Star Wars Land Droid and Lightsaber Cost?

George Lucas on a Bench

What was wrong with this?

telescopicswardpdg.jpg

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney is adding the variation with the crystals, and seems to have a reasonable effects package built in. The fact the components are interchangable is nice. I expect they are building for durability too.. as Disney doesn't want to be replacing broken sabers constantly in the parks (which they would do...).

truecoat

Disney is adding the variation with the crystals, and seems to have a reasonable effects package built in. The fact the components are interchangable is nice. I expect they are building for durability too.. as Disney doesn't want to be replacing broken sabers constantly in the parks (which they would do...).

At 200 bucks a pop, it better have some durability.

TROR

Disney had Galaxy's Edge booths at Celebration, including displays of the sabers you can build at Savi's. The fans were saying the sabers are metal, pretty solid and heavy, with decent sound and light. In the videos I saw the sabers looked pretty decent, but I doubt these will compare with a custom jobs from Ultrasaber. While $200 seems like a lot for a toy, you are also paying for the experience of building the the thing. I'll no doubt do this when I break down in a year or so and head back to Disneyland.
You pay for the experience when you buy a ticket to the park.

SSG

Well it's $100 and no AP discount. Yikes.

No, it has the discount

Annual Passholder Discounts at Droid Depot – Opening May 31, 2019!

Annual Passport TypeDiscount*
Disney Southern California Passport10%
Disney Deluxe Passport10%
Disney Southern California Select Passport10%
Disney Signature Passport20%
Disney Signature Plus Passport20%
Disney Flex Passport10%

D.Silentu

I'm anxious to hear about the saber building experience itself. I have no familiarity with the pricing of current high end lightsabers, but until I hear more this seems pretty steep. Likewise for the droids.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Where do you see that table? From the website itself:

"Custom astromech droid units are nonrefundable and are not eligible for Annual Passholder or other discounts"
Just like a lot of things, the custom built items won't have an AP discount. But the non-custom droids and other items from the shop will have discounts.

Snow Queen

Yeah, one of my takeaways as we've gotten closer is I don't like the quality of the custom lightsabers. They're a bit too chunky, a bit too plastic-y for my tastes. The legacy ones look pretty great though, and I have my eye on one of those. At $100, the plastic quality the droids have is stretching it a bit, but I can live with it more at that price than $200 US, which already is making my wallet cry.

Snow Queen

I definitely am in for a droid but have to admit it is on the higher end of price.

I agree the Lightsabers are a lot. I’d love to have the droid on my office desk, the lightsaber I have no idea what I’d do with it. I wish it was retractable and not a thing you screw on.
That's one of the reasons I lean to the Legacy ones. I don't need to buy the blade, I'm not going to swing it around, just give me the hilt(s) and a little case to display them in and I'm good.

Snow Queen

Totally agree. Luke’s Return of the Jedi hilt would be awesome to have as a display piece.

Disney most likely will not even allow use of the saber in the parks.

I know many people who bought blasters for their kids just to come back a few years later and not be allowed to bring them in.
Yeah, the Luke one quite impressed me with how thin they managed to get the neck, so good call on that one. I'm leaning to the pair of Ahsoka ones, I like the style of the blade and the idea of having something just a little different than another movie one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom