Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Off to a little shaky start, but started earlier...

1579370710571.png

Mickeyboof

Yeah, you will notice the backup group number will fluctuate every day. Not sure what the rhyme or reason to it is.
So I don't know what causes them to use which number as the first boarding group, but you'll notice that yesterday, 12 was the first boarding group, and 82 and above were the backup ones, and today the first bg is 5 and the first backup bg is 75.
  • 82-12=70
  • 75-5=70
So I think that's the pattern they'll be sticking to.

Ahh! Copy that. Thanks y’all.

Animaniac93-98

I can’t imagine paying $120+ for a single day ticket to Disneyland so I can ride the new Star Wars attraction just to not be able to get a boarding pass. I’d be so ****ed.

That's who I have sympathy for. The out-of-state, out-out-country tourists who can't go to Disneyland whenever they want to and have difficulty seeing the ride Disney themselves are hyping as a "can't miss experience!".

The lifestylers who go every weekend complaining about not getting in on day one? Give me a break.

RobWDW1971

I can’t imagine paying $120+ for a single day ticket to Disneyland so I can ride the new Star Wars attraction just to not be able to get a boarding pass. I’d be so ****ed.
Or booking a multiple thousand dollar trip to WDW and can't even get a Fastpass for a ride over a month out - this whole system is just getting ridiculous. Can we just go back to one day passports and no FP and call it a day?

flynnibus

Premium Member
now hopefully they add more boarding groups since someone just posted that they closed ride two hours early. seems like maybe they ran out of boarding groups they had issued.

they always stop calling boarding groups well before park closing. and they have yet to add more BGs.

it will be interesting to watch if Disney will change that for dlr

the number of groups distributed for opening day was low relative to what dhs has done

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

There were *lots* of people who paid to get into DAK when FoP opened and never rode it because they didn't get a FP+ and didn't have the capability to do a four hour queue.

Park entrance is not a guarantee of being able to ride a specific ride.

Think of all the people who paid for a one day ticket to DL and their most-wanted-to-ride ride was down for refurbishment, or it broke, or couldn't be run in bad weather. How many people had one-day tickets for DL and found the Haunted Mansion -- the one ride they considered an absolute must -- was down for the Halloween set-up or break-down?

Last edited:

George Lucas on a Bench

There were *lots* of people who paid to get into DAK when FoP opened and never rode it because they didn't get a FP+ and didn't have the capability to do a four hour queue.

That's true. I didn't even have Fastpass+ when I went. I just had a paper ticket. It's like bringing a knife to a gunfight. But I waited hours for my one ride and at least the opportunity was available.

wowsmom

My wife and I both did the open fresh method, her phone was faster than mine, once she got in i didnt proceed with continuing to the page in my app. The area of people around us got them as well (Rivers of America). Verizon. No Wifi.

This morning, I saw that ratchat is saying don't have everybody in the group try - that it will unlink your group. Didn't sound right to me. 🤷‍♀️ Glad you got a good boarding group! Have fun!

disneygeek90

Think of all the people who paid for a one day ticket to DL and their most-wanted-to-ride ride was down for refurbishment, or it broke, or couldn't be run in bad weather. How many people had one-day tickets for DL and found the Haunted Mansion -- the one ride they considered and absolute must -- was down for the Halloween set-up or break-down?
Happens literally every day, at all parks around the world. I specifically overheard a mom stress to her child and husband last week that the Jurassic Park boat ride in Islands of Adventure was the one they “absolutely had to do as a family.” I didn’t have the heart to tell her that I had just walked by it and it was closed for maintenance till the 24th.

Curious Constance

My wife and I both did the open fresh method, her phone was faster than mine, once she got in i didnt proceed with continuing to the page in my app. The area of people around us got them as well (Rivers of America). Verizon. No Wifi.

Geez, this all seems so ridiculous lol

So I assume you can have a group of the same tickets scanned into multiple peoples phones? And everyone can try to do it at the same time?

el_super

COMPLETELY anecdotal: but I noticed people on Twitter today who scanned into the park later (7:45-7:55) getting REALLY low boarding group numbers. Could it be taking longer for the app to find tickets of people who scanned in further back? Maybe if you scan into the park first, it takes just half a second longer to locate you valid admission before assigning a group? WHO KNOWS.

Ismael Flores

Park entrance is not a guarantee of being able to ride a specific ride.

Think of all the people who paid for a one day ticket to DL and their most-wanted-to-ride ride was down for refurbishment, or it broke, or couldn't be run in bad weather. How many people had one-day tickets for DL and found the Haunted Mansion -- the one ride they considered and absolute must -- was down for the Halloween set-up or break-down?
I really don’t think you could compare this to a ride that goes down for refurbishment or goes down unexpectedly.

on any given day all guests have the same opportunity to either wait in a long line or get a pass no matter what time they arrive.
they also have the ability to see online or all that a certain attraction is closed for refurbishment days in advance.

this method of boarding passes does go against the advantage of paying guests.
sometime it is their once of a lifetime opportunity to go or specifically did their trip to ride the highly publicized attraction.

the fair thing would have been to allow guests to enter the park and form a queue. If they were ok to waiting in line 2 or 8 hours with the warning that the line would be cut off at midnight.

another more logical thing should have been that a certain amount of boarding groups be released every half hour or so. This would eliminate the large crowds first thing in the morning and allow guests with families that cant be there at 6am to beat the pass holders to get a chance

flynnibus

Premium Member
this method of boarding passes does go against the advantage of paying guests.
sometime it is their once of a lifetime opportunity to go or specifically did their trip to ride the highly publicized attraction.

it does not. That person has the exact same opportunity as everyone else.

being able to ride the attraction with just an hour's worth of work sure beats having to stand in lines for 3+ hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom