Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

shambolicdefending

How long is it taking people to park and get through security/into the park there? WDW is taking under 30 mins for that whole process right before open.
At opening we usually plan on 30 minutes from arrival time at the parking booth to walking through the turnstyles. It can take a significant bit longer, though, if the trams or security checks are understaffed that day.

SuddenStorm

I saw on social media a group hung a sheet from a Disneyland fence and projected an original trilogy film for all to enjoy.

I imagine WDI/Lucasfilm hate this, especially after their mandate that the land be based between episodes 8 and 9- the two most divisive films of the series.

Where's the person that was saying the OT isn't relevant to today's generation? Was this group watching this film over the age of 40?

Mickeyboof

I imagine WDI/Lucasfilm hate this, especially after their mandate that the land be based between episodes 8 and 9- the two most divisive films of the series.

Where's the person that was saying the OT isn't relevant to today's generation? Was this group watching this film over the age of 40?

I can’t imagine anyone over 40 was out there in the rain at 2am!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Anyone know how quickly boarding groups went today and if the ride had any down time and how many got called? also anyone know if people have been complaining about the system to city hall??

TP2000

Anyone know how quickly boarding groups went today and if the ride had any down time and how many got called? also anyone know if people have been complaining about the system to city hall??

According to this website linked below, they've had a similar day today. They had some breakdowns this morning, then were doing pretty good until about 7pm when the ride was closed for several hours.

I have no idea what kind of Internet magic this website uses to get this info, but it's absolutely incredible.

bakhuizen

All you need to know!
https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/disneyland/starwarsriseoftheresistance/
1579412405428.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
According to this website linked below, they've had a similar day today. They had some breakdowns this morning, then were doing pretty good until about 7pm when the ride was closed for several hours.

I have no idea what kind of Internet magic this website uses to get this info, but it's absolutely incredible.

Two fairly good days, especially for opening...

1579412733639.png

That site is fantastic. Don't know why it's not being used on the forum daily as part of the usual debates!

Emmanuel

The boarding groups were gone within under 2 minutes
There were 2 breakdowns I know of but I don’t know if it broke down more beyond that
The last boarding group was number 117

TP2000

Two fairly good days, especially for opening...

View attachment 442168

That site is fantastic. Don't know why it's not being used on the forum daily as part of the usual debates!

Agreed! I had no idea it existed until you started posting it here, so thank you. It's addictive.

And how clever of them to replace the bar graph stat of wait time minutes with Boarding Group number. This is going to be fun to watch!

unmitigated disaster

So true! WDW has that new Snow White mine train ride and has a constant two hour line filled with only 90 year olds! Who needs all of these nonagenarians running around reliving their childhood memories?!
Eh, hate to burst your bubble but my nonagenarian father watched movies like Son of Frankenstein and those old Saturday morning serials when he was a kid.

DarkMetroid567

its cracking me up to see the entire discussion about the fairness of the virtual queue and how intuitive it is happen again

I'll say what I've said before. Virtual Queue is cute and has it's benefits, but is mostly in place to handle the disaster of low reliability and low capacity. It is vehemently difficult to argue that it is a more "fair" system when compared to a standby line, especially considering how quickly boarding groups seem to vanish at Disneyland.

DarkMetroid567

also: has anyone else noticed that Disneyland seems to move through it's groups a little slower so far? When we opened at DHS we commonly also finished below boarding group 120, but during opening week it wasn't uncommon to be in a downtime.

Sue_Vongello

Question: even with Magic Hours this morning at 7 the boarding groups were not given out till official park opening at 8, right?

How did Magic Hours work with with this process? Was there a separate entrance like usual? Did they still open the gates early for everyone? Did the separate the magic morning people inside the gates?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
its cracking me up to see the entire discussion about the fairness of the virtual queue and how intuitive it is happen again

I'll say what I've said before. Virtual Queue is cute and has it's benefits, but is mostly in place to handle the disaster of low reliability and low capacity. It is vehemently difficult to argue that it is a more "fair" system when compared to a standby line, especially considering how quickly boarding groups seem to vanish at Disneyland.

Indeed, this.

When you have more people wanting to ride it than it can handle, then there will be people who can't ride it. And no matter what system you use to determine who those losers will be, they will think the system unfair.

There is no perfectly fair way to handle this. Only systems that favor one group over another based on reasons for favoring those groups. The groups that get left out will argue that your priorities are wrong. And thus... no perfectly fair system that everyone will be happy with.

And, as @DarkMetroid567 mentioned, the system in place is to favor Operations. They schedule a known amount of guests that they presume they can handle, and if they can't, they get comped. Then they schedule a known amount of guests that they may not get to and call them "backup". If they don't get to them or only a part of them, they don't have to comp them because they're "backup."

They use a virtual electronic lottery system by having everyone slam a server all at the same time. Again, this is for Ops, because at DHS, people were showing up earlier and earlier to win the lottery, and they had to stop that before they wound up opening at 3 AM.

socaljoeyb

We got group 38.
How did Magic Hours work with with this process? Was there a separate entrance like usual? Did they still open the gates early for everyone? Did the separate the magic morning people inside the gates?

They let everybody in because of the line (was to DCA). They held non mm guests at the hub.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom