Star Wars proposal?

chernabog_ca

Original Poster
My GF and I are planning on going to WDW in May and I'm thinking about proposing while on the trip. I am a massive Star Wars fan and while she really isn't, she goes along with it.

I'm wondering if it's possible to do the proposal at DHS and have a few of the Star Wars characters involved in it. I could probably do it during a meet and greet but I know she would prefer something that's not that public. Would it be possible to have a cast member arrange a couple of Stormtroopers come up to us and I could pop the question with them at my side?

I'm open to any ideas and appreciate any suggestions.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My GF and I are planning on going to WDW in May and I'm thinking about proposing while on the trip. I am a massive Star Wars fan and while she really isn't, she goes along with it.

I'm wondering if it's possible to do the proposal at DHS and have a few of the Star Wars characters involved in it. I could probably do it during a meet and greet but I know she would prefer something that's not that public. Would it be possible to have a cast member arrange a couple of Stormtroopers come up to us and I could pop the question with them at my side?

I'm open to any ideas and appreciate any suggestions.
Contacting Disney directly would likely get you an actual answer.

On a side note, the fact that she just puts up with your SW infatuation is reason enough not to do it that way.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I am a massive Star Wars fan and while she really isn't, she goes along with it.
I think you've answered your own question - if she isn't really a Star Wars fan then choose something else. Its about the both of you, not just you. There are plenty of ways and places to get engaged at WDW - choose something which she will also appreciate

Tony the Tigger

You answered your question in your second sentence. Don't do it. You're doing it for yourself, not for her.

There's something all over facebook about a woman who used Darth Vader at Disney to tell her husband she was pregnant. So it's even sounding old already, anyway.

chernabog_ca

Original Poster
I should say she's more of a casual fan instead of how I did describe it.

I got this idea because I thought that while she's not as big a fan as I am, she might appreciate it because it's me and it's something that says me but you guys are right, I'm not fully thinking about it from her view and it might not end up meaning as much to her and I wouldn't want to take that away from her.

DisneyPrincess5

So coming from a female who was proposed to in an amazing and very personal and meaningful way, I would highly recommend that you propose in a way that's very meaningful for her. Please give some thought to that-she'll have that memory forever and you want it to be really meaningful and special for her, and the both of you, not just you.

If you're wanting to do it in Disney, is Disney something she really loves? Maybe do it in front of her favorite attraction or at her favorite restaurant?

However you do it, good luck and congratulations.

RememberWhen

Just to express the other side of the coin, doing something that's really you will also be great. I was proposed to sitting on the kitchen floor while eating pizza. It was perfect. Don't let anyone tell you it has to be done in a specific way.
And if you have enough money, I'm sure Disney will make all your dreams come true.
Enjoy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom