Star Wars Rise of the Resistance Discussion

RescueTheDay

As was previously stated, WDW pushed to open theirs sooner to save holiday hotel reservations. DL’s situation has improved greatly and will be in a decent place for January. Not sure we’ll be seeing full out cast previews again, but expect lots of test and adjust with cast members who are in the area. Should be a fun November/December.

DarkMetroid567

What the heck kind of idiot soldier puts on Date Nite makeup and spends 30 minutes on a hairdo before putting on a full face bio-filter helmet? That just makes no sense.

imagine cynically hating on random women who are obviously not going to put the helmet on and just wanna look cool

there's no way you spin this that isn't sad

DanielBB8

First off, there is no way to know if Bob Iger actually did fully ride 100% of the RotR.

But in reality, the opening date for RotR at Disneyland was decided by the Marketing folks.

They wanted to get past the VERY popular Christmas Season and its possible Sold Out days in late December, early January.

The choice was Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday weekend, partially to get some guaranteed large crowds, plus to allow ads to run for the first couple of weeks in January, in a time frame that other parks tend to not heavily advertise.

So when the ride geeks said we can be ready to open in December, but not 100% sure due to Cal DOSH, the decision was made to wait until January.

And sine WDW doesn't have the Christmas impact Anaheim does, Orlando decides to open when the ride geeks say they are ready....
WDW is more desperate than Disneyland Resort. I would think Disney will get more bang for their buck if both rides open at the exact same time especially with Rise of Skywalker opening in late December. Opening the ride before the movie opens makes more sense.

What are the chances Southern California Residents passes are offered next Winter/Spring? I would think better than 50%. They aren't planning on new visitors or Star Wars fans. They will want anyone to visit no matter what to prevent another dud. Marketing messed things up so badly that I wonder what they are thinking. Disney could have monitored customer reaction to Rise of Resistance during the Christmas holidays and then declared the situation has improved and moved on. Now, they will continue the charade into the next year.

DrAlice

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Your right!

stormtroopers-cosplay-01.jpg

Where do I sign up?

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I find it funny how some people act like girls can only enjoy things with girl lead characters. I think it’s incredibly insulting to think women are only able to like or associate with things that have women as the main stars.

It’s kind of like taking the idea of women having any critical thinking away. “Oh wow this has a girl starring in it, I love this now since I am also a girl.”
Like most things in life, balance and/or moderation is key.

Plenty of girls loved the original StarWars like my wife, who also absolutely loves StarTrek. It would have been nice for her generation growing up to see more representation of women characters in higher power roles (they were few and far between). It is a different time now decades later with more understanding. I don't like to see it get pushed or forced into a story but I welcome seeing women better represented with less limitation when it is a natural fit.

PB Watermelon

Star Wars was intended for young boys and I think that much is extremely, extremely apparent judging from the majority of the fans. They're either actual young boys or man children.

George Lucas himself on a CBS TV morning show said, "I made Star Wars for 12 year old boys. I made Strange Magic for 12 year old girls."

I don't buy this. He made Star Wars for the 12 year old inside of him, and that spark of imagination and fun connected to a mass audience. Not a gender. Himself. Not unlike a certain famous guy with a moustache who was connected to that inner spark and caught the world's whimsy and gratitude. If Lucas truly made Strange Magic chasing a demographic, then he deserved the financial and creative disaster that Strange Magic was.

Communicora

Premium Member
George Lucas himself on a CBS TV morning show said, "I made Star Wars for 12 year old boys. I made Strange Magic for 12 year old girls."

I don't buy this. He made Star Wars for the 12 year old inside of him, and that spark of imagination and fun connected to a mass audience. Not a gender. Himself. Not unlike a certain famous guy with a moustache who was connected to that inner spark and caught the world's whimsy and gratitude. If Lucas truly made Strange Magic chasing a demographic, then he deserved the financial and creative disaster that Strange Magic was.
Indeed. Every kid I knew loved Star Wars. It's weird that people try to rewrite history to imply girls and women weren't fans from the beginning. I'm glad they are still paying attention to that audience now.

Darkbeer1

rumor is there is going to be passholder preview first.
Once again, it depends on testing. The CM's go first, as the state allows them to ride prior to state approval. If that goes well, Disney MIGHT offer them, but only after the peak Christmas/New Year crowds. So not a big window. Probably unannounced, if you are in the land, you might get to ride.

With the summer fiascos regarding reservations, seriously doubt they will set up AP registrations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom