on by 2pm if there isn't any downtime.

Mickeyboof

By then downtimes will be what is normal for an attraction. Pretty much every modern attraction has growing pains.

Honestly, I am not one to get upset about downtime. These machines are beasts and stoppages are keeping people safe. They’re working through them and learning how to better these complex labyrinths with every breakdown.

But 700 people an hour? Closing at 8:30pm?

That’s unacceptable at this point.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Yup! Hope you didn't leave the park yet! At this rate you can probably get on by 2pm if there isn't any downtime.
The way it was trending I was hoping to be on by 3pm, but it’s been stalled at 63 for almost an hour now, so hope is dwindling. If the wait is about an hour in line and I need another half hour to get my backpack from the locker and get over to call my Lyft, I can probably realistically only wait until about 4:30pm. If it doesn’t come back up soon I probably won’t make it. :/

TP2000

Exactly.

If you had gone back in time 55 years and told Walt and his sharp pencil boys then that they should spend a few hundred million dollars to build a new E Ticket that can only get 1,500 riders per hour at best, but will spend the first few months only getting 700 riders per hour and will only operate for 8 to 10 hours per day, Walt would have fired you on the spot.

And then Walt would turn to Bob Gurr and Marc Davis and tell them to do something with pirates, and so they used slide rules and watercolor paints to design Pirates of the Caribbean for half that budget that easily put 2,800 people per hour through as it hosted 40,000 customers in the average 16 hour Saturday. Back when Disneyland attendance was one third of what it is today. o_O

This is a problem because for at least the past decade, over and over again, the current crop of Celebrity Imagineers and Clueless Park Executives keep designing, approving and paying for these rides that have abysmally low capacity.
The execs who keep making these idiotic decisions are simply not good hosts and aren't doing their jobs well.

Meanwhile, at Disneyland, the ride has been closed for an hour and is stuck on Boarding Group 63. @chadwpalm we're all pulling for you that it reopens shortly and gets up to 77 before 4:30! I think if the ride reopens before 3pm you will probably make it!

Today's latest graph...

Last edited:

socalifornian

The way it was trending I was hoping to be on by 3pm, but it’s been stalled at 63 for almost an hour now, so hope is dwindling. If the wait is about an hour in line and I need another half hour to get my backpack from the locker and get over to call my Lyft, I can probably realistically only wait until about 4:30pm. If it doesn’t come back up soon I probably won’t make it. :/
64!

Disney Analyst

Honestly, I am not one to get upset about downtime. These machines are beasts and stoppages are keeping people safe. They’re working through them and learning how to better these complex labyrinths with every breakdown.

Boarding group calling ends at 8:30, but ride is still open. They generally have a few hours worth of people to account for by that time they call it, and they also try to account for potential downtime.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Ride broke down again 15 minutes ago, now stuck at Boarding Group 67. :mad:
If I don’t see any activity in the next few minutes I’m gonna just go enjoy my last couple hours here while I have them. While a disappointment, at least you can never go wrong with a couple days spent at Disneyland.

The ride’s not going anywhere and I’ll probably be back in June.

TP2000

If I don’t see any activity in the next few minutes I’m gonna just go enjoy my last couple hours here while I have them. While a disappointment, at least you can never go wrong with a couple days spent at Disneyland.

The ride’s not going anywhere and I’ll probably be back in June.

It's a good thing you have such a healthy and sane outlook!

At 6pm the ride has been closed for about three hours now, still stuck on Boarding Group 67.
They are taking a very, very long tea break today. :(

Mickeyboof

TP2000

Welp... it's over. They already called it a day. Today was not a good day, in fact even worse than last Sunday which wasn't that hot either. Here's how the day unfolded while Disneyland was rather busy on an overcast mid-winter Sunday....

8:00am - Disneyland Opens
8:02am - All Boarding Groups gone
8:40am - Star Wars: Rise Before Dawn opens for the day
11:00am - TP2000 goes for brunch at Snooze over in Orange, orders Eggs Benedict and a Bloody Mary, loves it
1:40pm - Ride breaks down at Boarding Group 62
3:00pm - Ride reopens at Boarding Group 63
3:20pm - Ride breaks down at Boarding Group 67
7:05pm - Ride reopens at Boarding Group 68
7:40pm - Ride is closed for the night at Boarding Group 77
12:00am - Disneyland closes, all normal rides close their queues

Out of a 16 hour operating day the ride was operating for seven hours today. It was closed at 7:40pm with about an hour-long queue, for a total of of nine hours of closure. They called 7,700 people to the ride, and likely got 7,000 or less who actually rode the ride.

Disneyland is open from 9am to 10pm tomorrow, let's see if they can recover and have a better day on Monday!

el_super

Unacceptable as in they should close the ride? Unacceptable as in demand for the ride will wane as people get frustrated with the low capacity? What does that even mean... Unacceptable?

Should all rides that have a capacity less than 1000 per hour be leveled to make room for more high capacity attractions?

The people who have been on Rise seem willing to accept ot as-is. As are the folks who keep lining up to try to get a boarding pass. I don't see what is so unacceptable about this.

flynnibus

Premium Member
...yes clearly I said the ride should be immediately demolished. Good eye!

Looks like someone from WDI joined the forums. Welcome!
point remains the same.. instead of just complaining... what would you suggest is the better alternative Disney should be pursuing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom