Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

Mickeyboof

Initial report- we've had two people cancel due to a death in the family, I forgot my sunglasses, and our thought to avoid the construction on Ball by taking the 5 has been thwarted as we've been sitting in the same 20 ft for the past 5 minutes on the freeway ramp.

Almost as if a billion APs are all trying to do the same thing this morning.

It's going to be tight.

Oof. Good luck, and may the force be with you.

MoonRakerSCM

Now then, I can get on my high horse in a drunken stooper later today about how it amazes me that Disney deals with crowds so poorly...

But no, we got skunked... As in we were 5 people from the gate when sporadic groups of people burst out in cheer within 5 seconds of 8:00am.

Our one friend got in and got group 39 on her own, another got 124 doing the exact same thing as her.

But now I have a nice day to enjoy the daytime offerings I don't see too often... And can barhop around the resort.

Tomorrow... We arrive at 2a...

Supreme Leader

^ I think that's what gave me even more anxiety when I went for park opening. The amount of people screaming/cheering at 9am really startled me. Didn't help that I had a triple espresso over ice either.

Freshee61

I got mine this morning. Left all star sports 6ish and was there by 715am. Walked in and waited in line for less than two min for a guest service person and she booked us ( I didn’t have the app). Pretty easy. By the time I left park at 815 after riding aero smith rockin roller coaster twice back to back all passes had been distributed. Riding fight of passage now and then off to ride the resistance 😎🤩very excited.

Californian Elitist

I got mine this morning. Left all star sports 6ish and was there by 715am. Walked in and waited in line for less than two min for a guest service person and she booked us ( I didn’t have the app). Pretty easy. By the time I left park at 815 after riding aero smith rockin roller coaster twice back to back all passes had been distributed. Riding fight of passage now and then off to ride the resistance 😎🤩very excited.

Wrong park and resort.

TP2000

The traffic and slow lines and security is what makes me want to get there extra early. I refuse to show up any later than 630. I'll be trying again tomorrow after going for the first time last week.

Exactly. Which is why I've chosen a February weekday with a 9am park opening and a plan to Lyft to the International House of Pancakes on Harbor; I can see the amount of crowds and eyeball how long I enjoy my Silver Dollar pancakes before I walk across the street.

Interesting reports about freeway traffic backups at 7am this morning @MoonRakerSCM! Was the parking, security and turnstile teams at least firing on all 8 cylinders when you finally got onto Disneyland Drive?

Today has not been wildly successful for Star Wars: Rise Before Dawn. The park opened at 8am but the ride didn't open until 9:15am, and it's been broken for the last hour and a half but just now reopened and began calling Boarding Groups at 1pm.

Last edited:

TP2000

Today has not been wildly successful for Star Wars: Rise Before Dawn. The park opened at 8am but the ride didn't open until 9:15am, and it's been broken for the last hour and a half but just now reopened and began calling Boarding Groups at 1pm.

I already jinxed it. The ride worked for about 15 minutes as I posted that, and then it broke down again and has been closed for the past hour. Stuck on Boarding Group 49.

NateD1226

I already jinxed it. The ride worked for about 15 minutes as I posted that, and then it broke down again and has been closed for the past hour. Stuck on Boarding Group 49.

Time to use your powers to unjinx it like last time ;)

TP2000

I was... Mansplained to by Vi Moradi for mispronouncing her name. Then she brought Chewbacca over and had him yell at me and hover over me for an uncomfortable amount of time.

I... Don't like Vi.

Next time, tell her that her hair color is brassy and makes her skin tone look dull, then give her the name of a good colorist in Newport Beach. That should shut her up.

Mickeyboof

I was... Mansplained to by Vi Moradi for mispronouncing her name. Then she brought Chewbacca over and had him yell at me and hover over me for an uncomfortable amount of time.

I... Don't like Vi.
Next time, tell her that her hair color is brassy and makes her skin tone look dull, then give her the name of a good colorist in Newport Beach. That should shut her up.

Actually, please do mention her hair.

In the book Black Spire, her crate with two extra wigs were stolen after crash landing on Batuu.

Later on, she saw someone pass by wearing her stolen wig.

I would love to know what the other two styles were and which CM is wearing her wig.

I mean, Bob did say that ALL the CMs have backstories and are involved in the happenings of Batuu, right?

TP2000

At long last the immersion they had promised! So, is it Vi with an 'E' sound, or a 'Y' sound?

Only her hairdresser knows for sure!

But I would also like to know which it is, just so I can call her the opposite if I ever run into her.

The daily High Tea downtime is underway, ride is closed and stuck on Boarding Group 83.

This is a rough day for the ride, not sure that Moonraker's friend with the 100's Boarding Group is going to make it before the ride closes for the night at 8:30pm.

Animaniac93-98

Pretty impressive to get from All-Star Sports to Disneyland park in 75 minutes though.

Especially since it's on the other side of the Atlantic!

1580003094263.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom