Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

josh2000

I'm overjoyed at this news because I have to worst luck possible with the boarding groups. I've tried to ride ROTR five times (three times at WDW, twice at DLR) and I've been unsuccessful each time. I did every trick in the book that everyone recommended. I was in that 5% that just never got in. Once at Hollywood Studios, I got a backup boarding group and I waited in the park until close but it never got called. It's been extremely frustrating and disappointing. So this is a great thing. I couldn't care less about waiting for two+ hours in line, just give me the chance to ride!

waltography

Was there on Thanksgiving and that was one crazy Rise of Resistance line. Started next to the Columbia, went into Frontierland, then the middle entrance of SWGE. You make your way over to the entrance and go in only for Disney to pull a Disney and make an exit back out of the queue to go back where you came from (almost back to the shops) to only come back again and go back into the queue but for Disney to pull ANOTHER Disney and take you all the way out to Hungry Bear to come back into the queue for the final and last time. That was an interesting line. Took about 2 hours. View attachment 603448
When did you enter that line? Was this at the beginning of the day?

I know that by noon today the line started at the ride entrance and they only pulled one Disney (more like half since they took the line out to just before the train track arch entrance to GE). At that point they said it was 160 minutes but I couldn't really tell how fast the line was moving.

Th3 DUd3

Must have been a slow day. When I visited in October (prior to Genie+ or ILL) our group had to wait through a 2.5 hour standby line.
This is Disneyland
When did you enter that line? Was this at the beginning of the day?

I know that by noon today the line started at the ride entrance and they only pulled one Disney (more like half since they took the line out to just before the train track arch entrance to GE). At that point they said it was 160 minutes but I couldn't really tell how fast the line was moving.
Hi Walt,

Yes. With the power outages I got up late and that had a domino effect on entering the park. All my fault. So I got into DL at around 8:20ish so I would say at the height of the let’s ride excitement. I knew what I was getting into. I honestly made a by chance decision to go in at the Critter Country entrance otherwise I would have had a sad walk back to New Orleans. I just wanted to post my experience. I honestly think the biggest line we should be complaining about is when they only have one train circling Disneyland. That’s a horrible line experience if you are past NO.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Can't make sense of the real wait time today; the reported wait hasn't dipped below 120 minutes all day, and actually it's hovered around 160-180 for most of the day on the app. Ended up not riding it and headed home since it wasn't a priority.

Anyone who rode today have a clearer idea of the wait here? Is the rule of thumb to divide the posted wait by 2?
I don't know if there's a "rule of thumb", but the three times I waited for it the wait times were about a .5 to .6 multiplier to the posted times. I'm not sure how they are determining the times or if they are purposefully inflating them. They could be guessing. I never saw anyone carrying those lanyards through the line they typically use to determine waits, but that doesn't mean they aren't using them.

Was there on Thanksgiving and that was one crazy Rise of Resistance line. Started next to the Columbia, went into Frontierland, then the middle entrance of SWGE. You make your way over to the entrance and go in only for Disney to pull a Disney and make an exit back out of the queue to go back where you came from (almost back to the shops) to only come back again and go back into the queue but for Disney to pull ANOTHER Disney and take you all the way out to Hungry Bear to come back into the queue for the final and last time. That was an interesting line. Took about 2 hours. View attachment 603448
That's crazy! When I was there Monday and Tuesday the furthest I saw it go was down to the bathroom area under the Hungry Bear. On those days it got up to 180 minutes first thing in the morning but hovered between 90-100 (often going down to 75) after 10am.

As with any ride, the best time to go was during the parades/fireworks. I'd say to anyone else if you can go before Genie+ kicks in, do so. Who knows how much higher the wait will get with Lightning Lane. Thankfully this ride will only have paid Lightning so maybe it won't be so bad. I feel during the off-season standby will be tolerable enough to not need Lightning anyway.

mickEblu

I don't know if there's a "rule of thumb", but the three times I waited for it the wait times were about a .5 to .6 multiplier to the posted times. I'm not sure how they are determining the times or if they are purposefully inflating them. They could be guessing. I never saw anyone carrying those lanyards through the line they typically use to determine waits, but that doesn't mean they aren't using them.

That's crazy! When I was there Monday and Tuesday the furthest I saw it go was down to the bathroom area under the Hungry Bear. On those days it got up to 180 minutes first thing in the morning but hovered between 90-100 (often going down to 75) after 10am.

As with any ride, the best time to go was during the parades/fireworks. I'd say to anyone else if you can go before Genie+ kicks in, do so. Who knows how much higher the wait will get with Lightning Lane. Thankfully this ride will only have paid Lightning so maybe it won't be so bad. I feel during the off-season standby will be tolerable enough to not need Lightning anyway.

Off season? What’s that?

RoadiJeff

Just to clarify: Are you talking about WDW? You are in the Disneyland thread.
Yes. I hadn't noticed that this thread was specific to Disneyland. Anyway, everyone in our group of 7 said their 2.5 hour wait was worth it. None of the others I was with had ever experienced RotR.

TP2000

bf6674bd-6976-4933-ba20-6016110e4a1d-jpeg.603448

Uh... I'm suddenly feeling pretty good about not getting that Magic Key thing this year.

I can pass quite easily on this "Immersive Guest Experience". 🧐

Rob562

Honestly, it's not that bad. This is only if you show up and try rope-dropping the ride. As I mentioned in a few posts above, I only waited 28 minutes when I entered the queue at 5pm today.

I read a post elsewhere that they're finding the longest lines on Rise to be first thing in the morning, as well as mid-afternoon after park-hopping from DCA opens up.

-Rob

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Okay, so I'm heading to Disneyland on Saturday with a couple friends who are eager to ride Rise for the first time. I know it's only had a standby queue for a few weeks, but is there conventional wisdom yet concerning the best time of day to try to get on the ride?

I've heard there's a mad rush of people in the morning, so I'm thinking maybe we'll hit the other E-tickets on the west side during the first couple hours the park is open, then head back to Rise at like 10am? Those of you who've been going regularly, please let me know if this plan is woefully misguided.

mickEblu

Okay, so I'm heading to Disneyland on Saturday with a couple friends who are eager to ride Rise for the first time. I know it's only had a standby queue for a few weeks, but is there conventional wisdom yet concerning the best time of day to try to get on the ride?

I've heard there's a mad rush of people in the morning, so I'm thinking maybe we'll hit the other E-tickets on the west side during the first couple hours the park is open, then head back to Rise at like 10am? Those of you who've been going regularly, please let me know if this plan is woefully misguided.

Definitely do not go in the morning. I think the consensus right now is during parades. Or anytime it says 90 minutes or under as wait times seem to be inflated. Keep in mind they just released GENIE + / ILL so that might change things … if they can get it to work. Also make sure to check what time the ride closes. It’s been closing before the park. Like 8 or 9pm.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Thanks man. Appreciate the info. I've been noticing the early closures too. I'll keep in mind parades.

We'll probably play it by ear and head over at any point when the line looks relatively manageable, but okay, I'll for sure plan on not hitting the ride first thing.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Thanks man. Appreciate the info. I've been noticing the early closures too. I'll keep in mind parades.

We'll probably play it by ear and head over at any point when the line looks relatively manageable, but okay, I'll for sure plan on not hitting the ride first thing.
From my experience it was at 90min posted, 48 min actual by 10am. YMMV since it could be less or more crowded and Genie+ is now active. I don't see a lot of people paying $20 to ride this, and they may even inflate times to try and entice people.

My 48 min wait was when the line was down around the train bridge. If the line configuration hasn't changed much then you'd be okay getting in line when it's at around that point and it'll be less than an hour.

As @mickEblu said, parade and fireworks times were pretty good.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Screenshot (17).png

I'm totally going off of memory here, but I think this is roughly the configuration when I waited 48 minutes. The red is where you enter and it connects with the green roughly where the end of the line started. There may have been a couple other switchbacks in there but you get the gist.

mickEblu

From my experience it was at 90min posted, 48 min actual by 10am. YMMV since it could be less or more crowded and Genie+ is now active. I don't see a lot of people paying $20 to ride this, and they may even inflate times to try and entice people.

My 48 min wait was when the line was down around the train bridge. If the line configuration hasn't changed much then you'd be okay getting in line when it's at around that point and it'll be less than an hour.

As @mickEblu said, parade and fireworks times were pretty good.

Agree I just wouldn’t say fireworks though because they have been closing the ride at like 8pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom