Star Wars land to disneyland toontown?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Wall-e

Original Poster
This is news alright. I hope this doesn't mean WDW isn't gonna get Star Wars.:(
My wife actually brought it to my attention for that reason. It makes it unlikely but considering the popularity not impossible to have a Star Wars land on each coast.

Nick Wilde

My wife actually brought it to my attention for that reason. It makes it unlikely but considering the popularity not impossible to have a Star Wars land on each coast.
Maybe they're waiting to see if the movie does well to put in a WDW version. Or, worse, they could wait to see if the Disneyland Star Wars land goes well before they put it in WDW. We may have to wait quite a while.

Wall-e

Original Poster
Maybe they're waiting to see if the movie does well to put in a WDW version. Or, worse, they could wait to see if the Disneyland Star Wars land goes well before they put it in WDW. We may have to wait quite a while.
It's going to be a huge cash property and, given the right park concept
, could support it's own gate, imo.

Wall-e

Original Poster
I would love a Star Wars 5th gate. but they need to work with the other 4 and get those up to code first. They've got a long way to go.
Money being the root of all things, a successful 5th gate could provide the monetary resources necessary to bouy the needs of other parks. Not to mention that a fresh and attractive park option would be good for the attendance all of wdw resort as a whole.

Kman101

I find it funny they're shoving Star Wars into Toontown's spot at Disneyland yet we likely have to wait until 2020 (according to PhotoDave) to get anything at Hollywood Studios where they, you know, do Star Wars Weekends, already have a very mini themed area .... sigh. They can't put a rush on this for both parks at the same time? Maybe even do two unique planets from the SW Galaxy so both parks get something exclusive to them? I guess that'd be asking too much LOL

Matt7187

Im fine with everything but ToonTown getting the axe. Please don't do take it!! I love Toontown. It just needs some love, not to be taken over by SW.

Kman101

So how will the DL regulars take it once they hear the news ToonTown could be going away (if this indeed comes to pass)?

rct247

I found it odd that Toontown would get the ax. If they were going to utilize parts of Tomorrowland along with it, what does that mean for Small World?

GiveMeTheMusic

So how will the DL regulars take it once they hear the news ToonTown could be going away (if this indeed comes to pass)?

Not much of an outcry. The only real loss is Roger Rabbit, which is a very well done and charming ride. Will be a shame to see it go.

The Slashfilm article is a poorly worded rehash of MiceAge's update today. There is no chance of Star Wars being announced on Friday - all that will be announced is the new Frozen stuff for DCA. A Star Wars announcement is a LONG way off at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom