Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

flutas

How has the response time been on the query? Consistent or have you seen any jitter? I would hope the status query would be stable... while the join request may take the brunt of the delay

Very stable. I haven't been messing with the join request whatsoever.

Wow! That is an insecure app. Good thing ticket and account information aren't on it. Oh wait....

Nah, Disney is very good about this. Everything is in it's own bucket basically. Fastpasses vs the Virtual Queue vs Tickets vs everything else. Anything not public (think your passes and tickets) are very secure. General statuses are still pretty secure.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wow! That is an insecure app. Good thing ticket and account information aren't on it. Oh wait....

Polling the info the server is willing to share is not the same as hacking the server and forcing it to give info it normally wouldn't share.

Although, the server may be throwing out some info that isn't being currently used by the MDE app which a scrubber can see.

flynnibus

Premium Member

This is not indicative of security. It would be interesting if it's behind authentication or not.. but even that is usually done with common technologies. When your app is on a platform like android that everyone has developer access to... you don't rely on secrecy for security. You effectively have none.

TP2000

Luckily, they’re chugging along today, already at group 28 before 10AM.

And yet they had another morning where they couldn't open with the park. For the fourth day in a row.

They didn't call the first boarding group this morning until 8:50am.

BubbaQuest

I'm guessing things will settle down by June if not March. The AP crowd will have already figured out a way to see it and the virtual fast pass will be gone. It happen that way for Target Run and Pixar Pier.

Based on my experience living in LA, "The AP crows will have already figured out a way to"....exploit it :)

If I understand the park attendance numbers, DHS theoretically has the potential to allow everyone in the park to ride RotR once. DL RotR will never have that potential.

Does anyone know if DL attendance ever dips below 30K/day anymore?

trainplane3

Double big yikes. I thought I was being a tad conservative with my 800 guesstimate. 700 per hour is truly abysmal.
While I'm not surprised there's issues (as any new ride would have), I'm surprised they're having this big of issues. I would've thought since it was "done" before DHS's and the extra month after DHS opened would've helped.

I think it's running slower then DHS's during it's first week.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And yet they had another morning where they couldn't open with the park. For the fourth day in a row.

And yet, today is on track to be their best day, barring any breakdowns...

1579550165200.png

DrAlice

So, am I reading this page with the "wait times" at the bottom correctly? A guest has to get to the park early enough to be in the park at 8am. They then jam on the app and hope they get a reasonable boarding group. Then, assuming their group is called, they stand in line for an hour to an hour and a half and hope it doesn't go down before they board or while they are riding? Hmm.

On the one hand, I get it. They are trying to make the best of the situation considering guest demand and limitations/complications of this new ride. On the other hand, that's not what I would call a "premium" experience, given the $150 per day price tag. Will the word-of-mouth "advertising" about this lead to another slow summer? (*selfishly crosses her fingers* :D)

flynnibus

Premium Member
So, am I reading this page with the "wait times" at the bottom correctly? A guest has to get to the park early enough to be in the park at 8am. They then jam on the app and hope they get a reasonable boarding group. Then, assuming their group is called, they stand in line for an hour to an hour and a half and hope it doesn't go down before they board or while they are riding?

In a glass half full view.. yes? Kinda

You have to be in the park before posted opening time - No different than someone rope dropping the park. This happens for nearly every new attraction worth a big wait
You join the 'lottery experience' with BGs and the app to see what group you will get. It's possible to NOT get a group... but that hasn't been the norm. The later group you get, the greater risk it will not get called that day.
For DHS at least, they would give guest recovery compensation to people who had a BG that did not get called that day. If you get a 'backup' BG, no recovery was offered.
If you get in line, and the ride breaks down, they've been giving FPs to allow you to return when the ride is operating again.
Wait once in line at DHS has been anywhere from 20mins to an hour.

DL has not been operating as high as the DHS one so far.. but that should improve.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom