Star Wars Land for Dummies

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
First, let me say that, yes, I am that dummy to which the title of my post refers.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone can give me a quick summary or break down of what the two new attractions in this land are supposed to be like. In other words, are they screen simulators like FOP, actual coasters like RnR, or perhaps some combination of both like HP? Or am I missing it completely and are they something else altogether?

Thanks so much for any insight!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
First, let me say that, yes, I am that dummy to which the title of my post refers.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone can give me a quick summary or break down of what the two new attractions in this land are supposed to be like. In other words, are they screen simulators like FOP, actual coasters like RnR, or perhaps some combination of both like HP? Or am I missing it completely and are they something else altogether?

Thanks so much for any insight!
Millenium Flacon is a next generation of Star Tours - where the guests directly impact the outcome by what they do in the shop.

Rise of the Resistance is a large scale ride - more of a next generation Indiana Jones from DL.

Neither is a coaster.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Millenium Flacon is a next generation of Star Tours - where the guests directly impact the outcome by what they do in the shop.

Rise of the Resistance is a large scale ride - more of a next generation Indiana Jones from DL.

Neither is a coaster.
So is Rise of the Resistance supposed to be the better of the two attractions? Also, do you believe this ride will set the new standard? In other words, in your opinion, will it exceed the likes of Flight of Passage and Forbidden Journey?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So is Rise of the Resistance supposed to be the better of the two attractions? Also, do you believe this ride will set the new standard? In other words, in your opinion, will it exceed the likes of Flight of Passage and Forbidden Journey?

Thanks for your thoughts!

I can’t see either touching them.

Disney has inherited the Lucas myth that Star Wars is only for kids...so there’s are sim/family rides that don’t trigger your physical senses like a thrill ride. 38” height restrictions limit quality. Same as star tours.

The others are sims that do.

I do hope both are great ads...they need them big time - especially in the swamp

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I can’t see either touching them.

Disney has inherited the Lucas myth that Star Wars is only for kids...so there’s are sim/family rides that don’t trigger your physical senses like a thrill ride. 38” height restrictions limit quality. Same as star tours.

The others are sims that do.

I do hope both are great ads...they need them big time - especially in the swamp
Good points. I fear that you will be right on the money.

Cmdr_Crimson

Best way I can describe MF:SR it's like Mission Space (Green Team)as you control the ship with Pilot, Engineer and Gunner mixed in with a game similar from Disneyquest Pirates of the Carribean: Battle for buccaneer gold..

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I was really hoping at least one of these new rides would set the new standard. My Universal buddies always flaunt Harry Potter in my face and all I have to come back at them with is Flight of Passage. Not that FOP isn’t incredible, I was just hoping for a little more ammo for the debate over which is the best attraction between the two. Sadly, it looks like these two new rides won’t help me in that regard. Oh well.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was really hoping at least one of these new rides would set the new standard. My Universal buddies always flaunt Harry Potter in my face and all I have to come back at them with is Flight of Passage. Not that FOP isn’t incredible, I was just hoping for a little more ammo for the debate over which is the best attraction between the two. Sadly, it looks like these two new rides won’t help me in that regard. Oh well.

I don't think you can dismiss RoTR yet.

JIMINYCR

There have been multiple videos taken of the attraction run through already posted on Youtube. Those who have ridden it say in their opinions its better than FoP. As Cmdr_Crimson said you are assigned various positions and take control. The front 2 seats look like you have a great view, but the back 2 look less spectacular???

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Best way I can describe MF:SR it's like Mission Space (Green Team)as you control the ship with Pilot, Engineer and Gunner mixed in with a game similar from Disneyquest Pirates of the Carribean: Battle for buccaneer gold..
Well that doesn’t sound all that promising...
I don't think you can dismiss RoTR yet.
It’s a trackless with AAs...how is that gonna set a “standard”?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There have been multiple videos taken of the attraction run through already posted on Youtube. Those who have ridden it say in their opinions its better than FoP. As Cmdr_Crimson said you are assigned various positions and take control. The front 2 seats look like you have a great view, but the back 2 look less spectacular???
You mean the “casual fans” who are descending on Disneyland with $600 a night rooms within the first 36 hours of opening??

Cmdr_Crimson

Yeah I'm not a big SW fan but, that's the way it reminds me of it...

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
And not to turn this into a Disney vs Universal argument (because we all know how that always ends up, lol), but with the new HP ride coming to Uni in a couple weeks, I was really REALLY hoping for something spectacular with RotR. My hopes are dwindling though, I must admit.

Cmdr_Crimson

And not to turn this into a Disney vs Universal argument (because we all know how that always ends up, lol), but with the new HP ride coming to Uni in a couple weeks, I was really REALLY hoping for something spectacular with RotR. My hopes are dwindling though, I must admit.
See if it was a ride ala TSM where everything is a target then it would have been better...IMO..

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well that doesn’t sound all that promising...

It’s a trackless with AAs...how is that gonna set a “standard”?

To me setting a "standard" has nothing to do with what technology is used, it has to do with how well it uses it. If it does things that no other trackless ride with AA's has done then it could set a new standard.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They gotta get it to work first
See if it was a ride ala TSM where everything is a target then it would have been better...IMO..
But that wouldn’t really work in the context of a Star Wars ride....dogfighting in space more than missile command
To me setting a "standard" has nothing to do with what technology is used, it has to do with how well it uses it. All If it does things that no other trackless ride with AA's has done then it could set a new standard.
I get you...
But I think they’re choice on tech and making it maybe too kid friendly has a clear glass ceiling.

We’ll see

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
They gotta get it to work first

But that wouldn’t really work in the context of a Star Wars ride....dogfighting in space more than missile command

I get you...
But I think they’re choice on tech and making it maybe too kid friendly has a clear glass ceiling.

We’ll see
Are they having issues with the new HP ride? I hadn’t heard that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom