Star Wars Rise of the Resistance Discussion

Phroobar

Well we don’t even get to the mission as we get captured as we are being brought into space... so the mission becomes... get out alive? Seems simple enough to me.
So we are captured by incompetents and easily escape their cells. Not one Stromtrooper can take out our slow moving transport droid or shoot anyone. We completely fail on our mission and escape with our tails between our legs.

Mac Tonight

What would have been great to see (and groundbreaking for this type of ride) would be for you to have the ability to influence the ending of the attraction.

You as the onboard escapee must do certain things while on your way out to ensure you make it. If you fail, you're taken somewhere else and ceremoniously executed... or just rescued in a different way.

Phroobar

What would have been great to see (and groundbreaking for this type of ride) would be for you to have the ability to influence the ending of the attraction.

You as the onboard escapee must do certain things while on your way out to ensure you make it. If you fail, you're taken somewhere else and ceremoniously executed... or just rescued in a different way.
I like the way you are thinking. What if we had to do certain things to blow up the ship before we escape? We could go to certain rooms and press certain buttons. These things would save the base on Baatu if we are successful. If not, we find the charred remains of the base when we get to the ground.

Darkbeer1

No, if you fail, you are sent to the super-expensive merchandise shop, spend $1,000 and you get a "get out of Jail" pass.

Can't afford it?, then you are sent to the new trash sorting area. Get 20,000 Coke product bottles, and you will qualify for a pass. And since it will take more than a few hours, your meals are what you find in the trash (Enjoy that half eaten turkey leg!).

Phroobar

No, if you fail, you are sent to the super-expensive merchandise shop, spend $1,000 and you get a "get out of Jail" pass.

Can't afford it?, then you are sent to the new trash sorting area. Get 20,000 Coke product bottles, and you will qualify for a pass. And since it will take more than a few hours, your meals are what you find in the trash (Enjoy that half eaten turkey leg!).
Just like the old Escape from Death Star board game!
400x350.jpg

Mac Tonight

I like the way you are thinking. What if we had to do certain things to blow up the ship before we escape? We could go to certain rooms and press certain buttons. These things would save the base on Baatu if we are successful. If not, we find the charred remains of the base when we get to the ground.
Definitely.
I think technologically this ride will have great aspects to it, but I also feel like there's a ton of untapped potential with it being as large as it is. Give us a corridor that splits in two and you have to choose which direction to take. I think the biggest aspect of the ride is the "drop" that can only be achieved with trackless vehicles. But beyond that, it sounds like everything else might as well be on a track.

Jones14

Considering the feigned outrage at having to *do* things on the ride next door, I’m not so certain that would go over well.

Mac Tonight

Considering the feigned outrage at having to *do* things on the ride next door, I’m not so certain that would go over well.
I see what you're saying, but I think there would be a noticeable difference.
Imagine an attraction that combines Buzz Lightyear with Indiana Jones where you ultimately get to determine which path your vehicle takes throughout the building.
That, to me, trumps a cramped video game simulator any day.

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

I watched the Galaxy's Edge program last night. I'm going to start a Galaxy's Edge program drinking game: every time someone says 'Immersive,' take a drink.

You'll be passed out in the corner before you know it.
No joke, I was discussing GE at a party the other day and one guy said he couldn't wait to go because of how immersive it is (an opinion based solely on videos he's seen)... I just quietly stood up and went back to get more food.

Last edited:

truecoat

I can't find it but I saw an ad for Galaxy's Edge last night that featured Rise of the Resistance footage incorporated with MF:SR and other shots of the land. Small print at the end says, Rise of the Resistance opens 12/05/2019. How many regular Joes will be able to discern what's what in that ad? None of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom