Star Wars Land

djkidkaz

I always thought a Star Wars coaster would be awesome if they used the launch technology similar to the start of Aerosmith. Put it in the middle of the coaster as a launch into hyperspace.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't know where people are getting this stuff....
There is some truth to the recent mumblings. Whether it leads to an announcement let alone construction I don't know.

What I do know is there are plans for DHS to receive a lot of attention. Mostly but not perhaps only within the current boundary. I'd be delighted of it were two separate large projects at the same time plus a park wide sparkle and cohesive retheme. As of now I know of definate plans for a small Star Wars expansion and the proposal to remove the tour area for additional Pixar Land space, in additional to the planned MI coaster. Remember, I say plans. Proposals. They are ready to go if green lit. Anything larger seems to indeed be a real possibility but I know nothing more at this time.

lebeau

There is some truth to the recent mumblings. Whether it leads to an announcement let alone construction I don't know.

What I do know is there are plans for DHS to receive a lot of attention. Mostly but not perhaps only within the current boundary. I'd be delighted of it were two separate large projects at the same time plus a park wide sparkle and cohesive retheme. As of now I know of definate plans for a small Star Wars expansion and the proposal to remove the tour area for additional Pixar Land space, in additional to the planned MI coaster. Remember, I say plans. Proposals. They are ready to go if green lit. Anything larger seems to indeed be a real possibility but I know nothing more at this time.

Thanks for putting the rampant speculation in perspective.

CinematicFusion

If they do a tatoonie concept, I wish they would explore an e-ticket style attraction centering on The audiences escape from Jabba's palace.

1. Want it to be a story driven, cinematic ride that takes the audience deep into the underbelly of the palace. Visually appealing, from encounters with boba fett, the rancor pit, and the main encounter with Jabba himself. There is tons of creative ideas to explore with this ride concept. Blue sky it up Disney!

2. This ride could use the tech universal uses with its hybrid coaster/dark rides or Disney could explore the trackless ride system used in mystic manor.

3. ride needs to be suspenseful, edge of your seat thrill ride. Same kinetic pace of the original trilogy.
4. Ride must have the very heart and soul of what makes a Star Wars movie great. Full on immersion for the audience.

Not big on the speeder bike e-ticket concept...it's too one dimensional for me.
An escape from Jabba's palace ride gives the designers many more story elements to play with, and it's also an iconic center piece of the original movies. Everyone is familiar with Jabba. It could be the visual center piece of the new land.

Down side is this would be a much more expensive concept to create. The speeder bike is just a roller coaster, the Jabba palace idea would be a state of the art dark ride concept.

Tim_4

I don't know where people are getting this stuff....
1. Bob Iger says there will be "expanded SW presence" in the domestic theme parks. This is public knowledge.

2. Poster says "here's how I would do Star Wars Land."

3. Five pages later, #2 is included in a list summarizing the current rumors.

4. Two threads later, the list in #3 is now "fact" in the conventional wisdom of the community.

This is how Avatar was "cancelled" or a "Soarin clone."

I half blame the mods. There's no filter between legitimate rumor, possible rumor, wild speculation, and fanboy wet dream. It's impossible for the average poster to keep track of which people know they're talking about.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
1. Bob Iger says there will be "expanded SW presence" in the domestic theme parks. This is public knowledge.

I half blame the mods. There's no filter between legitimate rumor, possible rumor, wild speculation, and fanboy wet dream. It's impossible for the average poster to keep track of which people know they're talking about.

Iger didn't say "domestic theme parks," he said "our parks"....

And if you don't like the moderators here, thank goodness the interwebs offer you other opportunities.

PhotoDave219

Iger didn't say "domestic theme parks," he said "our parks"....

And if you don't like the moderators here, thank goodness the interwebs offer you other opportunities.

We are generally a self-moderated, self-policed forum.

There are those of us on these forums whom are doing their best to act as a sort-of Rumor Control with this.

.... And frankly, those whom have seen my posts for years, when *I* have to be the voice of reason, we might be in trouble.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom